2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the hole. -10 for Joann's order and -2 for yarn returned to the stash. +2 used up, so -10 so far. Since I'm ready to start a new project with multiple colors (only a row and a half left on the round ripple I'm doing now), I'll be surprised if I use up anything countable for the rest of the week, but I'll just keep chugging along.

I understand your frustration with crocheting and not using up any of your stash. I have been that way here lately also. I am currently having some therapy on my left arm for lymphedema which means my arm is wrapped up most of the time. Since I am right handed it does not interfere very much with my crocheting. But I also have a numb and tingling little finger on my right hand. My doctor says I injured a tendon in my "funny bone" and that is what causes the numbness and tingling. It also interferes with the use of my right hand. So I have not been able to crochet much in recent weeks. Which means no stash being used up. So I understand your frustration.:hug

Bought 3 skeins, used up 1 for -4

Leaving nest tuesday for a road trip to Wichita! A truck with 4 CW Rabbiteers (CW =crazy women lol) for the national convention of the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc.. We will be pulling a trailer with about 120 or so rabbit for many friends in the NW. Many of them will join back up with their owners who fly in, some we take care of for the week. We are crazy, but we have fun!

I just wanted to let you ladies have an update. I'm presently preparing for surgery on Wednesday, October 24th. It will be a lumpectomy, followed by radiation and chemo. It will be about a year before I am finished with all this junk I have to go through to get rid of this breast cancer.

I probably won't be around for a while.

Keep on Stashbusting or Stashbuying, whatever your choice is.

Have fun and I will be updating you all soon.

:manyheart

I just wanted to let you ladies have an update. I'm presently preparing for surgery on Wednesday, October 24th. It will be a lumpectomy, followed by radiation and chemo. It will be about a year before I am finished with all this junk I have to go through to get rid of this breast cancer.

I probably won't be around for a while.

Keep on Stashbusting or Stashbuying, whatever your choice is.

Have fun and I will be updating you all soon.

:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Linda thanks for the update. I will be praying for you especially this coming Wednesday. When you start your chemo treatments take your crochet with you as it helps to pass the time. My chemo treatments took 4 hours and it was relaxing to be able to crochet during that time.:hug :hug

My score for the week ending 10/20/2012 is:

WTD: +0 YTD: -43

Linda, I agree with tnkycrochetnut. Take your crocheting, or something. I can cap hers - my chemo took 5 hours for the two drips - at least it came with a free lunch. Well, I say free. The insurance was probably billed a couple of hundred bucks for the sandwiches. :lol I wasn't crocheting at the time, but packed enough entertainments with me to last for days. I guess I've always feared being bored more than anything.

I won't post a score yet. I hope to get through a few more balls today.

I bought 1 skein last week (-2). I made some more pumpkin pins and squares for an afghan used a ball (+1) :cheer. The nights have been getting colder, so I had to pick all my tomatoes. Some have ripened in a bag, but I still have too many green ones. I've already made 3 batches of relish with red/green tomatoes, red/green peppers and onions. Does anyone know how to make fried green tomatoes :lol? Maybe I'll get a better score next week.

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 93

Ellie 13

Edited to update

The Joann.com order arrived with the RHSS charcoal (nice!) and the Grape Fizz I've been coveting. I also abandoned a project and returned a couple of balls to stash for a total of -12. I've used up 5 balls for +5. So...

WTD: -7 YTD: -107

I think it unlikely I will use up another ball tonight. If I do, I'll just add it in to next week. It will be after midnight before that happens anyway :lol

Edited: another color was much nearer the end than I realized, so I finished off another ball about 9:30.

Bought 3 skeins, used up 1 for -4

Leaving nest tuesday for a road trip to Wichita! A truck with 4 CW Rabbiteers (CW =crazy women lol) for the national convention of the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc.. We will be pulling a trailer with about 120 or so rabbit for many friends in the NW. Many of them will join back up with their owners who fly in, some we take care of for the week. We are crazy, but we have fun!

Didn't add or subtract from the -4..So

WTD -4 YTD -270

Took another Best in Show with one of my rabbits on Saturday! :cheer

Archived