2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

at the end of the week we post our scores on this thread (in 2010) in big, bold, colorful lettering so that the person keeping track can find them.

Will people being Pm'ing us with their scores to keep track? Or how does that work for US to update their scores? I guess I will learn more as I go along.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person keeping score will backtrack through all the posts for the week, looking for the bold scores posted by each person, and record them, put them in order from highest to lowest, name the top 3 gold, silver, and bronze medalists, and the bottom person "Shoot the Moon!" It's not terribly difficult, but can take some time.

I did very little crochet in 2009, mostly because well, it was a bad year with a lot of other distractions that needed my attention, and also my hands were giving me fits. But I did do a lovely inventory of my stash last year, which I need to update a little bit, and I do want to bust some stash, so I'm going to attempt it again. Maybe I'll have more luck than 2009 (in every respect).

:manyheartI'm so in this year too! Everytime I crochet I think of this group, and sometime the points I gain kind of pushes me into finishing something. That's great! Also, I shot the moon once, and making the list was fun! So I can volunteer to do it. :)

I did so good this year. I didn't have a huge stash, but a lot of those small amounts of yarn, that are so hard to use. It was such a good feeling to actually make something of them. ;)

This year I know I'm going to get a negative ytd pretty soon... DH and I are going to visit California from january 28th till february 20th... we're from Norway, so I have already planned that I'm going to go crazy in different yarn shops over there... :P The yarn here is expensive, and in small cones.. Plus I just love to get to know new brands... :D If anyone have some tips about that yarn I should get, let me know... :clap

Well, it's soon time for dinner here... Happy new years everyone!!:manyheart

I am really hoping to get back in to crocheting. I took a break for the last half of the year, mostly because life got in the way. I got a full time job in August, which combined with a part time I already had left me little free time. I need to make good use of the free time I have again.

I did pick up my hook again this last month and did make a scarf Tuesday. I'm back working on granny squares and I can honestly say while doing them I was thinking about this CAL. :)

Do I get to be the first one posting a 2010 stashbusting score??? I finished a skein early this morning, so I'm starting with a wtd +2 and a ytd +2. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to finish anything real soon, and I have an order for 5 skeins on its way.

Ok,,,I'm in again. Hopefully life won't get too crazy like last year when I bailed out. Of course I was still crocheting (& tried knitting) but couldn't keep track of my stash. I've lots of PIM for the coming year & tons of stash to get thru, so I'm ready to go!!!

Is it going to be like last year, where we need to have our scores in by Sunday morning?

That's the goal, however, since we will have different people keeping score (the Shoot the Moon winners), there may be weeks where the score will be posted later than Sunday Morning. I hope the Shoot the Moon winner will let us know ahead of time when she (or he) expects to post the scores.

I hope this answers your question!:hug

Well I completed a skein of yarn so starting the new year off with a +2 for the week and year though I will have to get a skein of yarn to work on my blanket for myself

I start the year off with a negative score. I took a little advantage of all the stores having a new years sale, and I bought seven skeins of yarn so -14 so far for this short week.

Okay, so a question for y'all... Since I haven't crocheted or posted since July, but did finish up two skiens of yarn yesterday, do I count that on the 2009 or the 2010?

Since you used them yesterday, I would post it to your 2009 score.

Been working on two projects. One is using pounders and the other is using a very fine wool/silk blend. Looks like I won't be posting much of a score this week. Hmmm...maybe I should work on some squares just to get some "points on the board". Happy Crocheting!!

I'm going to give this a try, but I'm notorious for forgetting to update things like this. I finished off one skein today, but bought 6. (SALE is a 4-letter word!) That puts me at -11today.

I'm knitting and using up very little yarn. I'm about 2/3's done on a hat and I noticed that three rows down, I purled where I should have knitted. I'm not going to rip it out, it's only two stitches.

So here's my new score for 2010.

WTD=0 YTD=0

:manyheart

I will try to post a score next week that is in the positives.

Working on making baby afghans out of my stash- I have four to make by spring - but haven't finished a ball yet - so I'm WTD= 0, YTD - 0

Archived