2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the top of the screen in the blue bars, one of the tabs is "User CP." Click on this, and you'll get a screen with a bunch of options down the left. The third block, second choice is "Edit signature." This will change what appears at the bottom of your posts. Most of us put "Stashbusting WTD - ##, YTD - ##" and update this every time we use or buy yarn. WTD is week to date. YTD is year to date.

The shoot the moon winner is the stashbuster who has the largest negative score for the week, in other words, the one who does the worst job of stashbusting that particular week. That person gets to do our scorekeeping for the next week.

I hope this answers your questions! Let us know if you need any more information!

:hug Beth aka basjordan

Participants - edited 05/29/10

1wani

annmcc1976

anu-monty

aphelia

basjordan

BigPinkPolkaDot

Bizzyboppers

Braxxi

CLLinda

Crafty Witch

crocheting4mygirls

crochetmouse

DesertCrocheter

dilyca2006

dragonpuck

Ellie 13

fc1123

gshall

ldyer 1

LegalWoman17

lhapsaapsolady

makinofastar

marzee

Mollyanna

MouseCLP

NeedleArts

PAndrus

PBLKNP

pineknott

quietheart

raelynn

sdeepthinker

SKBBamagrl

walker 1021

yarn geek

Okay, I'm a masochist, so I'm going to give this another whirl...unfortunately, I succumbed to the yarn sirens this week and ordered a boatload of Moda Dea Washable Wool from Herrschners, so my total at the start of 2010 is going to be not as great as I had hoped! :blush At least not unless I manage to knit and crochet VERY FAST by Dec. 31! :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

I'll be back also. My first year I joined late and gave up in frustration when I felt too much pressure. Then decided to laugh at myself and just have fun with projects I might not have otherwise tackled and got a lot more done for charity. I've made good progress this year but still have a large "inherited stash" from my mom that needs to be worked up.

I'm still kinda new here, and I've been reading some of the 2009 Stashbusting CAL posts. I'm thinking I might join the 2010, but I have a pressing question.

I have tons of yarn that is on huge cones. I'm talking about those ~12" high x ~12" diameter cones. How would that figure in to the count? Maybe weigh the finished project and if it's at least 4 oz, count it as a ball, at least 8 oz could count as a full skein?

Or should I just avoid using those cones for another year?!? :lol

Nope don't worry about measuring the yarn you have on the cones. All you have to do is worry about buying more yarn and factor that in. You can still use the cones you have and when you use them up they will count as +2 hopefully I'm explaining this right if not somebody will come along after me to explain it better.

Nope don't worry about measuring the yarn you have on the cones. All you have to do is worry about buying more yarn and factor that in. You can still use the cones you have and when you use them up they will count as +2 hopefully I'm explaining this right if not somebody will come along after me to explain it better.

:whewThank goodness! I guess I overlooked the part that said you don't have to count what's already in your stash. So as long as I don't buy any more of those cones, I should be OK. :D There's no way I'd use one up, even in a year.

Thanks, now I'm gonna really consider joining (although I'm notoriously bad about forgetting to update.)

Archived