2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I'm sorry if I posted the totals too early, but I'm a night creature, and I didn't want to keep everyone on pins and needles (maybe that should be 'hooks and needles') until I got up and around this morn... er, afternoon. :yawn:sleep

As for the points, here's my (personal) guideline. If I'm still working on the project, I won't count the half-skein used as 1 point. I'll only count it if I cut the yarn and put the rest back in my stash. Otherwise, I'd get confused.:think Then, no matter how many times I pull out that left-over ball and do small projects, it won't count as my second point until the last few inches are in the scrap pile.

The good thing about this is, each of us can do it however works for us, as long as the whole skein doesn't earn you more than 2 points.

I go along with your rules on the stash points. And I do hope you got to :sleepin a little bit.

You did an awesome job with the score keeping this week!

:manyheart

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo Hoo!!! I get to post scores next week.

Yes, I do have some yummy yarn and I will let you know when I use it and what it decides to be!!!!LOL

dilyca2006 -62 SHOOT THE MOON WINNER!! :yarn:yarn:yarn (But you have some yummy yarn there!):yarn:yarn:yarn

quote]

Okay since I just rearranged by yarn I defintely need to be in this CAL. Since I am just beginning I am going to put my self at zero. Hopefully my stash will go down faster then it goes up.

I didn't get to post yesterday but I was at a 0 anyway for the week. I did crochet some yesterday and am about halfway through a skien. My goal for the week is to atleast finish it up. I'm ignoring the Michaels ad. I don't want to see what is on sale and get tempted to shop when I don't really need it. :)

I posted my scores but you must have over looked me. That's ok cause I was not the shoot the moon winner. I will post bigger next week.

Thanks

:oopsOops! I'm sorry, I even had you on my handwritten list. I guess I had a blonde/senior moment! :blush

I didn't get to post yesterday but I was at a 0 anyway for the week. I did crochet some yesterday and am about halfway through a skien. My goal for the week is to atleast finish it up. I'm ignoring the Michaels ad. I don't want to see what is on sale and get tempted to shop when I don't really need it. :)

Thanks to this CAL, I managed to go into Michaels ~and~ AC Moore today and come out with no new yarn! :clap Everyone pat yourself on the back, you were a good influence on a confirmed yarnaholic today. :yay

Me too. I just had to delete it from my email.

Oh my, I REALLY messed up on the scores!! Not only did I miss miss scarlet at +16 for the silver medal but I also skipped PAndrus at +35 for the gold! My apologies to both of you. :blush

My punishment is I can't buy any more yarn (so I don't ever shoot the moon again). :(

Oh my, I REALLY messed up on the scores!! Not only did I miss miss scarlet at +16 for the silver medal but I also skipped PAndrus at +35 for the gold! My apologies to both of you. :blush

My punishment is I can't buy any more yarn (so I don't ever shoot the moon again). :(

:hug It's alright. We're all human.

Well I am starting off this week on a good note, + 3 so far, off to change the siggie. Ya hoo!!

MouseCLP--thanks for keeping scores. Don't worry about it, it can be corrected & remember this is supposed to be fun!!!

Congrats to our medal winners!!

:hug You tried, and you took it very seriously. Please don't beat yourself up. This is a challenging job, believe me, I know!!! You did great for your first time. I think you should support your local yarn sellers, buy a bunch, and get more practice!!!:devil

No worry. You did a wonderful job. Alot better then I would have done.

Thanks again

Couldn't get another row on my blanket done with what was left of the skein so had to roll the rest into a ball. +1 for me for the week so far!

well I might buy more yarn today since my daughter wanted me to make a laffy taffy scarf from the visually teach yourself to crochet book. I just have to buy more pink not sure if I will need the white yarn yet will have to look through the stash.

Forgot to add that I used a ball of yarn +1 there for me.

Must I relinquish my bronze medal? :( Boo hoo.

I am only teasing you, of course! I don't care as long as I stay in the positives, or at naught. It's those pesky negative numbers that did me in last year.

And I'm already +1 for the week. Yippee! But since I just started reading Anna Karenina for my book group, I'm not sure how much crocheting I'll get done for the next 6 months. 817 pages!!

Patty

I didn't get listed either (I had +6). I bought 2 skeins for my afghan (-4), but I used 2/3 of 1 already. I will finish it and most of the 2nd one before Sat. I also used 3 small balls for heart pins (+3). My WTD so far is minus :eek.

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 11

Ellie 13

How about this: For everyone I overlooked, I'll send you each a skein of yarn. :) Or two. :D Or ten! :lol

Seriously everyone, thank you for your kindness and understanding. :hug IF I ever shoot the moon again, I'll check and double-check and re-check my double-check. :check:check:check

On the upside, I finished a skein late last night. I had to set aside the cocoon jacket (sportweight yarn, hdc's) and pick up an afghan in progress (LB Homespun, big hook, fast pattern) just so I could see some progress. Also, it's cold, and the afghan was warm to work on. :wbrr

Archived