2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you sound like me a couple of weeks ago!LOL

My order from Herrschners arrived! Oh happy day! :manyheart More yarn came to my house to play! Between the two kits, I have 12 new skeins! :devil Oh my! I better get serious and crochet! :hook

I'm 49 and I don't have a lot of patience to wait on something that I want.

This SS Brights RR my son wanted - I decided to do it w/2 strands held together (three year olds don't have much patience while waiting for something they really want). I have finished off 2 skeins!

I have been using Bernat baby stretch yarn and it seems to go on and on. I am making my third hat out of the same skein. I sure hope it runs out so I can count it this week.

Have you ever had a skein that just won't run out? This one is only 2.8 oz. but it seems a lot bigger.

:manyheart

Oh happy day!!! I have USED yarn this week...not bought it!! :lol I finished a sweater w/4 skeens of RHSS and a shawl w/2 skeens of baby mirano wool!!! :clap

Here's a pic of them!

[ATTACH]15040[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15041[/ATTACH]

:drool Awesome work! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!!!

I guess I am still having trouble understanding. I thought buying made + and using was - . I will get it straight sometime before the year is out.

:think It took me awhile to wrap my mind around that, too... but since the goal is to "bust" our stashes instead of build them, we gain points for using yarn and lose points for increasing our stashes.

I guess I am still having trouble understanding. I thought buying made + and using was - . I will get it straight sometime before the year is out.

+ is Using yarn.. - is buying, inheriting, stealing (kidding) yarn.

Just think of it as "I made something with my yarn, and thats a plus for me and whoever I give it to."

I like those, I really like the sweater!!!!

Oh happy day!!! I have USED yarn this week...not bought it!! :lol I finished a sweater w/4 skeens of RHSS and a shawl w/2 skeens of baby mirano wool!!! :clap

Here's a pic of them!

[ATTACH]15040[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15041[/ATTACH]

I will not buy more yarn

I will not buy more yarn

I will not buy more yarn...:devil

reminds me of another saying...

I am not a tank

I am not a tank

I am not a tank...

um oh woops that's the other addiction

Another one bites the dust! :clap:yay:cheer I just finished the last skein of LB Homespun on a small afghan for my wonderful landlord and landlady. Now to weave in the ends and deliver it, then it's back to the sportweight cocoon jacket.

Boy, we'd all love it then, stashbusting would be reversed in this system, it would be stashgrowing, and I wouldn't have a negative number half the time! :lol Don't worry, TN, I think you're just thinking about it too much.

Like maritalblishaha said, if you USE yarn, you get a +. If you ACQUIRE yarn, you get a -. We are all trying to make inroads into stashes of varying sizes (ahem, don't look at me just because I have Mount Yarn in my spare bedroom), so we want to have + numbers. We want to use up yarn, not get more (getting more results in the - number). The bigger your + number, the more yarn you've used up and the smaller your stash has become. The bigger your - number, the bigger your stash has become.

Well, eventually we'll have to get more yarn to take the place of the yarn we've used up, right? But we're here to bust! (I should have another +1 tonight, but I don't want to jinx myself and add it till it's used up and the wrapper thrown in the recycling bin).

Archived