Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

Hope it is ok that I'm joining this CAL which will be my first- I was a little apprehensive since I've only been crocheting since February and everyone here is so talented- I wasn't sure if I was up to the task- but:woo I tried it and it looks ok so far:):yay . I think I may have messed up on 1 little part (but hey, this is for me!) I am using RH SS in Delft blue (blue being my fav color).

Thanks Heart for doing this and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!:hook:crocheting

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is mine in orchid. The first one is in a coffee color, lost the label, so I don't know the actual name, it's not a dark brown, but not tan either. It looks like coffee with a little milk in it. :D

1240970061.jpg

Teakaycee Is that white or off white? That's really going to be beautiful. :rose

aww... thanks sweetie! I appreciate the compliment!!!

Its actually Aran. I decided at first to go with this because I wanted to see if there was going to be any opportunity to embellish it. I would have a color that would be good for that. Then I was wanting to make another one in a variegated ... so I have two going now... hehehee. :hook

:heart

:mug

I finished mine and here it is so far.:cheer I'm using hook H and some RHSS yarn cream with colored speckles in it. I'm a little worried because it's around 19" long, much longer than others i've seen.:eek I hope it doesn't matter too much. I think it's because of stitch counting... it's not my favorite thing. :blush

DSCI2608.jpg?t=1240973156

Well, I tried to resist but couldn't. A mystery crochet along, love it! And unlike a few of you, I have no idea what this is that I am making :think.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Shelley

I worked mine up last night - I'm using RHSS Orchid, a pale lilac color, with a G hook. I think it's an older skein as it's soft and not too stiff. Is that going to be a problem Heart?

Just finished the first set of instructions a few minutes ago. So far, so good. All my stitch counts came out correct. Now that's a minor miracle in itself. :jumpyay:jumpyay

This pattern is written VERY WELL.

Its a miracle when I get the stitch count right too. I agree, the pattern is very well written.

I will likely have to leave or work before today's instructions are up, but I'll be checking in the minute I get home!

I finished mine and here it is so far.:cheer I'm using hook H and some RHSS yarn cream with colored speckles in it. I'm a little worried because it's around 19" long, much longer than others i've seen.:eek I hope it doesn't matter too much. I think it's because of stitch counting... it's not my favorite thing. :blush

DSCI2608.jpg?t=1240973156

Love the speckes! Pretty!!!

I worked mine up last night - I'm using RHSS Orchid, a pale lilac color, with a G hook. I think it's an older skein as it's soft and not too stiff. Is that going to be a problem Heart?

JennyBunny It will be ok. I used orchid for my second one too.

running around the house .................... I cant wait for our next set of instructions.......................... whoa... I'm getting dizzy......... :faint

:heart

:mug

Ok, I know after seeing today's instructions you will be thinking, "IS SHE NUTS!" lol. :D Probably, but it is soooooooo worth it to do the fpdc. After a row, you just seem to fall into a zone and zip right through. I've done 2 and they didn't take to long. and I had to stop every few minutes or so anyway b/c with 3 kids, you never seem to have 10 minutes to do anything. :D

So, Please, Please, Please take your time, if your hands cramp, take a break, don't push yourself, just remember this is for YOU. There is a tutorial on my blog here if you need it, very simple and quick, just pictures, no video, if you need it. If you don't know how, it will be a learning experience, something new for you, if you are weary about doing a fpdc (front post dc) then you will be a pro after this. :D It is really, it helps the finished piece be all it can be. :D Plus it looks really, really neat, and it helps with the sturdiness. :devil

If you still don't want to do the fpdc, for any reason, I understand some will not be able to, it's ok, you can do a hdc. The instructions are the same, I gave hdc count with the fpdc count. (follow the same inst. ) If you crochet tightly, make sure your hdc is about 1/2 to 3/8(centimeter) tall to get the sizing right.

Front Post st tut click here

If you don't want to do the fpdc, you can do a hdc, follow the instructions, same for both sts. Do not do both fpdc and hdc, do 1 or the other. :D Make sure your hdc is about 1/2" tall, about a centimeter.

Day 2

R5 Ch2, (does not count as a st now and through out, just brings you up to stitch level) Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each st around. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc)

**If you don't want to do the fpdc, you can do a hdc, however, the fpdc gives the finished piece the sturdiness and stability it needs as well as it looks really, really, really good** (132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

R6-R9 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, (NOT the ch2) fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

Yay! After this, everyone will be a pro! It really is easy after you make it a few times. Your hand just gets used to putting the st in a different place is all. :D Glad you are making it! :D:woo I get in a zone after the first few sts and just zip right through. When I first tried the st a few years ago, It :scared me bunches. Now, I'm loving it!

I had mentioned about the hdc (if that's the st you are using) being 1/2" or a centimeter tall, this isn't important to keep checking, some crocheters make a hdc really short by pulling tight, and it ends up about as tall as a sc, we need it to be a little taller than that. So, don't worry about sizing, just look at your first few sts, if they are taller than a sc, you are good.

Fpdc people, don't worry about this. Your st will be the right size. ;)

I can't hardly stand when I have to keep checking gauge and all that :eek , so I try to make things simple and fun, I didn't want to confuse anyone, so I tried to clarify a bit. ;)

oh fpdc, I like doing that, can't wait to do this next set of instructions, I've also found a skein of RHSS in gold, so doing that as well with a g so I can see the diff bc my first one is with an h

Yay!!! I'm so glad you all are doing the fpdc. I was worried that not many would do it because of having to repeat it so much. :jumpyay I'm so excited I can't stand it!!! I could have given more instructions per day and made it into 3 days instead of 4, but I wasn't sure of everyone's level, (beginners and advanced) so I kept it at just a few rows per day to be fair to everyone. :) We will be done on friday. :woo

Archived