2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I made this very cute stashbuster thing the other week! Was planning on telling you guys about it, but didn't get around to photograf it untill today.

Here's the link if you would like to give it a try. It didn't take a lot of yarn. :)

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b16&d_id=11〈=no

post-22182-135897498025_thumb.jpg

post-22182-135897498028_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nada! Nothing busted. The charity blanket has been whining about my neglect from the end of the couch. Sometimes I just don't feel like it if I'm not doing it, but if I make myself start, it can be hard to put down. I'm in the charity blast today until next Tuesday, so maybe I'll have something to report next week. Alas, I have a 50% off coupon for JoAnn, so I may just have to go stock up on another Caron black One Pound skein.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +3

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

January Charity Blast – 01/21-01/26

Nothing to report this week. Not much time for crochet. Been sick, started school, working and had my granddaughter for a couple days. So a big fat 0 or me. Hope you all did equal to or better than this score. Happy crocheting!

Putting in my totals now, as I always forget over the weekend...

Sadly, I'm in a holding pattern. I've been working feverishly on my WIPs, but haven't gone through a skein for any of them!

The good news is that I didn't buy any more skeins!

So, my totals for the week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0 YTD -18

Hi there, fellow stashbusters,

I get to keep score this weekend, so just a reminder if you didn't see my other post --

You have until Sunday, Jan. 24, at Noon (United States, Eastern Standard Time) to report, if you need a little extra time to bust those skeins and wind those balls. :crocheting

When you're reporting your final weekly score, please post in bold and big print, or separate from the rest of your news. This is my first time keeping score, so hopefully, I'll be able to keep track of y'all!

Thanks!:ghug

I found out recently that my husband's step-mom has breast cancer. So I decided I am going to make a care package for her. I started knitting a washcloth with some pink cotton I had, and then I picked up another skien of ILTC in a mulitcolor to make something else for her. I plan on putting some hard candy, hand lotion and other things in a basket for her recovery.

So my score is -2 so far this week. But's it is ok. It's for a good reason.

:manyheart

Linda, I'm sure your thoughtfulness will be appreciated. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Thank you for all the kind words. They are really needed at this time.

I did pick up more yarn to make a little sachet in the shape of a heart, and also was gifted three skiens this week.

So my score is at a -10 this week. But I am almost finishing up the washcloth, so I may be in the single digits by tomorrow. But my son stayed home from school, sick with the same bug I had last week.

I sure hope someone bought more yarn than me this week.:)

:manyheart

As of today, I get to add 12 more to each score -- I finished off a skein on a scarf last night for 2 of those points. Now the story behind the other 10 points.

My Mom called early in the week and asked if I had enough off-white yarn for her to attempt to duplicate a fisherman-style afghan she had made when I was a kid. (She lost everything in a fire a couple of years ago.) Not only did I send her five Caron one-pound skeins, but I found that I had posession of the pattern she had used. I put it in the top of the box; I think she'll be pleasantly surprised!

well didn't bust too much of the stash today just so much school work I keep trying to make time to crochet but wow school work has me busy especially psychology since that is online so is english but the english teacher has the stuff up there so I can work ahead a little my psychology teacher doesn't so I am trying so hard not to fall behind. Music class I'm doing pretty good in that and math can be a tough one but I have a good teacher so I am ok there.

I'm not getting any skeins busted this week. Was in the hospital for a little bit and didnt have anything with me.

WTD:0

I hope you are doing OK. :hug Too bad you didn't have anything with you. crocheting always makes me feel better.

I hope you are doing OK. :hug Too bad you didn't have anything with you. crocheting always makes me feel better.

I'm doing a lot better. The next time I go into the hospital, it's going to be when my son is born, I hate being there for sickness.

I am not sure I will get anything else done today. I have completed 2 baby afghans, a pair of house slippers and started a rectangle granny square afghan.

2010 stashbusting cal.. WTD +3----- YTD +23

What pattern are you using, theyre so pretty!

I am not sure I will get anything else done today. I have completed 2 baby afghans, a pair of house slippers and started a rectangle granny square afghan.

Love your baby 'ghans raelynn. Nice work:yes:yes

Archived