Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3487377150_10e5580cf0.jpg?v=0

3487357476_e1fbc7acb9.jpg?v=0

:clap:clap:clap

I did it! Pics are here! First CAL, first pic upload, my-my...

OK. I guessed that this is not a giant clown slipper. (dead giveaway people- Heart would have made us make two) Also it's not a french bread basket ( Heart said it was a fun item; I mean really, :cheer:cheer Bread? As to what it is? can't wait to find out! PS: That's my cat Cloe in the picture. She never comes around until I spread something out. Then she sits on it. Go figure.

Whoo, I'm so glad that mine looks like that. :cheer I was hoping I've done it right so far.

Well I was late getting started in this cal but I am caught up. I have never done a cal before. Something just made me look at this one. Looks like something I need lollllll

All the pics look so gooood! I'm loving the bright colors. This is going to be good! :clap I've had lots of thankyou's for doing this, you all are very welcome. I have just as much fun as you all do. :manyheart

At first I was pretty wary of the fpdc, and almost started the hdc, but then I decided to give it a shot, and it's so simple and looks really nice! :sun

Yay! :D

3487377150_10e5580cf0.jpg?v=0

3487357476_e1fbc7acb9.jpg?v=0

:clap:clap:clap

I did it! Pics are here! First CAL, first pic upload, my-my...

OK. I guessed that this is not a giant clown slipper. (dead giveaway people- Heart would have made us make two) Also it's not a french bread basket ( Heart said it was a fun item; I mean really, :cheer:cheer Bread? As to what it is? can't wait to find out! PS: That's my cat Cloe in the picture. She never comes around until I spread something out. Then she sits on it. Go figure.

Good job!!! :woo I will say it's not a giant clown slipper, but that's a good guess! :D

I was assuming that the ridges go on the inside too. If not, then I must have done something wrong, because there is a vertical ridge where the beginning chain 2's are in mine.

I am caught up and eagerly waiting for tomorrow's installment.

Martha, the color of your yarn is really pretty.

Yes, the ridges go on the inside, they help with the stability/shaping, :devil and there is a verticle ridge from the ch2's, but it's on the inside, so it's ok. So you are right on the money! :D

i just found this and have been looking for something to make for me out of the RHSS Plum Pudding yarn I got in the Hooked on Crochet SWAp and I think this would be great even thoug I have no idea what it is...lol! I just needed to know it was for me ;) ! Can I join in too? I will have to do it tonight after dh and Blaze go to sleep. I have never done the fpdc either so I will need to figure that out but I love trying new stitches and stuff.

Jump on in! :yay

Hey!! I have a quick question about a little part in the instructions. When it says "Skipping beg. ch.2". Does that mean you skip chaining 2 or does it mean you skip the beginning chain AND THEN chain 2?

Sorry, i'm a newbie!:blush

Thanks, Heart!!!:yay

Yes, you completely skip the chain 2, it is only to bring you up to the heigth of the fpdc, as well as fill in the little gaps/holes we sometimes get in our joining rounds. :D

not heart but I read it as join in the first fpdc NOT the ch 2 (so you skip the ch 2 to join), then you ch2 to start the new round and cont

Right on the money! Thanks for helping out today. I've been busy, I had to watch my son's friend after school, so 3 boys and a baby, Wheeeeew! :faint

Thanks for opening my eyes to the fpdc stich! I love the look of it, and can't wait to make something else with it later on. :D

You're welcome! :manyheart

Oh No! I love doing fpdc's. I even designed a kitchen set with front & back post stitches inset in a tunisian stitch. Yes, I am a glutten for punishment. :lol :lol

:hook Wait till tomorrow.... :devil

At first I was pretty wary of the fpdc, and almost started the hdc, but then I decided to give it a shot, and it's so simple and looks really nice! :sun

I am so happy I decided to give this a whirl! I am on row 6 and the fpdc is nice:ty Heart for this CAL- I never would have attempted this without your great instructions!

I'm going to have to go find this color online to see what it looks like, (turqua) mabey I'll have to break the piggy bank open and go get some. :D

Yeah heart it's a pretty color and Fostermom I'm using one color

Well I'm working on row 5 now and wow the fpdc is pretty easy I thought it would be harder but now that I've tried it it's a lot easier than I thought

How could I possibly pass up a Heart made mystery CAL?

I couldn't.

I'm joining. I'll probably get to it.. I guess technically later on this morning and catch up.

Thanks for starting another! I'm excited!

Finished with day two and ready for day three :clap. I have not figured it out yet but I'm sure the big "a ha" moment will happen soon. :lol

Hope to see more pics as we get closer to the big reveal.

Has anyone participated in a mystery CAL that morphed into a swap?

