2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Jeannette. You are among friends who understand a yarn addiction!:devil Your 'Ville name "EEE mom" has been added to the participant list in post #7.

Hi, my name is Jeannette.... and I'm a yarnaholic....

Okay, i've been wanting to join in here for a while... im still a little fuzzy as to what i'm supposed to be counting exactly... I read the first few posts, I guess i'll just have to give it a whirl and see if I can get the hang of it.

We are buying a house that is MUCH smaller than the one we're in so I'm really trying to downsize, and lately it just seems like my stash is growing exponentially! I did really well around christmas ( or at least I THOUGHT I did) by "using up" my vanna's choice to make ponchos... then I realized that every time I used up a color and needed more, I went to the store and bought 2 or 4 new skeins (if it was on sale :devil ) to replace the color i'd used up!

So hubby's getting annoyed finally... I think it may be time. I bought 4 skeins of caron simply soft last week so that would be +4 ytd? I haven't killed any balls or skeins that I can remember :think but I did wind 4 balls from my poncho frenzy that were probably 1/3 or 1/4 of the skeins... does that count?

Since our goal is to bust stash, we get positive points when we use, throw away, give away, sell, or bury yarn in the backyard. That means, if we buy, steal, receive, adopt, foster, or grow yarn and it comes into our stash, we earn negative points, because we are doing the opposite of stash busting.

Each skein is worth two points. If you use part of a skein and roll the rest into a ball, you earn one point. When you use the rest of the ball, you earn another point. Several people don't count balls, because it gets confusing. They get -2 when the yarn comes into the house, and +2 when the entire skein is used, even the last little scrap ball.

I hope this helps you understand. Just ask if you have any more questions. :hug

Well, I got in a skein of Lavold Angora that I need to finish a class project... from the middle of last year. I didn't get anything used up though, despite doing quite a bit of crochet (trying to make up for a week of being mostly flat on my back sick). So my scores for this week are WTD -2/YTD -2

I haven't posted in a few weeks, but I also haven't got anything to post. Still at 0 for both WTD and YTD. I haven't done much crochet the last couple of weeks, and I'm working with a bunch of pounders on a project so for each I'm just using a little at a time. But at some point I'll see progress.

Welcome, Jeannette. You are among friends who understand a yarn addiction!:devil Your 'Ville name "EEE mom" has been added to the participant list in post #7.

Okay, so if obtaining yarn is negative, then i'm -8 for the year and if using is positive, then i'm + 6... i think thats right..

thanks, I hope I can keep track :)

+40 lhapsaapsolady - GOLD MEDAL!!!

+16 LegalWoman17 - Tie for SILVER MEDAL!!!

+16 Miss Scarlet - Tie for SILVER MEDAL!!!

+15 Pineknott - Tie for BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+15 dragonpuck - Tie for BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+12 my2bois

+10 autumn nights

+8 quiet heart

+6 dilyca2006

+6 hseger

+6 mouseclp

+4 jessicagil

+4 walker1021

+3 gshall

+3 crocheting4mygirl

+2 130chris

+2 candiwv

+2 CLLinda

+2 DesertCrocheter

+2 Ellie 13

+2 mandii

+2 NeedleArts

+2 simplyme5252

+1 marzee

0 anielle

0 aphelia

0 appy lover

0 fc1123

0 PAndRus

0 renegade

0 Stephanie

0 unicorn37757

-1 Maritalblisshaha

-2 CraftyWitch

-2 raelynn

-3 looblylu

-5 goofy

-5 TNCrochet

-6 yarn geek

-10 Braxxi

-18 PBLKNP

-20 basjordan

-22 BigPinkPolkaDot - SHOOT THE MOON!!!

BigPink, will you be able to post scores next week? Let me know if there are any problems!:hug

I want to thank my daughter for helping me with the posts today. I can no longer focus between the computer screen and a piece of paper, so her eyes saved me a lot of stress!!! Also, if anything is wrong, we'll blame her!!!:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

Busy day yesterday...Fished my son's RR in Caron Brights! Yeah! I'll post pics at the end of the week. My sister has commisioned me to make her a RR for a baby shower...and I only have a week to do it in! Good thing I have a stash!

finished up another skein on the baby snuggie I made. I think I may get through more here soon. I am going to make my sister a snuggie and use up yarn. I told her it may be an ungly snuggie. She said not to worry!!!!

:cheer Congrats to all our winners! :cheer

Thanks, Beth, for posting the scores, and give your daughter a pat on the back. :h5

I used up two :yarn:yarn skeins yesterday, which puts me in the positive YTD for the first time. :yay

was I supposed to do this? If I was I totally forgot.

Hi Everyone. It looks like the scores didn't get posted on Sunday. I'll do it this morning. I have somewhere I need to be in half an hour, so I'll post when I get back.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I am so sorry everyone. I was so looking forward to posting scores and totally forgot. I hope that you will all forgive me for forgetting.:eek

Woo Hoo!!! I get to post scores next week.

Yes, I do have some yummy yarn and I will let you know when I use it and what it decides to be!!!!LOL

dilyca2006 -62 SHOOT THE MOON WINNER!! :yarn:yarn:yarn (But you have some yummy yarn there!):yarn:yarn:yarn

quote]

I want to thank my daughter for helping me with the posts today. I can no longer focus between the computer screen and a piece of paper, so her eyes saved me a lot of stress!!! Also, if anything is wrong, we'll blame her!!!:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

Glad you got some help! Tell her she did a great job but :lurk she missed me....LOL.

I am so sorry everyone. I was so looking forward to posting scores and totally forgot. I hope that you will all forgive me for forgetting.:eek

You're forgiven; mistakes happen to everyone. Maybe we should each send you a skein of yarn, so you'll get another chance at being the STM winner! :rofl:laughroll:rofl

Archived