2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see with a lot of CALs that there is a list of all the participants in the first post of the thread...maybe it would make it easier to remember to look for all the scores if there was a complete list we could copy and paste into Word or Excel for score keeping? Just a thought, not trying to make any more work for anyone.

Hi everyone! :) Is it too late to join in??

My YTD score would be -23 (used half a skein on a hat) so far unless you count the little 1.5oz balls of cotton as 1 point, then it would be -19 (used three balls of cotton to make a teapot shaped pillow and one for a dishcloth) so my WTD would be +3

I see with a lot of CALs that there is a list of all the participants in the first post of the thread...maybe it would make it easier to remember to look for all the scores if there was a complete list we could copy and paste into Word or Excel for score keeping? Just a thought, not trying to make any more work for anyone.

This is a good idea. I wish I had thought of it when I set up the CAL. I ran out of room in the first post with all the rules and explanations. The next place where I can post a list of participants is post #7. I made a hand-written list so far, but will have to input it when I have a chunk of time. That may take a while.

it's in there. Sorry for any mistakes. It's been a heck of a morning, and it's only 7:56 a.m.

Hi everyone! :) Is it too late to join in??

My YTD score would be -23 (used half a skein on a hat) so far unless you count the little 1.5oz balls of cotton as 1 point, then it would be -19 (used three balls of cotton to make a teapot shaped pillow and one for a dishcloth) so my WTD would be +3

Never too late. You get to start at zero, though, so you don't have to figure your YTD, unless you really want to!

Oh, this could be bad....My son has requested a RR in Caron SS Brights and I only had four skeins in my stash! I have to go to Hobby Lobby today and get the rest I'll need....

Oh, darn! :devil

Finished a skein working on baby afghan, so that puts me +2 for the week, and 0 for the year. What does HOFBD stand for?

Hats Off for Boxing Day (actually is just Hats for Boxing Day) is a CAL dedicated to charitable crochet. It doesn't have to be hats, it can be anything you make to donate. We set a year-long goal, and keep track of how many of whatever item we make, so at the end of the year, we get to see how many items were donated. Is that cool or what?

How do we count the little balls of cotton that are only 1 3/4oz - 2oz??? I just finished another two (half each of 4 different ones so I am counting it as 2 full ones used). Would they only be one point since they are full skeins but small ones?? So far this week I have gone through 5 of them.

How do we count the little balls of cotton that are only 1 3/4oz - 2oz??? I just finished another two (half each of 4 different ones so I am counting it as 2 full ones used). Would they only be one point since they are full skeins but small ones?? So far this week I have gone through 5 of them.

A skein is a skein is 2 points, both coming in, and going out.

Archived