2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished a skein! That's big for me. Maybe this week I'll have a little more time to crochet 'cause the kiddos are going back to school -- maybe between making breakfast stuff for the freezer. It'll be so nice to have a stockpile of waffles, pancakes, muffins and quick breads to grab and microwave for a quick something as they head out the door. Their bus comes at 6:50 a.m. and they don't like getting up. I wake them at 6 a.m. as the latest possible time to get ready, but my daughter takes longer to wake up, get dressed, get her stuff and get out the door -- and she is one miserable princess! Oh well, life goes on!

For week ending August 25, 2010:

WTD: +2 / YTD: +27

School started this week, I was really tired every day when I got home and didn't get much crocheting done. It'll be better when I get back into routine. My score is wtd 0, ytd -1

Hi everyone,

I won't be able to do the year to date scorekeeping tomorrow. My son fell out of a tree, broke his shoulder and elbow, punctured a lung, and other injuries.

If someone could do it, I would appreciated greatly.

Thank you.

Linda:manyheart

Oh no, Linda! I hope your son will be all right.

I'll try to do the scoring at 8:30 EST tomorrow morning but it'll depend on if I can get a few minutes without help from the small one. If I can't get it then, I won't be back home until the afternoon.

Now, my score: worked steadily this week, but nothing finished yet. Did get one skein to the point I could roll it to a ball so:

wtd: +1 / ytd: -2

I'll get back to positive eventually!

Oh..Linda...prayers going up for your son :manyheart

I went to Walmart today and 7 skeins of clearance yarn jumped into my cart :lol:D:lol

This week is definitely the opposite of stashbusting!

I did use 1 skein and finish off 2 balls today.

Final score for the week:

WTD = -70/YTD = -93

Let me see...3 afghans, one circle vest and I'm sure there is something else :lol

Question sparked by Donna's comment on multiple projects with the RHSS skeins, and also staring at what I'm working on tonight:

I know that probably most of us are working on more than one project at a time - but how close to literally do you take that? I just realised that pretty much every night this week, I've been working on three projects. As in, they are all sitting next to me on the couch, and I'm doing, say, twenty or thirty minutes on one and going "Oh man, oh man, I want to work on that one now!" and then doing another 20-30 and then it's "oh man, I need to get all these done, I better switch!" and then doing that over again.

This is probably the worst I've ever gotten. In the past I usually just stuck to one a night. :P I'm hoping once I get a few things *completed* I can calm down and start working like a rational person again instead of a crazy one?

used up a skein. I bought a skein of that craft smart value. I didn't like the feel necessarily of the yarn on the skein, but it wasn't to bad to work with actually. Will give my final verdict on it after it's washed.

wtd -3 ytd -210

Hi everyone,

I won't be able to do the year to date scorekeeping tomorrow. My son fell out of a tree, broke his shoulder and elbow, punctured a lung, and other injuries.

If someone could do it, I would appreciated greatly.

Thank you.

Linda:manyheart

Oh, no! :hug

Don't worry about scores. One way or another, they'll get posted.

VikingRunnerGirl- If you're not able to post them, let me know; I can do them tomorrow afternoon.

I didn't use up any yarn this week, but I did give a skein away. Looks like I missed the boat on shopping this week. :lol I didn't buy a thing.

WTD +2; YTD: -372

Stashbusting Year to date

For August 2012

I hope I get everybody!

Pineknott +373 Gold Medal Winner! Fantastic!

Ellie13 +78 Silver Medal Winner! Terrific!

CLLinda +49 Bronze Medal Winner! Great!

Using Up Yarn:

walker +43

Dragonpuck +40

BigPinkPolkaDot +270

unicorn37757 +3

saffronangel +2

Remaining the same:

Crabby rat 0

New yarn to play in:

cshort -1

VikingRunnerGirl -2

pixidaria -8

Krazycrocheter -18

Prettywoman030981 -30

tnkycrochetnut -57

ddc -77

greyhoundgrandma -90

Shannart -93

FrLopLady -210

yarn geek -372

And the winner for July for "Shoot The Moon" is Braxxi with a mind-blowing score of *drum roll* -626! :2eek:cheer:cheer:clap:drool:clap:cheer:cheer:2eek

so much yarn to play with...!

Ok, I wanted to do more color play and font changes, but somebody is "helping" me with the computer. As in, NOT helping even a tiny bit! And I'm now out of time. I got everyone I could find! Went back for quite a few pages to try to get an August number for everyone. Ok, posting this before he deletes all my work!!

If I missed you sorry, let me know and I'll edit the post this afternoon!

Medal Winners week ending 08-25-4-12

:cheer:cheer:cheer GOLD Pixidaria +10

:cheer:cheer Silver pineknott +9

:cheerBronze prettywoman030981 +5

Progress

tnkycrochetnut +4

greyhoundgrandma +4

dragonpuck +4

BigPinkPolkadot +2

yarngeek +2

walker1012 +2

vikingrunnergirl +1

saffronangel +1

Even Keel

unicorn37757 0

cshort 0

KrazyCrocheter 0

Ellie13 0

Shopping :devil

FrLopLady -3

ddc -11

Shannart -70

aaaand( drumroll)

Shoot The Moon

Braxxi - 90 tag you're it :hook

hopefully I didn't miss anyone :blush

I'm so surprised...NOT! :lol:lol:lol I really need to quit shopping. The guy at the craft store I was in last week (where I bought the 48 skeins of yarn) was wondering what I bought that caused him to have to ok the check I wrote...you should have seen the look on his face when he asked what I was making and I told him I didn't know yet!

Oops, did have to change one. Greyhoundgrandma was -90, not -93. I remember moving her name to keep the order right but then I wrote the wrong number!

That may have been when I was trying to keep a certain someone from faceplanting the laptop... :P (He decided that was a good way to try to convince me to break the "videos are only for evening" rule and pull up choo-choo trains.)

Oops, did have to change one. Greyhoundgrandma was -90, not -93. I remember moving her name to keep the order right but then I wrote the wrong number!

That may have been when I was trying to keep a certain someone from faceplanting the laptop... :P (He decided that was a good way to try to convince me to break the "videos are only for evening" rule and pull up choo-choo trains.)

I noticed it, but it didn't make any difference! Good job stepping in with the scores.

I made a hat today, but didn't even get down to rolling the skein into a ball. I did get one rolled into a ball after making three more rectangles. So positive for now...+1.

I have yet to find a pattern for a man's hat that I really, really like. Any suggestions!

Archived