2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whew - It's been a busy week of crocheting! Lots of time in the car and had to stay home a few days with a sick baby who slept all day (and is much better now!)...

Completed this week:

22 rows on my 2sub

2 baby ripples

19 total grannies

baby sack

Wow, pretty things...! You have really beemn buisy crocheting.. :clap Good job!

My scores:

+4 WTD

+6 YTD

I would LOVE to join - now that I have my computer FINALLY back up and running (for now, at least!) :-) So I start with 0, right?

That's right! You don't have to count all your yarn to start -- wouldn't that be a headache!!! Welcome to our happy group!

That's right! You don't have to count all your yarn to start -- wouldn't that be a headache!!! Welcome to our happy group!

Headache??? Some of us couldn't count that high! :laughroll:rofl:laughroll

(My yarn IS my retirement fund.)

Hi Erin,

If i worked in one of those craft stores, I'd have to bring all the sad, lonely, marked-down yarn home with me, and I'd need a bigger house!!!

Welcome to our group!

I have given many a skein of clearance yarn a new home (yea, employee discount!).

WTD -4; YTD -4

quietheart +11 GOLD MEDAL WINNER!

dragonpuck +10 SILVER MEDAL WINNER!

DesertCrocheter +9 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER!

LegalWoman17 +8

Needle Arts +6

aphelia +4

jura2908 +3

Maritalblisshaha +3

Tia +3

Marzee +2

MouseCLP +2

patterncollector +2

txteach2b +2

crocheting4mygirls +1

walker1021 +1

appy lover 0

CLLinda 0

fc1123 0

hseger 0

Shellie wnj 0

TrishT 0

gshall -2

basjordan -4

yarngeek -4

pineknott -5

Braxxi -7

jessicagil -8

my2bois -8

BigPinkPolkaDot -10

dilyca2006 -62 SHOOT THE MOON WINNER!! :yarn:yarn:yarn (But you have some yummy yarn there!):yarn:yarn:yarn

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Time to set your WTD scores back to zero and see you again next week.

Iam up for this again, hope to use up a huge part of my stash before buying any more, as have no more room for any more:lol

Already got my stash busting projects on the go, making cats blankets, the 1st is a rr using creams and browns, almost finished, but only used up 1 small ball, should get it finsihed today so will post final score later.

:eek Oh man, don't tell me I missed posting again this week. I thought it was Sun at 8am :think. Just in case

WTD +5 YTD +5

Participants are supposed to post their scores by Midnight on Saturday. That gives the scorekeeper a chance to post them by Sunday at 8 a.m. The final posting time will vary, since our scorekeeper is our shoot the moon winner! I changed the first post to make this more clear. thanks for pointing out the confusion to me. :hug

Participants are supposed to post their scores by Midnight on Saturday. That gives the scorekeeper a chance to post them by Sunday at 8 a.m. The final posting time will vary, since our scorekeeper is our shoot the moon winner! I changed the first post to make this more clear. thanks for pointing out the confusion to me. :hug

Oh ok I've got it now. Thanks for editing the first post. Because I had gone back and read it like " :thinkbut it says sun." Last week I woke up late and today I was all like yes I made it. haha

ooops...I forgot to post again !!! Wow,,,trying to get back into the groove again. I'll change my siggy to show +1 - not much - but I'm starting a ripple for myself today and I already have all the yarn for it YAY!!! :clap

Also finished a baby scarf -- but I think thats another CAL:lol:lol

WTD +1 YTD +1

Ok im a little confused, the first message in this thread has the rules and says

For every SKEIN of yarn you use up completely, you get 2 points.

For every SKEIN of yarn you turn into a small ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

And now I see someone saying if you use even a tiny bit out of a skein you get 1.

Can someone clarify for me?

My interpretation has always been that if I use up even one part of a large 1 pounder and want to count it, it's just one point and I can only get one point for the remainder, even if it takes me 50 projects and a year to use the remainder up. Sometimes I want that 1 point that week! :) Regardless of if you decide you can only get 1 point after you officially allow yourself to reach the half way mark, or if you just say, 2 points for this pounder regardless of how many projects and time it takes me, it's simple:

2 points if you use up a whole skein all at once

1 point if you use up part of a whole skein

1 point if you use up a less than whole skein, whether that's a ball of 400 yards leftover from a pounder or 2 meters leftover from a pounder

And no, you cannot keep getting 1 more point every time you use up part of a small, less than complete ball. 1 point only! It doesn't matter, like I said, if you arbitrarily decide that you have to meet the middle mark or not before you count that 1 point.

Some women don't give themselves 1 point for skeins they use part of. They just wait until they've used up the entire skein and give themselves 2 points, regardless of how much time and how many projects it takes to reach that.

It's really that simple. Use whichever works best/is easiest for you.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, basjordan! Hope this wasn't confusing.

ETA: Correct my spelling!

Ok im a little confused, the first message in this thread has the rules and says

For every SKEIN of yarn you use up completely, you get 2 points.

For every SKEIN of yarn you turn into a small ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

And now I see someone saying if you use even a tiny bit out of a skein you get 1.

Can someone clarify for me?

I would need to see the actual post about using a tiny bit, but perhaps the user had a tiny bit LEFT in the skein that needed to be used, so the last point could be given. If I used most of a skein, and rolled it into a tiny ball, I could get one point for that, but I couldn't get the second point until I used the tiny bit that was remaining. Does that help?

I'm sorry if I posted the totals too early, but I'm a night creature, and I didn't want to keep everyone on pins and needles (maybe that should be 'hooks and needles') until I got up and around this morn... er, afternoon. :yawn:sleep

As for the points, here's my (personal) guideline. If I'm still working on the project, I won't count the half-skein used as 1 point. I'll only count it if I cut the yarn and put the rest back in my stash. Otherwise, I'd get confused.:think Then, no matter how many times I pull out that left-over ball and do small projects, it won't count as my second point until the last few inches are in the scrap pile.

The good thing about this is, each of us can do it however works for us, as long as the whole skein doesn't earn you more than 2 points.

Archived