2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I will be sooo glad when my grandma gets out of the hospital in Madison...so I can stop going to the JoAnn super center they have there...LOL! :devil Another 14 skeins of yarn followed me home from there today!

Sorry to hear that your grandma is in the hospital. Hope she gets well soon and can come home. That would be nice for her to be home again. And nice for you as the JoAnn super center won't be a temptation anymore.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be dropping out of Stashbusting for a while. It is the big "C" and I need to focus on myself right now. Greyhoundgrandma will be taking over for the rest of the year. Good luck, everyone!

And tnkycrochetnut will be in charge of the 2013 Stashbusting thread. Good luck, and I will miss you all. I'll be back when I can be.

Thank you, greyhoundgrandma and Tnkycrochetnut for your help.

:manyheart

I'm going to be dropping out of Stashbusting for a while. It is the big "C" and I need to focus on myself right now. Greyhoundgrandma will be taking over for the rest of the year. Good luck, everyone!

And tnkycrochetnut will be in charge of the 2013 Stashbusting thread. Good luck, and I will miss you all. I'll be back when I can be.

Thank you, greyhoundgrandma and Tnkycrochetnut for your help.

:manyheart

:hug

Oh Linda! I hope all will be well and you will rejoin us again soon. Take care of yourself! :hug

Linda, I am sorry to hear such sad news. Take care, and please drop in once in a while to let us know how you are doing.

Thanks to those of you who volunteered to take on the work shepherding the thread.

I had four days off and spent most of it winding the rest of my stash. Amazingly, I still haven't worn out the winder. I finished up a lapghan that was almost done for +4, and may wipe out another ball, but probably no more. I brought scraps to work to turn into magic balls while I sit here bored this weekend. I really want to try out the Stained Glass Magic pattern I bought on Ravelry last month.

So I finish up a skein last night..and then buy another one :think Is life :lol

Someone HAD to say on another thread about Michaels having yarn on sale..and THEN I go and find a 20% off total sale coupon and..well... I only got 7..I thought that was incredible! :lol:lol

Soo WTD -15 YTD -266

I haven't been here in 2 weeks :eek. I have trouble getting to the library on week days and it was closed last weekend (Columbus Day). It's open on Sundays now til May :clap. I'll try to get here more often. I'll add last weeks score to this weeks. I bought a 1.5 oz. skein (- 2), used it all (+ 2) and used a ball (+ 1) :cheer. I need more orange and black, so I'm going to Michaels this afternoon. I'll add that to next weeks score.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 94

Ellie 13

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that! Take care of yourself and I pray you are healthy soon!

I had a lot of yarn usage this week!! Dog destroyed a skein (+2), used a skein and rolled 2 skeins down to balls on a Mohawk hat for my brother (+4), used a skein on my and DH's ripple blanket and rolled another skein to a ball (+3), and rolled a skein to a ball on a knit scarf (+1). And since we have been BROKE lately, no buying yarn for me!

for the week ending 10-13-12:

Wtd: +10 / YTD: -22

The rests of the day's crocheting will be starting some scrap granny squares with the tiny bits that have finally overflowed the Bits Bucket. I sorted out all the earth tones and variegated before work and brought the cheerful ones with me. I really dislike doing those fiddly squares, but I'm more likely to see it through trapped at the circulation desk than at home. I don't know if it's cricket, but when I get a skein down to Bits size at the end of a project, I call the skein finished and it goes in the bucket. I don't count those when I use them. They are Un-yarn. So for a while at work, I'll be Un-crocheting. :lol I'm not doing the magic balls. I decided on a different way to do the pattern.

WTD: +5

YTD: -100

I'm basking in the + this week. The 5 skeins from Joann should arrive Tuesday.

Linda, praying that you will soon be well and back with us.

My score actually changed this week. I used a ball and then bought a skein, so my score is wtd -1 ytd -4

I have good news and bad news...the good news is I went to Stitches East! We had lots of fun, and I got to meet Drew Emborsky, the Crochet Dude! Very nice guy. I bought one of his patterns and he signed it.

The bad news? I bought a TON of yarn. As I used up 1 skein this week, but bought 13, my totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -24 YTD -13

:c9

Take care of yourself, Linda. Hope you'll be back with us soon!

I didn't get a lot of crocheting done this week. Came down with bronchitis and I spent most of the week sleeping and watching Dresden Files on the couch. I did get quite a bit done on my cross-stitch project though, so that's a plus! I was going to share a picture with this post but today we spent all day at the PA Ren Faire and so I didn't get any picture taking done. Except at the Faire, of course.

So, I'm still wtd +0, ytd -1! And super tired. :out

I managed to roll a skein into a ball and use up one skein this week! :cheer

For week ending 10/13/2012

WTD +3 / YTD +19

Linda - sending :hug and prayers your way!! :manyheart

Week Ending Oct 13:

Gold Medal Winner: dragonpuck +12

Silver Medal Winnes: prettywoman030981 +10

Bronze Medal Winners: pineknott & Shannart +6

Using up that yarn:

BigPinkPolkaDot +5

ddc +5

yarn_geek +4

crabby_rat +3

tnkycrochetnut +2

Ellie 13 +1

saffronangel +1

Holding steady:

jollyrancher418 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

New yarn to enjoy:

cshort -1

FrLopLady -15

This week's Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -24

Congrats to all the winners. I did this in a hurry, so if I left any one out or messed up any numbers, I'll be checking in on the computer tomorrow night and can fix it.

From Amarilla, TX--headed to Dallas and Nevada, TX tomorrow

Archived