Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will go thru and answer any questions in a minute. :)

I am so upset, I could cry. I'm not joking. I had some photos to upload, some "step by step" for the mystery cal, some from today I took, and some of my baby, and while uploading, my kodak easy share program stopped responding. It made an album, but deleted my photos from the camera and there are no photos in the album. :eek I know they are just photos, and it's not really a big deal, I can just work up another one and post those photos, but I really just feel :cry . Ok, I'm over it now, :P I'll just go :faint and be ok. Guess I better :hook

Hey! I'm still fairly new to crochet and I'm still having a little bit of trouble on increase/decrease/rounds stuff:think, but I decided to go ahead and try this anyway! I think i'm doing alright. This is my R1, is this looking right to you gals?

DSCI2602-1.jpg?t=1240947218

Yes, That's exactly right. :D No decreases either, just adding a few sts at each end to make the ends bigger as they go around. ;) Great job! :yay

Just saw this thread today!! Talk about timing. :clap I will have to wait until I get home to find the yarn. The ladies in my craft group loved the other mystery cal and were just asking me if there was another one.... well I will give them the answer tonight. :lol I guess the RH collage I have left over from my Guatemalan afghan won't be stiff enough. :angry If you have never used it, it is almost like Yarn Bee - Cameo but not as fuzzy just soft. Would "I Love This Yarn" be stiff enough. Off the top of my head I can't remember if I have a whole skein of RH to use. :( But I can make the sacrifice and go buy some. :rofl:rofl

:woo That's great! I love the "I love this Yarn" brand. It isn't stiff, I don't think, but it is thick enough, so use what you have, um.....:devil...unless you need an excuse to buy yarn! :lol Your Guatemalan afghan is beautiful btw!

Well I think I am over my flu! HA, I did have to work but it was an easy day. I finished my four rows and I agree that the pattern is great and very easy to follow! Mine measures about 18" with H hook. I'm using RH Turqua that I had lying around. Lucky me tomorrow is a work from home day! YIPPEEEEE

Cant wait for the next rows. Thanks so much heart for doing this.

Well I think I am over my flu! HA, I did have to work but it was an easy day. I finished my four rows and I agree that the pattern is great and very easy to follow! Mine measures about 18" with H hook. I'm using RH Turqua that I had lying around. Lucky me tomorrow is a work from home day! YIPPEEEEE

Cant wait for the next rows. Thanks so much heart for doing this.

Fostermom I'm using that same yarn the Turqua I also had mine lying around :lol:rofl great minds think alike

Fostermom I'm using that same yarn the Turqua I also had mine lying around :lol:rofl great minds think alike

It's a very pretty color at least I think it is. Are you using just one color? I don't know what matches it that I have to I think it will be all one color for me.

Oh, Heart! :( I just get so :angry when that happens and I lose things like my pictures. :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

I'm using a light green, not my color but first full skein I came to :lol I have some autumn cotton that I may make one for me out of cause :think that I might know what this is!

:hugSarah, I have issues with my easy share too, I hate when I lose pics

btw my students are now as eager as I am to see what this ends up being he he he, they're so intrigued when I do the club next year I may have to get them in on a mystery CAL

:woo That's great! I love the "I love this Yarn" brand. It isn't stiff, I don't think, but it is thick enough, so use what you have, um.....:devil...unless you need an excuse to buy yarn! :lol Your Guatemalan afghan is beautiful btw!

Well I guess I will... :sigh just have to use the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby I just printed. Thanks Heart I needed the :kick to get to the store. :rofl

I will go thru and answer any questions in a minute. :)

I am so upset, I could cry. I'm not joking. I had some photos to upload, some "step by step" for the mystery cal, some from today I took, and some of my baby, and while uploading, my kodak easy share program stopped responding. It made an album, but deleted my photos from the camera and there are no photos in the album. :eek I know they are just photos, and it's not really a big deal, I can just work up another one and post those photos, but I really just feel :cry . Ok, I'm over it now, :P I'll just go :faint and be ok. Guess I better :hook

I am so sorry you lost all your pixs,

Ok, I know this is late to do, (please-somebody tell me it's never too late!) but I'm joining this CAL. My first one ever, plus I've NEVER made something and not known what it was going to be! I caught up with you all today, and have enjoyed all the posts. PS.. are CALs addicting?

MJ Warner It's never to late to join in! :D and yes, CAL's are addicting. Maby someone can crochet a patch! hahahahaha! :D

Thanks everyone! :heart

Ctawq Yeah! You spend that 40% off coupon! :jumpyay

I figure you all will probably know what it is way before you finish, but it will be a nice suprise in the design element! :D Shhhhhhhh....... :D Remember, this is for YOU, so take your time, enjoy the therapy, :c9 and adopt the Army's motto, make it be all it can be! :D (you'll know why tomorrow :devil )

It's a very pretty color at least I think it is. Are you using just one color? I don't know what matches it that I have to I think it will be all one color for me.

I'm going to have to go find this color online to see what it looks like, (turqua) mabey I'll have to break the piggy bank open and go get some. :D

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/304112.html Oh, that is pretty! A salmon pink/coral color would be a good compliment, or a lime green too. I'm partial to greens, it's 1 of my favorite colors. Navy seems to be my new fav. right now. I'm hoping to make the Pineapple skirt (walking after midnight...I saw it called that on ravelry) in Amazing Crochet Lace book, navy with a khaki or maby a lime underskirt. I can't decide.

Oh, the summer scarf swap sign up ends at 8pm eastern time tonight. Are any of you signed up? I did. I think it will be fun. :D I thought I'd do a set. :hook

:manyheart :(So sorry to hear about your pictures Heart. Maybe this one will cheer you up :lol. I finished today's rounds earlier this afternoon, but had to work on a research paper for school and just now getting around to posting :D. :think I hope this is the way it is supposed to look. Mine is approximately 17" long, using an H hook and Sage Mary yarn. :cheer:clap:yay This is so much fun I can't wait for tomorrows rows :yes:yes. Thanks heart for providing us with so much fun and pleasure :hug:hug.

MysteryCAL42809001.jpg?t=1240963605

Okay.... this is the first one I started this morning...

DCP03084.jpg

I have another one going... but havent taken a pic of it yet.

mine is a bit over 17" using an 'I' hook.

is it tomorrow yet..................

:heart

:mug

Scooby! That yarn is gorgeous!!!!

Lea has joined the turqua club! This color is now on my "Need to buy" yarn list. :devil It's a really pretty color. I'm working up my second one now. So I'll have pics at Key points if anyone needs them tomorrow and so on. :D

Archived