2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Still working on the giant rectangular granny for charity. Approaching 4ft wide. Not even close to 6ft long. I'll have to add rows instead of rounds then.

Any way it ate 1 ball of ye basic green yarn. That and 2 yo yos used it up. +1

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +3

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +3

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up a ball last night on a scrap afghan I am doing for my DH. So that brings me to plus three. I know I will be in the negative by Saturday because I have to go and purchase yarn for two baby afghans and a thread tablecloth I am starting for my MIL

well bought a skein of yarn used up a skein of yarn so let's see I bought -2 but I used up a skein of yarn so my total would be 0. Yikes I did math again just had math class today.

Posting now as my puter at home is still not working :( so I have to do it at work. Sending the puter in for repairs.:angry Hope to have it back within a week. Sure hope they are right as I started school last night - a computer class of all things. Anywhoo.....

WTD +4

Keep those hooks a flying and that yarn destashing :hook

I was naughty and bought yarn yesterday. It does all have a purpose though. One skein for a steering wheel cover and three for a baby blanket. So they should all be used up by the end of the year. :yes

that makes a score of -5wk -5ytdfor the week. I dont think I will use enough of anything to change that before the end of satuarday.

Two more skeins are finished on my son's RR! I have to say that my husband LOVES me using up my stash yarn...it had literally taken over an entire closet and was still growing! I will probably come close to crocheting all year on this CAL before I really get to the end of my stash.

On another note - most of the crocheting I do is for charity. Since there isn't a group already in the Cypress, TX area, I want to start one with my Church. Before I go and open my big mouth, has anyone ever started a crochet group? I have a full time job and a three year old son, so I don't want to commit to something I can't do. I'm really organized, though, and I'm sure there are others in my church that crochet/knit/sew that could help me. Just some feedback, please, from anyone who has started or help lead a crochet group. Thanks!

I'm putting in my totals now, as I always forget over the weekend...

Sadly, I got my shipment from The Dizzy Sheep, so my new totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -18 YTD -18

The Shame... :blush:blush:blush

I'm putting in my totals now, as I always forget over the weekend...

Sadly, I got my shipment from The Dizzy Sheep, so my new totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -18 YTD -18

The Shame... :blush:blush:blush

You still haven't caught me! Maybe you should go buy more yarn!!!:devil

Hi, I need to join this CAL since my New Years Resolution is to narrow down my stash!

So far I've had friends give me 6 1/2 skeins, and only used up a balls worth. Hopefully I make some inroads today, so I'll post my update tomorrow.

I'm working on a lace-weight mohair blend shawl for myself, so it will be slow going, but I also do charity hats, so those go fast at least!

I felt so bad today, when I bought two skeins.... But when I got here and read about you guys I felt better! :think:manyheart:clap Thanks! ;)

The yarn I bought is for a hat for my friend... And since I used up a skein yesterday, I'm only at a -2. :)

Hi, I need to join this CAL since my New Years Resolution is to narrow down my stash!

So far I've had friends give me 6 1/2 skeins, and only used up a balls worth. Hopefully I make some inroads today, so I'll post my update tomorrow.

I'm working on a lace-weight mohair blend shawl for myself, so it will be slow going, but I also do charity hats, so those go fast at least!

Welcome to our group!!! I added your name to the participant list. I hope you enjoy stashbusting. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have the best group of crocheters here! Someone will jump in to help.

You still haven't caught me! Maybe you should go buy more yarn!!!:devil

Oh no, the Shoot the Moon winner is in sight. PBLKNP has rounded the corner with a -18. Basjordan has passed her with a -20. BigPinkPolkaDot made her move with the receipt of a Herrschners order. Pow a -24! Oh wait, a skein used, but then Wham, a skein gained at a crochet group meeting. Yes, another skein busted -- that's two, so far, for the week! BUT,she's still in the lead with a -22.

Can these leaders crochet their way out of this race? Stay tuned.:jumpyay

In catching up with yesterday and today's posts, I'm wondering if it might be better if we only post our final scores for the week in large and colored text. Someone trying to write up the scores and not paying attention to the date a post was made, and only going by large, colored text, might inadvertantly make a mistake. Daily postings of scores in large type make it seem as if that's your final score for the week.

It's totally fun to see how people progress during the week, but I know when I had to tally the scores at the end of 2009, I started listing people twice, because I was using that visual cue as my guide. When I realized I had the same person down on my list several times, I had to start over again, and check each post for the day it was posted. That added to the time it took to tally the scores. So for this week, walker and goofy's scores might get missed because they're posting on Friday, but lots of us won't post until tomorrow or even Sunday morning, and the tallier might miss their scores by not going back far enough because all the highlighted posts she hits before that are just "Oh I used up another skein today, hooray +2" posts.

That's why I always post mine with the following words:

score for week ending 00/00/00:

I don't want to stop people from posting mid-week excesses or yarn-buying extravaganzas or amazing busting episodes, but we've several new stashbusters who've joined up this year, and it might keep things neater and easier to identify weekly scores.

Patty

Okay, I already have something I could use a little help with. Can someone pm me with the codes I can type in to make my text stand out while posting my totals? Like bold, color, size etc.? I'm blind, and the buttons when I'm typing messages to edit these things can get a bit confusing! I want to keep scorekeeping easy!

Hah! I've been crocheting like a mad woman, and now I'm at 0 again! :D Used one skein on the hat I'm working on. I'm not sure if the mistake I made (argh,and I hate to frog!) is going to show, but I'll deal with that tomorrow... It's the middle of the night here now, I'm so tired, I can't even see clear.. :P

Okay, I already have something I could use a little help with. Can someone pm me with the codes I can type in to make my text stand out while posting my totals? Like bold, color, size etc.? I'm blind, and the buttons when I'm typing messages to edit these things can get a bit confusing! I want to keep scorekeeping easy!

I can't tell you which keys to hit. I have to use my mouse to highlight the text, then click on a part of the screen that allows your to change the text, font, and color. Someone who is more computer literate may know the code to make these changes. Until you hear from them, just skip a couple of lines, put your wtd score (and ytd if you like) then skip a few more lines, so the score is seperate from any other text you have.

This applies to anyone who cannot change the font for whatever reason.

Does this make sense?

:hug

I can't tell you which keys to hit. I have to use my mouse to highlight the text, then click on a part of the screen that allows your to change the text, font, and color. Someone who is more computer literate may know the code to make these changes. Until you hear from them, just skip a couple of lines, put your wtd score (and ytd if you like) then skip a few more lines, so the score is seperate from any other text you have.

This applies to anyone who cannot change the font for whatever reason.

Does this make sense?

:hug

Yup, makes perfect sense, and something I can easily do! Thanks!

Archived