Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

Do you always make things for everone else? That's GREAT! Now, it's time to reward yourself with a project for you. :D There is NO starch, I really do promise. :D Just yarn hook and a button. But if you don't have a button, that's ok, it can be made with or with out it. ;) Probably going to start this Tuesday morning. April 28, 2009. Will start in this thread instead of making a new thread. ;) Probably finish by Saturday. Give or take a day or so. I'm finishing up the pattern now and will decide on how many rows/rounds a day to post.

Materials ~

WW yarn. Since it's for you, do what ever color you like best, if you have a secret favorite color you never use, nows the time to break it out. Plain old red heart works best b/c it is stiff and sturdy. Any ww yarn will do, acrylic/cotton doesn't matter, about a skein.

G or H hook, gauge isn't important

1" or bigger button. Plain or with a shank, both ok.

See you Tuesday! :hook

Day 1

Mystery CAL

WW yarn. Red Heart is best b/c it is stiff and sturdy

G or H hook

1" button

R1 Ch50, 6dc in the 4th ch from the hook. (the first skipped 3 chs count as the first dc) dc in the next 45 chs, 7dc in the last ch, along the opposite side of the chain, dc in the remaining 45 chs. Join with a slst to the first dc. (104dc) (I can post a photo if you need it ;)

R2 Ch3, dc in same st, 2dc in the next 6 sts, dc in the next 45 chs, 2dc in the next 7 sts, dc in the remaining 45 sts. Join with a slst to the first dc. (118dc)

R3 Ch3, dc in the same sp, dc in the next st, *2dc in the next st, dc in the next st. * 6 times, (so far you have 21dc) dc in the next 45 dc, *2dc in the next st, dc in the next st* 7 times, dc in the last 45 dc. Join with a slst to the first dc. (132dc)

R4 Ch3, In Back Loops Only, dc in each st around. Join with a slst to the first dc. (132dc)

Front Post st tut click here

If you don't want to do the fpdc, you can do a hdc, follow the instructions, same for both sts. Do not do both fpdc and hdc, do 1 or the other. :D Make sure your hdc is about 1/2" tall, about a centimeter.

Day 2

R5 Ch2, (does not count as a st now and through out, just brings you up to stitch level) Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each st around. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc) (132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

R6-R9 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

Day 3 **NO more fpdc after today!!! YAY!**

R10-R14 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm will have to search through and find the color I want, this is just too interesting to resist

I'm in. This will help my Stash Busting CAL score. If I can't find a full skein, is it O.K. to use balls of different colors :think? I've got a lot of balls/partial skeins to use up.

Ellie 13

Sure! You'd have a really neat striped effect. :hook

:yayAfter the fun I had with the last one ... I am definitely playing in this one!!!

I just hope this headache lets up enough that I can actually see the instructions. I'm knocked down in bed today..... decided a few minutes ago to grab my laptop and peek in here and check email. I need a magnifying glass to read............... sheeeesh

Okay.... need to dive into my stash and find some fun yarn!

thanks for doing this............... :hook

:heart

:mug

i'm in it'll be my first!

Yay! :yay It will be fun!

Just a note to everyone... I used almost a whole skein of Red Heart. ww. So the wt. measures 7oz/ 198g/ 364yds/ or 333m. So however you measure your yarn, it will be slightly less than one of these measurements. (Incase you live abroad or are using a different yarn than RH SS. ) ;)

If you don't have a whole skein to use, pick 2 colors, and I will let you know when to color change. But your Main color needs to be the most, so lots of the main color. ;)

Oh, and it looks like Friday will be the last day. So 4 days, that's good. :hook

Archived