2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! It looks like a yarn buying week! I just printed out a 60% off coupon for Joann's. Since I have some to return, I may go on and do that on the way to work and pick up a skein of Pound of Love with it. I don't think that's on sale so I could use it.

ok I finally have my totals from my forage into Hobby Lobby while I was on my trip. The truck is now finally empty!

I bought 17 skeins so I have a -34 for this week

used up one making a hat for a friend and used the left overs to make a slip stitch head band with a flower

+2 wtd -32

I had not one, but TWO 60% off coupons for Joann :D One in the flyer, one by email. So today I picked up two Pound of Love skeins for $4 each. What a deal! Both of them are that beautiful yellow Honey Bee :clap I'm not a huge fan of yellow, but I love that one.

So right now I'm at -3 for the week, but will probably use up a skein tonight after work and maybe get one as far as the rolling down stage.

Hi everyone.

I hope everyone is stashbusting or stashbuilding as they choose. I have kind of just fallen off keeping track of anything since my surgery. My second surgery was Wednesday and hopefully, they have gotten all the cancer in the second lumpectomy.

It's a long road ahead for me. Chemo, radiation and then monthly injections. I hope to rejoin the Stashbusting thread sometime next year. Good luck to everyone. I really miss this thread, but I just can't do much more than say "hi" once in awhile.

Best wishes,

Linda:manyheart

Jennifer--love your steering wheel cover--so cute!

Linda--good luck with all your treatments. Hang in there and know that prayers are continuing for your complete recovery.

I hope to finish off another skein before the day is done.

Linda, it's good to hear from you. At least the surgeries are behind you. Now on to the next thing. Eventually it will all be over. I speak from experience.

Well, I finished the bit of skein I had left, and then had to frog back almost to where I started yesterday. Some days it just doesn't pay to crochet at all. So, I unfinished the skein. I won't get anything else done today.

WTD: -3

YTD: -98

Linda, Hey Lady!, good to read your post! Hang in there, Sweetie. Know that we're all praying and thinking about you.

My daughter's phone died and we went to WalMart to try to replace it. Of course, I had to drop by the yarn section. I ended up with five skeins of RHSS.

I worked a Pound of Love into a ball and got a point for that -- my only one this week!

For week ending Nov. 10, 2012:

WTD: -9 / YTD: +2

It's good to hear from you Linda. I'll keep you in my prayers as you go through chemo and radiation treatments. Going thru them is an ordeal as I went thru them last year.

Tammy, its good to know I'm not the only one who when they are in Walmart must, absolutely must go visit the yarn. And its very very hard not to buy just a few skeins. Especially when they just jump off the shelves and into my cart all the while they are telling me "Take me home with you."

Now for my score for the week ending November 10, 2012:

WTD: +0 YTD: -43

Didn't finish any skeins this week. I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year and have put crocheting on the back burner for a month. Unfortunately, I haven't stopped buying yarn, though... :devil

WTD: -8

I have to work tomorrow, so I won't be able to post scores until mid-afternoonish.

used up most of as skein and rolled up a ball +1 wtd -31

Used up another ball last night wtd -29

Hi everyone.

I hope everyone is stashbusting or stashbuilding as they choose. I have kind of just fallen off keeping track of anything since my surgery. My second surgery was Wednesday and hopefully, they have gotten all the cancer in the second lumpectomy.

It's a long road ahead for me. Chemo, radiation and then monthly injections. I hope to rejoin the Stashbusting thread sometime next year. Good luck to everyone. I really miss this thread, but I just can't do much more than say "hi" once in awhile.

Best wishes,

Linda:manyheart

Hugs and continued prayers Linda. Glad you could stop in.

Archived