Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so excited about this! More than anything I have ever designed! :woo You will love it! Goodness! I'm on the end of my seat, I wish I could just give it all to you now! :D Have fun!!! (inst. also in the first post)

Mystery CAL

WW yarn. Red Heart is best b/c it is stiff and sturdy

G or H hook

1" button

R1 Ch50, 6dc in the 4th ch from the hook. (the first skipped 3 chs count as the first dc) dc in the next 45 chs, 7dc in the last ch, along the opposite side of the chain, dc in the remaining 45 chs. Join with a slst to the first dc. (104dc)

R2 Ch3, dc in same st, 2dc in the next 6 sts, dc in the next 45 chs, 2dc in the next 7 sts, dc in the remaining 45 sts. Join with a slst to the first dc. (118dc)

R3 Ch3, dc in the same sp, dc in the next st, *2dc in the next st, dc in the next st. * 6 times, (so far you have 21dc) dc in the next 45 dc, *2dc in the next st, dc in the next st* 7 times, dc in the last 45 dc. Join with a slst to the first dc. (132dc)

R4 Ch3, In Back Loops Only, dc in each st around. Join with a slst to the first dc. (132dc)

:yay............... getting my yarn.. hook... and a coffee refill so I can sit and get started!

Thank you again for doing this................oh the fun!!!!

:heart

:mug

Hi there! I know you guys started it today, but would it be too late for me to join in? This sounds like fun and it would be my first crochet-a-long. :)

Hi there! I know you guys started it today, but would it be too late for me to join in? This sounds like fun and it would be my first crochet-a-long. :)

:D Jump right on in! Welcome to the Mystery CAL! :woo

I am up to round 3 already.

Sarah, I just want to tell you that your pattern is very well written. I like the way you put in things like DC in next 45 stitches, rather than DC in remaining stitches. It makes it really easy to know that you are on track.

I ended up finding a skein of RHSS in a light green and that is what I am using. I"m not crazy about crocheting with RH because it is so stiff that it makes my hands hurt, but since stiff is good in this case, I'm going to ignore that.

I haven't posted yet because I wasn't sure I was going to join. I finished my other project last night and searched for another to do. I finally went to bed early 'cuz I couldn't find anything interesting. I logged on this morning and voila! I'm compelled to join.

Accept me? :worried

I am up to round 3 already.

Sarah, I just want to tell you that your pattern is very well written. I like the way you put in things like DC in next 45 stitches, rather than DC in remaining stitches. It makes it really easy to know that you are on track.

I ended up finding a skein of RHSS in a light green and that is what I am using. I"m not crazy about crocheting with RH because it is so stiff that it makes my hands hurt, but since stiff is good in this case, I'm going to ignore that.

Thank you! :blush and I know what you mean about the RHSS, but trust me, on friday, you will be glad you used a stiff yarn. :D I usually try to zip right thru my projects, (Impatient :D ) but with this one, I took my time, b/c it was for me and all of you, it's very theraputic to sit down and take a breath, and do something nice for yourself once in a while. :)

I haven't posted yet because I wasn't sure I was going to join. I finished my other project last night and searched for another to do. I finally went to bed early 'cuz I couldn't find anything interesting. I logged on this morning and voila! I'm compelled to join.

Accept me? :worried

:yay Yay! yes! You're in!!! :hook Lots of people don't "join" they just lurk,:D but we love them too! :manyheart

:yay Yay! yes! You're in!!! :hook Lots of people don't "join" they just lurk,:D but we love them too! :manyheart

I'm so guilty of lurking most the time! :lol But, I'm glad to join in this time, yay!

Well, It's Tuesday morning and I just stumbled upon this CAL. I guess that means I have to join - what with all that RHSS in my stash and all. I think I can handle 4 rounds today on top of my other duties...

Well, It's Tuesday morning and I just stumbled upon this CAL. I guess that means I have to join - what with all that RHSS in my stash and all. I think I can handle 4 rounds today on top of my other duties...

Yay! :cheer I did the original in brown/coffee color, but I have some orchid, it's a lilac color, I may make up another one too. :D

:whew...

got my :coffee, :hook, and :yarn... kids are off at school, so here I go off to the instructions! :yay

oh... I have opted for Caron Jewel Box yarn (found a bunch in my stash) that I LOVE, and that has been waiting to be something special, just for me! :cheer

I will be making 1 in tourmaline & jade, and 1 with snowflake obsidian & moonstone. Since this is "therapy", I decided to go all the way... and what better present than gems AND crochet, I'm thinking!!! :D:clap:applause :clap:applause

you rock, Sarah!:yes:hug

All of your yarn selections sound - and look - very nice. I've done today's section - I just grabbed some RHSS red from my stash, so nothing exciting. I'm anxious to see tomorrow's instructions though.

Okay.... I've decided to make 2... I have one done in Aran... keeping it basic and easy for possible decorating. The second one I havent decided yet... need to go for a dive in my stash and see. I figure... might as well make 2 ... one can be a gift... :hook unless I love it so much and get greedy... and keep it!

Thank you Sarah!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

:whew...

got my :coffee, :hook, and :yarn... kids are off at school, so here I go off to the instructions! :yay

oh... I have opted for Caron Jewel Box yarn (found a bunch in my stash) that I LOVE, and that has been waiting to be something special, just for me! :cheer

I will be making 1 in tourmaline & jade, and 1 with snowflake obsidian & moonstone. Since this is "therapy", I decided to go all the way... and what better present than gems AND crochet, I'm thinking!!! :D:clap:applause :clap:applause

you rock, Sarah!:yes:hug

:2rockYeah! :bowThat's what I'm talking about! :laughroll

(Don't ya just love these smilies!!! :D )

Okay I'm in. Here is my first four rows in RHSS Blueberry Pie. Hope this is what it is supposed to look like.

th_P4282656.jpg

Yep! That's exactly it! Love the verigated too. I can't wait to see that finished. :D

Archived