2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I've been asked to make three scarves. I think I'll try out the galaxy stitch on one of them.

I used up one more ball, but won't get anything else countable used up today. So:

WTD: +10 :clap

YTD: -97 :(

It almost seems like cheating to have just chucked that one yarn, but on the other hand, I crocheted so much with it trying to find something I liked it in, I should get to count it twice! :lol And it is definitely, absolutely, and forever out of the stash. RH has sold it for years so it must be popular, but it's on my Bah! Humbug! list.

I'm going to have to buy some extra yarn next week for the hats and scarves. Probably two skeins of ILTY black, and I guess one of Mulberry. My inventory that is fairly current insists I have two large balls of it, which would be enough, but I can't find it anywhere. Sigh.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scarfing this week, but got some neutral colors to have on hand, winter has come to Wyoming and my only local yarn source is 12 miles of nasty road( when it's snowin and blowin) away

so

WTD -3 YTD +81

GOLD MEDAL: ddc +10 :woo

SILVER MEDAL: pineknott +7 :cheer

BRONZE MEDAL: Ellie 13 +3 :clap

Using up yarn: PBLKNP +2 :2rock

Holding Steady with 0

thkycrochetnut

jollyrancher

greyhoundgrandma

BigPinkPolkaDot

Addicted2Patterns

VikingRunnerGirl

cshort

New Yarn! :devil

dragonpuck -3

prettywoman030981 -6

SHOOT THE MOON AND REALLY, REALLY BUYING YARN!

yarngeek -92 :help Quick! Call 911! Dig her out from all that yarn!

October 27, 2012 YTD Scores:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +429

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +96

Bronze Medal Winner: dragonpuck +81

Crocheting away that stash:

CLLinda +36

crabby rat +23

BigPinkPolkaDot +10

Addicted2patterns+3

jollyrancher418 +2

Planning future projects:

VikingRunnerGirl -1

cshort -2

PBLKNP-11

prettywoman030981 -23

tnkycrochetnut -43

greyhoundgrandma -86

ddc -97

Stocking up for a long hard winter:

YTD Shoot the Moon Winner: yarn geek -522

Impressive scores on both ends of the scale!

Sorry..I bought yarn this week..but in no way could have beat yarn geek :D

I don't know how many as the bags are stashed in my truck so when I get home I will get them out and post for next week..I hope..

I am currently in Wichita, KS for the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc convention. We left last Tuesday from WA and was supposed to arrive here on Thursday. God had other plans.

I took I 80 through Wyoming. I had planned on taking I 70..I WANTED to take I70, but kept hearing I 80.... so I took that. About 50 miles outside of Laramie I really really wondered whose voice I listened to to take I80. It was awful. Snowing and blowing. Idiot truck drivers. Now mind you..I am driving a 1 ton pickup..4 wheel SLIDE AND pulling a 14 foot trailer with 150 or so rabbits in tow. It took about 2.5hours to drive that last 50 miles into Laramie. I know that I70 was pretty much clear at this point...so WHAT was God or anyone thinking for me to take I80?? We got a motel for that night. About 5:30 in the morning I received a call telling me some close friends and fellow rabbit breeders had been in a serious accident and one of our friends had been killed in the accident. I had my answer as to why we were on I80. The accident occured on I25 north of Casper, WY. We had to wait for daylight to be anywhere close to safe on the road. We made our way to Cheyenne very slowly and then north to Casper where 2 of the gals in the truck were in the hospital, one being the daughter of the woman that was killed. The other a close family friend and a best friend of my daughter who was with me in our truck. http://www.bighornmountainradio.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3322:one-fatality-in-crash-on-nb-i-25-this-morning&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=58 If we had been on I70 we would not have been close to be able to help

We were given strict instructions by her daughter to FIRST go pick up the rabbits at the animal control. We were met with some great people who did a wonderful job with the rabbits. Kudo's to the Casper Metro Animal Control. There were only 29 rabbits on the truck/trailer and only one didn't survive the crash. Another was humanely put down after we got to Wichita due to a broken jaw. We had to go to the towing yard to retrieve the girls stuff so they would have their clothes. The truck was not a pretty sight to see. We then did go to visit them. They are "children" to me only because they are my daughters peers, but she is 32. They had them in the pediatric ward as it was the only room available they could be in together and were spoiled rotten by the staff there..again my hats off to these caring people!

Even the tow truck company went above and beyond. When we discovered there was a suitcase we should have brought he came at 9pm and picked up my daughter and I and took us 20minutes to his yard, opened up the shop so I could retrieve the said suitcase and then drove us back to the hospital. We stayed there that night and saw them again in the morning before we had to leave.

Miracles..,my truck was almost empty, a first for us going to this convention. They had also been carrying many tubs of shirts/sweatshirts for a rabbit clubs booth to sell. We were able to get all that and their personal stuff in the truck and trailer. My trailer had lots of empty carriers that we could put their rabbits in as many of their carriers were pretty much destroyed. We took I80 and were stopped in Laramie which put us in a position to be able to get the rabbits and give our support to these girls.

Our hearts have been very heavy here in Wichita, but even as Christine and I had had a conversation very recently she had said "life goes on" and I know that is what she would have wanted us to do. One day at a time and with God's help.

RIP Christine Byron. The rabbit world will not be the same without you as well as all of those you worked with and friends and family

I got my Joann's order on the way to work. Stupid (in lieu of less ladylike adjectives) FedEx guy didn't even try to deliver to the apartment, just dumped it in the office, so I haven't opened it yet, but presumably it's all there. So -10 for that. I used up several skeins and balls this week, and gave 1 skein to a coworker, +9. So -1 to date. I should be able to finish another skein tonight after work, but I can't count my skeins until they're hooked!

Wow Mary - what a story!!! :hug Prayers being sent up for all involved...

I managed to roll a skein down to a ball this week, and I'm watching my niece tomorrow so I'm doubtful I'll get too much more used up. Rather than forget to post, I figured I'd just take care of that early for once!! :lol

Week ending 11/3/2012

WTD +1 / YTD +24

:manyheart

Mary, So sorry to hear of the horrible events involving your friend. My heart goes out to you and her family and all the rabbit breeders who lost one of their own.

Linda, you've been on my mind all week. I'm praying as you fight the nasty C and hoping for your full recovery.

To everyone who is suffering as a victim of the hurricane, know that we are praying and sending help when we can.

This week, I did get to have a little hook time, but I was working with pounders, so no great numbers. Having everyone home made me feel secure as we waited out the effects of Hurricane Sandy. Our part of PA was lucky. Some communities were without power for a couple of days. A few creeks flooded and some trees were down, but it was nothing like the poor folks in New York and New Jersey are dealing with. It's going to take months to regroup, and for some, maybe never....

For week ending Nov. 3, 2012:

WTD: +1 / YTD: +11

Archived