2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

well, today, I have finished up 2 skeins of yarn. One on exchange squares and the other on the baby afghan I am working on. This score will not keep as I am expecting about 18 skeins of yarn tomorrow and then maybe more later on in the week. I have got to stop spending money on yarn for a while.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did it! I did it! Last night, at 8;20 p.m., US Mountain time, I finished my sis and bil's name doily--which I started in January 2009. Yippee!! It was torn completely back in April when I realized I'd made a big mistake, got set aside, and resumed before thanksgiving. They have a long last name, so it's 39 inches long (made longer by my using size 10 thread; any smaller and I couldn't have seen it with my bad eyes). And while there's some thread left on the ball, not much. The hardest +1 point earned ever! Patty

:cheer:hug:clap:yay

I did it! I did it! Last night, at 8;20 p.m., US Mountain time, I finished my sis and bil's name doily--which I started in January 2009. Yippee!! It was torn completely back in April when I realized I'd made a big mistake, got set aside, and resumed before thanksgiving. They have a long last name, so it's 39 inches long (made longer by my using size 10 thread; any smaller and I couldn't have seen it with my bad eyes). And while there's some thread left on the ball, not much. The hardest +1 point earned ever! Patty

:cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:woo:dance:2rock:tup:applause

If you signed up to start on Sunday, you don't need to count any yarn before that, but you don't get credit for any yarn you used before then, either. Just start at zero for wtd (Week to date) and ytd (year to date) and count from there! Good luck, and happy stashbusting!

Woo Hoo!! I'll have to add to my signature, then.......off I go!!

:cheer:clap:jumpyay:woo:fame:rock:flower:dance:2rock

That dratted pounder is still "almost gone". :rolleyes Every night I try and try to get it to disappear, but it just won't. :sigh Maybe tonight I ill be able to add a point to my score.

Hope everyone has a great day!:hook

Alright ladies...I've been busy the last few days - with a lot of that time riding in a car on Sunday! I've finished a round ripple and 14 granny squares! I can officially say I'm in the game with +5 so far this week. I'm hoping to finish up more of my scraps this week with these grannies....

I haven't crocheted since Saturday! :( In my defense I was on the road all day Sunday and I can't crochet in the car. I had to go back to work yesterday then was super tired last night. Hopefully I'll work on it some this week so I can keep my number postive. :)

I have been stitching away...trying to get this something done, but I am still negative for the week. I had to get 2 skeins in a color I didn't have for a birthday present that is a bit overdue. Hopefully 2 skeins will do it.

I've been making the Walking After Midnight Skirt from Amazing Crochet lace. I did make it from stash yarn...not sure it it was what she had in mind when she wrote the pattern, but it is coming out interestingly in Lion Brands Fishermans Wool. I wanted it to wear for work, where my office is cold...now to figure out how to line the thing...It does seem a bit, well, full, but maybe blocking will help.

Well I finished the 2 balls of yarn. which I would have had a +5 but bought a skein of cotton yarn to make one inch squares so -2 so again breaking even going to make another square to give to Joann's for Warm Up America

I finally finished the scarf I started before Christmas ,with pounders of brown camo and black,its came out really good,but didn't finish off those pounders,and then I received a lovely roak of some yarn,which put me at my first minus for this new year. -8

Well. I have not got any more crocheting done, but, I have gotten a couple items done tucking ends. I also received a yarn today. I have updated my siggie. I just need to figure out what I will do with 18 skeins of Herrschners WW wool in deep purple!!!!!!!!LOL

Well. I have not got any more crocheting done, but, I have gotten a couple items done tucking ends. I also received a yarn today. I have updated my siggie. I just need to figure out what I will do with 18 skeins of Herrschners WW wool in deep purple!!!!!!!!LOL

thats my favorite color!!

Ok, finished off that other half of the pounder. +1. Slowly getting out of the negative!

I was thinking that I was doing good, and that I would be stashbusting by making the Walking after Midnight skirt out of some wool I already had. Well I used up a second skein alright, but I am going to need to buy another one to finish it. I am halfway though the last row of the skirt & need to make the waistband still.

Anyone have a ball of lionbrand fisherman's wool in Nature's Brown, dye lot 090701 they want to sell/get out of thier stash. Come to think of it I bought that yarn clear back last summer, I am sure I won't be able to match the dye lot....drat!!! At least this puts me back to zero for now.

I'm off to a better start this week than last. I just finished off a skein of LB Wool-Ease Sportweight (I miss that yarn! :yarn) on the cocoon jacket I'm making.

Also, I might REALLY get to bust my stash -- my Mom suggested I make hats and scarves for a homeless shelter near her, and since I already donate some around my area, I suggested that I send her some of my yarn so she can make some. That way we both win -- she gets free yarn and I get rid of some stash. :yay

I'll try to remember to post pix of whatever I make with it so you can drool!!!!!!!!LOL

thats my favorite color!!

Ok, finished off that other half of the pounder. +1. Slowly getting out of the negative!

dilyca and everyone else -- please post pics! We love to see finished projects! Sometimes, I need reminded that projects actually can be finished... :blush

I used another skein on a hat. WTD +2, YTD +6.

I rolled two skeins into balls for a +2. That helps a little bit. And I will try to stay in the positives this year.

:cheer:yay

Sat. and Sun. we got :snow, so I got to :crocheting a lot. I finished the squares for the afghan I'm making. I've got 3 rows of them :crocheting together. I used 3 skeins (+6) :cheer, but I'll need at least 2 more skeins. I'm going to work on heart pins until I can get the yarn to finish the afghan. I'll post more points by Sat.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 12

Ellie 13

Archived