2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, one of my orders was delivered yesterday and my baby bunting kit had five skeins of yarn. I didn't get any skeins busted this week either. At least my Herrschners order with my two afghan kits hasn't arrived:goodorbad. I'll deal with those next week!

So, for week ending Jan. 9, 2010:

WTD: -10 / YTD: -10

Im still not sure Im doing this right, but here goes! LOL

I made a stitch sampler ghan this week, 1 skein gone, the rest down to tiny balls.

So thats +2 for 1 skein totally used and +9 for the rest down to tiny balls.

I did not get or buy any yarn this week or last week when I forgot to post completely but it was 0 anyway.

So that makes me for the week ending Jan 9 : WTD: +11 / YTD: +11

I hope! ROFL

wtd : +2 YTD +2 will be last positive score for awhile--got injured--may need surgery....cant crochet at all.. might have to shop for all things crochet for now

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hugMend well and quickly!

Im still not sure Im doing this right, but here goes! LOL

I made a stitch sampler ghan this week, 1 skein gone, the rest down to tiny balls.

So thats +2 for 1 skein totally used and +9 for the rest down to tiny balls.

I did not get or buy any yarn this week or last week when I forgot to post completely but it was 0 anyway.

So that makes me : WTD: +11 / YTD: +11

I hope! ROFL

Looks good to me!!! Awesome score, too!

Yup, 2 points for a full skein, 1 point for anything not a full skein, regardless of size.

As for me, I used up some 3-oz skeins, some partial skeins, and gave 3 away to my mother, for a grand total (and second week in a row of a positive score):

score for week ending 1/9/10: +9

One of my most productive weeks, even compared with the other 2 years I stashbusted. Yea! Patty

Looks like I won't finish my skein-in-progress tonight, so I'm +2 for the week. I'll be tallying the points sometime in the wee hours tonight... er, tomorrow morning. :yes

I am +3 wtd having used up a few balls of yarn in my stash this week.

WTD +3 YTD +3 (1/9/10)

ps- does it count when you give away yarn?

Yes. It does count when you give away yarn, or throw it away, or have it stolen, for that matter.

62?! You got 62 skeins this week? I want to come live at your house! LOL

Since each skein is worth -2 points, she "only" received 31 skeins, poor, deprived thing. :rofl. I still would like to visit and play with the nice, new, soft yarn!!!

I'm at -WTD -2 YTD -2 . I bought two Red Heart, Heart and Soul balls to make fingerless gloves. I think I would have finished at least one if I hadn't had to undo:( what I had started. I have such a hard time seeing that small thread - and I made the mistake of buying one with lots of black in it. I did get one of those hooks with a light in it and it helps. Hmmmm... I am at +2 for the book challenge - does that make me even? Hopefully I'll do better this coming week, but I keep looking at those after Christmas catalog specials!

Whew - It's been a busy week of crocheting! Lots of time in the car and had to stay home a few days with a sick baby who slept all day (and is much better now!)...

Completed this week:

22 rows on my 2sub

2 baby ripples

19 total grannies

baby sack

WTD +35/ YTD +35

post-33588-13589749432_thumb.jpg

post-33588-135897494327_thumb.jpg

Archived