2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Posting early. DD home from college, with laundry of course. And it's been a really hectic week around here, shuttling my son to pt and doc appointments.

I'm looking forward to getting the house cleaned up and then resting for the rest of the weekend.

WTD=-21 YTD=+31

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary, I could do the scores for you - it will be early afternoon when I get to work - but if everyone can wait until then, I don't mind doing it. Just let me know.

I found out last night I was going to have work a double shift today, so I brought some crocheting with me. I may be able to use up another ball during the day. I'll have to see how it goes. I have a few hours of actual work, but will mostly just be sitting at the circulation desk in, at least so far, a virtually empty library. There are two of us here at the desk and, I think, three students holed up in study rooms on the second floor. It may pick up later, if if it hasn't by 10:30, there are no big exams pending and it will probably be quiet all day.

I made a lot of pumpkin pins (didn't count). Used 2 small balls (+2) :cheer. I went through my stash and all I found was 1 small skein of orange :eek. I gave 10 balls and 5 partial skeins to the senior center for the knitters group (+15) :cheer. My mom brought me 6 skeins of Home Spun (-12), :goodorbad however you want look at it :lol.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 93

Ellie 13

I used 2 balls on my scrap lapghan this week. :woo A +2 for me. But no that is not the case. You see while I have a hard time passing up free shipping this week it was 99 cents shipping that got me. For awhile now I have been wanting 3 skeins of Spring Green in RHSS. But each time Joann.com has had free shipping lately there has always been a minimum dollar amount of $30 to $40. Which means I would have to order somewhere between 15 and 20 skeins of yarn and for once in my life I did not want that much. Finally this week Joann.com offered 99 cent shipping and no minimum amount. The RHSS was on sale (not a big markdown but enough) that even when I added the 99 cent shipping charge I still got my 3 skeins for less than the regular price. We do have a regular Walmart near us (has a great yarn section) where I might have gotten a little bit better price on the yarn. But we are in the process of possibly getting our bathroom remodeled and getting rid of some of the excess stuff we have in our house also. Plus starting Monday I will be going for some physical therapy for my lymphadema in my left arm. I have a month of therapy sessions scheduled. So it was just less hassle to order it online than trying to find time to run to Walmart. Plus there would be no guarantee that after I got to Walmart they would have the color I wanted. If they didn't that meant running to some of the other craft stores in the same area as the Walmart. So Friday I received a box with 3 skeins of yarn. That's a -6. So add my +2 to the -6 my score for week ending 9/22/2012

WTD: -4

Oh well. :shrug

Yah, those shipping deals will get us every time! I passed on the shipping code, but, against all my principles, paid full shipping and used the 50% off coupon for one of the covetable but stupidly expensive yarn ball winders. Even after shipping I saved over $20.

Should that go into a yarn fund? :lol

It's supposed to arrive Thursday. At that point I will probably stop using up yarn and just play around winding it up.

I frittered away the morning doing nothing, and now I have to work a little. Then I get to :hook

Not much crocheting this week and no yarn used up, but I have started the border on my DH's Steeler afghan. I'll then be ready to start my DS's afghan, but not without a yarn trip tomorrow! AC Moore has all of their yarn on sale and a $10 coupon off a $30 purchase for tomorrow and Monday! After I teach in the morning, I'll be ready to go. Hopefully, they'll have the colors I need.

WTD: 0

Yee-ha! Off topic, but -- the library director is also working here today and we were chatting a few minutes ago when she came back in from lunch. She has seen me crocheting and I told her that I hoped she didn't mind. She said she didn't - that in many of their meetings people are sitting there knitting or crocheting while they listen. So - I have Official Permission to Crochet at Work!

How wonderful is that??? :bounce:jumpyay:woo

Not too much going on here yarn and hook-wise, but I did manage to roll a skein down to a ball, so at least I'm making some progress... :rofl

Week Ending 9/22/2012:

WTD +1 / YTD +15

I wasn't able to get through any more today. Just when I was ready to start crocheting, I got an e-mail with another big project that needs to be done by tomorrow night. Sigh. Lucky thing I'm working a double today, though I've taken a couple of leisurely breaks.

So:

WTD: 4

YTD: -105

GOLD MEDAL: pineknott: +11 :fame

SILVER MEDAL: Ellie13: +5 :jumpyay

BRONZE MEDAL: ddc: +4 :clap

STILL AHEAD:

Izabelka: +2

crabbyrat: +1 :D

HOLDING STEADY: :hook

walker1021

BigPinkPolkaDot

prettywoman030981

shannart

yarn geek

NEW YARN!! :c9

greyhoundmama: -1

tnkycrochetnut: -4

jollyrancher418: -7

FrLoopLady: -17

dragonpuck: -19

CLLinda: -21

SHOOT THE MOON! :goodorbad

Braxxi: -25

FrLoopLady -- how did you do with your rabbits at the fair?

If I missed anyone on the score, let me know.

Whole lotta yarn shoppin' going on last week! :lol :lol

I had a Wal-Mart gift card that I won in a drawing and was at a different Wal-Mart today that had Amazing yarn. So I treated myself to 4 skeins. Not getting much done so far this week, but I hope to work off at least some of that.

Mary - congrats on the Big Win!

This week I've made a whole baby afghan, and have 0 to show for my efforts - at least on this thread. I used several colors of Lion Brand Pound of Love, but not enough of any of them to count. What a bummer! :lol

Archived