Shelley

Day 3 is here:jumpyay Can't wait until I come from work to see what Heart has planned--will today be the day we have the "ah-ah" moment? .....Only Heart knows for sure! Have a good day all:crocheting

I've heard so much about this CAL from the WIP cal participants that I'm totally curious. Would it be too late for me to jump in?

I am so excited from reading all your posts. So intrigued.:bounce So excited.

Finished with day two and ready for day three :clap. I have not figured it out yet but I'm sure the big "a ha" moment will happen soon. :lol

Hope to see more pics as we get closer to the big reveal.

Has anyone participated in a mystery CAL that morphed into a swap?

Shelley

I don't think so yet, Hhhhmmm, this is a good idea....:hook

This is intriguing . I am guessing that it is a yarn/project tote. But then again, I usually guess wrong.

Will try for a pic tomorrow. :hook

What will it be, what will it be?

Clown Shoes for me

Or a box for a turkey?

Project tote,

To cover a broom

No Joke?

Will it go in a room?

I wonder what it will be

Tomorrow we shall see....:devil

I know that was cheezy, but I couldn't resist! My baby has been up since 2:30am, and I'm a little loopy right now. :eek I think maby she's teething jaw teeth. Hopefully we will be able to nap later. :sleep

How could I possibly pass up a Heart made mystery CAL?

I couldn't.

I'm joining. I'll probably get to it.. I guess technically later on this morning and catch up.

Thanks for starting another! I'm excited!

Jump on in!:hook

I've heard so much about this CAL from the WIP cal participants that I'm totally curious. Would it be too late for me to jump in?

I am so excited from reading all your posts. So intrigued.:bounce So excited.

Sure! :hook

Day 3 **NO more fpdc after today!!! YAY!**

R10-R14 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

Enjoy!

***If you have been changing colors or are going to change colors, add your new color in the same place you join. (1st fpdc after the ch2) Tomorrow st count will matter. If you joined a new color in another location, it's ok, we will figure it out tomorrow. :) If you are doing a 2-toned effect, finish off after today so you can start the new color tomorrow. If you are doing the same color, don't finish off. :D Happy crocheting!

:yay........................ getting my babies off to school and then its onto todays instructions............................ this is so neat!

:heart

:mug

Has anyone tried to add photos the new way yet? I haven't, I was excited about it last night, b/c it will cut down the hassle, but now I see the enormity of the project before us. I don't think I will be able to change over all my photos. That's a lot of pics. Just wondering if you all were going to leave your photos (old photos) as links, when they change?

Day 3 **NO more fpdc after today!!! YAY!**

R10-R14 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

Enjoy!

***If you have been changing colors or are going to change colors, add your new color in the same place you join. (1st fpdc after the ch2) Tomorrow st count will matter. If you joined a new color in another location, it's ok, we will figure it out tomorrow. :) If you are doing a 2-toned effect, finish off after today so you can start the new color tomorrow. If you are doing the same color, don't finish off. :D Happy crocheting!

Just saw this CAL today! Have been lurking here at the ville for sometime now as my kids summer holidays have started but I just had to do this CAL! I am doing mine in variegated RedHeart don't know its name as my mil gave this skein to me without the wrapper:( I am using H hook but somehow its not stiff like the other redheart yarns...hmmm maybe I should start another one with purple so that when I finish I an give one to my sister. Thanks so much for this CAL!

Jayanthi

:yay Day 3!! :hook

heart--I understand about teething! My 7 month old had me up ALL NIGHT last night! He started a little after 11. By the time he was comfortable and I was starting to doze off, he'd start again! All he kept doing was tossing and turning! He is working on tooth #2. I hope it comes in soon! He is still up now and grabbing at the laptop.

Hope that you and your baby have a better night tonight! :hug

Has anyone tried to add photos the new way yet? I haven't, I was excited about it last night, b/c it will cut down the hassle, but now I see the enormity of the project before us. I don't think I will be able to change over all my photos. That's a lot of pics. Just wondering if you all were going to leave your photos (old photos) as links, when they change?

I haven't tried yet.

I don't know about editing my old posts to keep them as pictures. I think I will probably leave them as links.

:hug to you Sarah oh the dreaded days of teething, good thing I'm at work and not at home where DH can read over my shoulder, I'm trying to convince him it's time for another he doesn't need reminders of the unpleasant time :lol

I'm so bad I'm going to get my students started on their assignment then start on today's rounds, of course they have the option of crocheting themselves when they get done with their work so I'm just modeling a good choice for them right, I mean crochet does encourage following multi-stpe instructions to complete a complex task (one of our state grade level expectations) and math skills. ;):hook

Archived