2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess I have to redeem myself for nearly being the 2009 STM YTD winner, and will have to play again this year. I can't remember what my 2007 score was and didn't play in 2008, but I think I'm going to wipe 2009 out completely. :P But I used up some small 3-oz skeins this week on a baby blanket--a good way to start the new year.

wtd for 2/2/09: +4

Patty

Ha! I did not do a very good job of keeping up with this last year. I think I will try again this year.

I have two projects going at the same time and have not finished up any skeins as of yet. So my score will be zero until next week. :)

Off to add to my siggy.

I could have sworn I signed up for this, but I don't see my name any where :think. The library was closed Dec. 24th - 27th, the 29th (snow day LOL), closed 2PM the 31st and Jan. 1st. So I didn't get to post the last 2 weeks. I won't count what I bought after Christmas (I'll minus it from 2009's final YTD anyway), then I'll just start fresh. I'm entering the Vanna's Choice Contest again this year, so I had to buy some more Vanna's Choice Yarns (used a lot already). I'll post what I used yesterday only. Used 2 skeins, a ball from last year and rolled a skein down (+ 6) :cheer:clap. Starting off +, but I'll need more yarn soon :(.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 6

Ellie 13

I could have sworn I signed up for this, but I don't see my name any where :think. The library was closed Dec. 24th - 27th, the 29th (snow day LOL), closed 2PM the 31st and Jan. 1st. So I didn't get to post the last 2 weeks. I won't count what I bought after Christmas (I'll minus it from 2009's final YTD anyway), then I'll just start fresh. I'm entering the Vanna's Choice Contest again this year, so I had to buy some more Vanna's Choice Yarns (used a lot already). I'll post what I used yesterday only. Used 2 skeins, a ball from last year and rolled a skein down (+ 6) :cheer:clap. Starting off +, but I'll need more yarn soon :(.

Ellie 13

What's the Vanna's Choice contest? What did you enter last year?

Ellie 13

Good luck to you and great job that you are entering the contest you made the bear right if I remember correctly.

Walker1021 - Michaels and the Lion Brand Yarn Co. sponsor it. Try Michaels.com or ask at any Michaels Craft store.

fc1123 - I did enter a teddy bear and outfits last year. I was a finalist I got a Lion Brand Yarn tote bag and a $25 gift card to Michaels.

Ellie 13

Walker1021 - Michaels and the Lion Brand Yarn Co. sponsor it. Try Michaels.com or ask at any Michaels Craft store.

fc1123 - I did enter a teddy bear and outfits last year. I was a finalist I got a Lion Brand Yarn tote bag and a $25 gift card to Michaels.

Ellie 13

I can't wait to hear what you enter this year.

I'll put my score down later since I might buy another skein though yesterday I had to unravel yarn that I had already made into a ball but instead I had to cut some yarn from the one pounder I had used so now instead of one big ball I have 2 little balls of yarn and one big ball of yarn not sure how to total that one I was thinking either +3 or +1 for what I had rolled not sure that's what I didn't total that one in yet.

Oh I can't hardley believe that I have used one whole skein and over a half of another. I'm working on a "warm and fuzzy" blanket for myself!!! Then I have afghans to make for both my boys for their bdays. I am attempting to make my first two graph-ghans...this could be dangerous!! LOL!!!

My scores this week is a 0. I did buy a few yarns on sale at Joann's, but I actually have a use for them. I'm working on a new afghan for myself and I'll be using a lot of yarn for it, so my score should improve in the coming weeks.

I'll put my score down later since I might buy another skein though yesterday I had to unravel yarn that I had already made into a ball but instead I had to cut some yarn from the one pounder I had used so now instead of one big ball I have 2 little balls of yarn and one big ball of yarn not sure how to total that one I was thinking either +3 or +1 for what I had rolled not sure that's what I didn't total that one in yet.

No matter how you score it, I promise I won't send the stashbusting police after you. :rofl My thoughts, for what they are worth, are this: if a skein is only worth -2 coming into your stash, it should only be worth +2 going out, so as long as you balance that into your scorekeeping, I think you are doing well!!!

Here's an example: I bring home a pounder skein (-2). I start rolling it into a ball, but find flaws in it, which I cut, so I end up with 3 balls. Now, instead of having one skein worth 2 points, I have three balls worth 3 points, so I give myself another -1. Then as I use each ball, I give myself a +1, bringing my score back to zero.

You are your own scorekeeper, so you need to count this the way that seems most fair and correct to you. Thanks!

My score is a big nothing this week, as I'm still working through skeins for my various projects, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +0

Hoping to do better next week...:manyheart

Archived