2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm SOOOO wanting to join too!!! I don't have a large stash, but yarn is my weekness!! :hook I find my self buying yarn when I have a little extra cash just lying around. Maybe this will keep my habit in control! LOL! ;) I'm going to adjust my siggy now!!

Ok..so the 14 skeins I bought yesterday don't count as a negative? I would love to do this for 2010. So I guess I would be WTD 0 / YTD 0 when I start on January 1?

When we start on 01/01/10, or start over, for those in the 2009 stashbusting cal, we all have WTD 0 and YTD 0. So enjoy your new yarn!!! I have a huge box of yarn I'm getting for Christmas (shhhhh, don't tell!) that isn't going to count against this score!

When we start on 01/01/10, or start over, for those in the 2009 stashbusting cal, we all have WTD 0 and YTD 0. So enjoy your new yarn!!! I have a huge box of yarn I'm getting for Christmas (shhhhh, don't tell!) that isn't going to count against this score!

Well, that's a relief! I think I'm going to have a huge amount coming in for Christmas, too. I put several Herrschners afghan kits on my wish list. Specifically, I want to do the ladybug one for our little 4-year-old neighbor across the street. I think she'd just love it!

I, too, am new here but think I will jump in with both feet. Don't know how well I'll do - I always have to alternate crochet with some other craft or my shoulders and wrists start to hurt. I have a ton of scraps - including a box with yarn to make a sweater for myself that was supposed to be done last spring. It will be my first attempt at a fitted garment (well, okay, YEARS ago I made my husband a sweater, but that was a disaster). If you end up having to score keep - how do you do that. I mean, do you just come here to scroll through each post? Don't mean to sound stupid, just figure I will have the highest negative score at some point!

Alright ladies - I'm new here, also, and am desperately in need of this CAL! I hadn't realized just how much yarn I'd been stashing since we moved into our new house three years ago....and then I did the worst thing and started cleaning out that closet while my husband was home! Time to clean it out!

How to keep score:

I always work backwards, from the most recent post back to the last scorekeeping post. That way, if I have someone's name on my list, I have the most recent score listed. Order the scores from highest to lowest, and just type them in.

We award the following "prizes."

Gold medal - highest positive score

Silver medal - second highest

Bronze medal - third highest. We will award multiple titles for ties, for instance, you can get two or three people with the same medal.

Shoot the Moon is the lowest score.

Go through the 2009 stashbusting CAL if you want to see some samples of scorekeeping. I will do the first one on this CAL to get us started.

And if you have any questions or problems, just ask. We have the NICEST people on this CAL!!!:manyheart

:waving Beth. :hugI joined this one time and just couldn't keep up with my scores, much less everyone else's:lol. Makes me :scared:sweat if I had to post everyone's scores for the month. I am still :think about joining, as I am sure I would be the shoot the mooner more often than not, with my yarn buying habit :rofl. I will let you know closer to the first of the year.

I'll join again for 2010. It was really interesting to play in 2009! :lol I'm not sure if I ever got the Shoot The Moon prize, but the year isn't over yet either! :blush

:waving Beth. :hugI joined this one time and just couldn't keep up with my scores, much less everyone else's:lol. Makes me :scared:sweat if I had to post everyone's scores for the month. I am still :think about joining, as I am sure I would be the shoot the mooner more often than not, with my yarn buying habit :rofl. I will let you know closer to the first of the year.

Just to repeat this: we do not want to punish anyone. If you cannnot do the scorekeeping, just let me know as soon as possible. I'm hoping I will get some kind-hearted volunteers, like Jain from l2009, to step in when needed. With enough notice, we can keep this running smoothly! :hug

All righty, guess this ole lady can do this lol....good thing I don't have to count what I have already because I would be past the moon lol..and hubby doesn't know about the bag I put in the closet ROFL

This CAL hasn't started yet, but I am already doomed. :thumbdown Found this pattern and fell in love.:heart It takes 72 balls to make.:faint Time to start saving up the funds to purchase said 72 balls. Luckily, hubby loves it as much as I do. He is willing to help me buy this thread since in the end the bedspread will help to keep him warm in the cool months. Sometimes I just have to love this man. :manyheart

This CAL hasn't started yet, but I am already doomed. :thumbdown Found this pattern and fell in love.:heart It takes 72 balls to make.:faint Time to start saving up the funds to purchase said 72 balls. Luckily, hubby loves it as much as I do. He is willing to help me buy this thread since in the end the bedspread will help to keep him warm in the cool months. Sometimes I just have to love this man. :manyheart

That is just lovely, and worth a shoot the moon award. Think of all the positive points you'll earn using up that thread, and the amazing product you'll have when you are done. Besides, if you time it just right, I may surpass you with a yarn purchase! I can be very very bad!:devil

That is a beautiful spread! :yes I don't think it's thread though, I think it's yarn. :idea Maybe you could substitute a different cotton yarn that you could get in larger amounts...maybe cheaper. :yarn

Archived