2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

A whole day without picking up a hook. My son and husband are keeping me busy.

It's hard being a mom, nurse, cook, etc. But I'm just glad my son's on the way to recovery.

:manyheart

Yes, and my jaw hit my desk when I read your son's elbow is in 7 pieces... :eek Sending you hugs!! :manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, and my jaw hit my desk when I read your son's elbow is in 7 pieces... :eek Sending you hugs!! :manyheart

Thanks for the kind words. One good thing is that he is in great spirits, which really helps us all.

A whole day without picking up a hook. My son and husband are keeping me busy.

It's hard being a mom, nurse, cook, etc. But I'm just glad my son's on the way to recovery.

So thankful for you that he is doing well! I did my wrist in 7 places and a lot older than he is! Find good PT and he will do great :yes Sounds like he already is. Attitude is a big part of healing!

I haven't been here in nearly 2 weeks :eek. Linda - sorry to hear about your son, I'm glad he's doing well :hug. I didn't get to post last week, library was closed Sat - Mon. (Labor Day). It's been busy at the market, and with all the students going back to school, I get more hours (more $$ = more :yarn). I finished the afghan for a co-worker :cheer. Now she wants another one in pinks, with matching doll blanket :clap. I'm going to be very busy. I'll add last weeks and this weeks scores together. Used 3 balls and rolled a skein last week (+4), used 1 skein this week (+2) :cheer.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 84

If I used more before Sat., I'll try to get here to post.

Ellie 13

I've been so busy this week....I cannot believe it is already Thursday.

Ok here it is. I got my large JoAnn's order at work Tuesday. Then a friend who has stopped knitting gave me several skeins and also cones and partial cones of knitting machine yarn.

Total right now this week:68 new skeins of yarn = -136---YIKES

Used up a skein of sequin yarn on a scarf.

+2

Joann's..need I say more? :lol

But I also did roll a ball so that is +3 total.... um... 2 pounders, 2 sock yarn, 2 caribbean,

so -6 now

in my own defense..it was all on sale, I had at 40% off an item, 15% off total sale, and $5 over $25 :D

Joann's..need I say more? :lol

But I also did roll a ball so that is +3 total.... um... 2 pounders, 2 sock yarn, 2 caribbean,

so -6 now

in my own defense..it was all on sale, I had at 40% off an item, 15% off total sale, and $5 over $25 :D

Used up a ball on a hat and then sent it to fair! my first time sending stuff to fair. I alsvo gave a skein away

CCLinda, glad to hear your son is out of the hospital after his second operation. We are still praying for his full recovery. When someone is sick or injured, it's stressful on all members of the family. You remember to take a few minutes for yourself, if you can. It's so hard to see your baby in pain, though, no matter what his age!

WTD: +1 / YTD: +35

Posting my score now. Did not get as much crocheting done this week as last. I am just about done with a ball on my scrap lapghan but will count it in next week's totals. So far the week ending September 8, 2012:

WTD: +2

Going to give everyone a early warning/heads up. Sometime soon I may be away from the computer for awhile. My hubby and I need to have some major remodeling done to our bathroom (We only have the one). If the people start in a couple of weeks we will need to go someplace else to live while the work is being done. Also a lot of stuff from the house will need to be moved out. We have not made up our minds yet what route to take. We are talking about finally trying to get rid of some/most of our clutter before having the work done. Or maybe waiting until after the work is done. The only problem I see with waiting afterwards to get rid of the clutter is right now most of the clutter is organized in marked boxes and when its put back in the house it may not be put where it original was. It will be harder to find and keep track of important papers in this way. :thinking

Well, five days off and I have little crocheting to show for it. I don't know where the time went. I guess that's usual for lazy vacations. It's a +6 so far. Maybe another ball or two before the night is over, but I doubt it.

I will have to post scores after I get to work tomorrow, so it will be afternoon before they are up.

Archived