2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

for the week ending Nov 3, 12

Wtd: -5 (used up a total of 4 and bought 9 skeins) i ran out for projects working on plus making gifts and a hat and scarf for toast for tails donation.

Ytd: -2

I think i calculated right :/

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wtd: -5 (used up a total of 4 and bought 9 skeins) i ran out for projects working on plus making gifts and a hat and scarf for toast for tails donation.

It's one point for balls (as in using a skein down to where you roll it into a ball to keep it from tangling) and two points for skeins. So -2 for each skein you buy and +2 for each skein you use up.

If you bought 9 skeins? that would be -18, using up 4 would be a +8 giving you a -10 for the week.

If what you were using were balls your calculations are correct

9 balls less 4 = -5..but I'm betting you were talking skeins if you went out and bought some.

prettywoman - good for you! I went to Joann to today and I left without any too. I'm having a little non-buyers remorse tonight since it was a really great price, but where would I put it?

Congratulations ddc and prettywoman for staring temptation in the face and winning. :woo:yay I have been tempted here lately also by Joann.com but I am like ddc - Where would I put it? :shrug

Plus the last few weeks I have been in physical therapy for the lymphedema in my left arm. My arm has been bandaged/wrapped to get the swelling down so I can wear my new lymphedema sleeve and glove. I am suppose to wear them all the time but I wasn't. I will from now on as I don't like my arm wrapped. When my arm is wrapped there is not much I can do. Crocheting is almost impossible. Its very very slow going so I have not been crocheting. That brings me to my totals for the week ending November 3:

WTD: +0 YTD: -43

I succumbed to non-buyer's remorse this morning on the way to work. It's really bad judgement to live across the street from Joann's given my little problem :lol Fortunately they are supposed to move next year some time. I bought one skein of One Pound, and picked up six of the Rainbow Boucle. I have never used it before, but thought it would be nice for a project I've committed to. I'm sitting here at work looking at it debating whether to open one and try it or just return them all. I bought that many because the price was more than right - $5.25 - and I have no idea how far it goes since I have never used it. So I'm not putting up a count for the relapse until I decide whether I am going to keep any or all of it.

:hug + Prayers to FrLopLady, friends and the bunnies.

I got all my squares for the afghan done :cheer. I :crocheting 34 squares together (5 2/3 rows). 14 more squares to go, then the border. I used 1 ball and rolled a skein down (+3) :clap. I went to Michaels to get more pins and :yarn got in my basket. I decided to take only 1 and put the rest back (-2). Since Christmas is coming, a skein of green is good to have on hand.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 97

Ellie 13

What I want to know...where the heck does Yarn Geek put all the yarn??? :lol:lol:lol

It goes in a big closet under the stairs. I have to admit, though, that it's getting a little... full. ;)

Mary- so sorry to hear about your friends. :hug

Lots of Stashbusting this week!

Way to Bust that Stash!

Braxxi +20 Gold Medal Winner!!!

pineknott +15 Silver Medal Winner!!!

lhasaapsolady +10 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

dragonpuck +6

PBLKNP +4

ddc +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

crabby rat +1

cshort +1

Ellie 13 +1

prettywoman030981 +1

Holding Steady!

greyhoundgrandma 0

saffronangel 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

More Yarn!

Addicted2patterns -5/-10?

yarn_geek -24 Shoot the Moon Winner!

As usual, if I missed anybody or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix it. :)

Archived