Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I can wait until I get home. :hyper I usually don't crochet during my lunch break but I brought a hook and yarn just in case I couldn't stand waiting until 4 pm. I have already printed the post with the pattern. Come on 11:30 :bounce

I don't think I can wait until I get home. :hyper I usually don't crochet during my lunch break but I brought a hook and yarn just in case I couldn't stand waiting until 4 pm. I have already printed the post with the pattern. Come on 11:30 :bounce

:rofl... you got it BAD, girl! (not that I can relate, or anything, you understand :devil:lol) have a fun lunch/:crocheting break!

I am finished with today's instructions... a little longer spent than normal, but I was really savoring it:c9

off to the WIP week CAL... see you all later on! :ghug

OK I joined. Didn't spot this cal untill yesterday and then almost forgot about it today. I am done with todays section. I started it in red heart fiesta in light plum that I had in my stash. How much yarn do we need? i could use some white if need be. I can't wait untill tomarrows section! :yes

:2rockYeah! :bowThat's what I'm talking about! :laughroll

(Don't ya just love these smilies!!! :D )

hmmm:think:scrachin....YUP:yes, I DO :heart these :U:heehee They are just 2 cute 2 not use:wink

...mine looks like that Daugherty's too:clap

on round 4 now, was anxiously awaiting time to do this so when my students finished their work early and said "can we crochet?" I jumped on it.

1 question for you Sarah, I couldn't find enough of one color that I liked, or even two, so I have 3, is it possible for you to tell me how many total rounds this will be so I can plan out when to use the colors? if not I'll just change randomly as I go and see how it turns out.

Can't wait til tomorrow...

I hope I'm not too late to join. I didn't see this until today. It looks like alot of fun. I'm always crocheting for everyone else, now it's my turn. I can't wait for tomorrows instructions. Now to find the perfect yarn color.

OK I joined. Didn't spot this cal untill yesterday and then almost forgot about it today. I am done with todays section. I started it in red heart fiesta in light plum that I had in my stash. How much yarn do we need? i could use some white if need be. I can't wait untill tomarrows section! :yes

I used about a skein. Still have a little left. So a good bit. ;)

****There is a place that would be good with a color change, I'll let you know. It will be day 4. If you change color here, it will look like it was designed that way! ;) ***

on round 4 now, was anxiously awaiting time to do this so when my students finished their work early and said "can we crochet?" I jumped on it.

1 question for you Sarah, I couldn't find enough of one color that I liked, or even two, so I have 3, is it possible for you to tell me how many total rounds this will be so I can plan out when to use the colors? if not I'll just change randomly as I go and see how it turns out.

Can't wait til tomorrow...

~Kel~I didn't want to give it away, so I pm'd you ;) Good for your class! :D

Everyone else...Please don't be upset with me. Just trying to accomodate them. ;) and I didn't give away any instructions. :)

I hope I'm not too late to join. I didn't see this until today. It looks like alot of fun. I'm always crocheting for everyone else, now it's my turn. I can't wait for tomorrows instructions. Now to find the perfect yarn color.

Jump on in! :hook

Sarah you rock, and if anything I'm more intrigued now since she didn't reveal anything, come on isn't it Wed yet???

Just saw this thread today!! Talk about timing. :clap I will have to wait until I get home to find the yarn. The ladies in my craft group loved the other mystery cal and were just asking me if there was another one.... well I will give them the answer tonight. :lol I guess the RH collage I have left over from my Guatemalan afghan won't be stiff enough. :angry If you have never used it, it is almost like Yarn Bee - Cameo but not as fuzzy just soft. Would "I Love This Yarn" be stiff enough. Off the top of my head I can't remember if I have a whole skein of RH to use. :( But I can make the sacrifice and go buy some. :rofl:rofl

ok I want to make sure I'm doing this right so I'm posting a picture of row 2that I'm on so if I did something wrong please let me know "> because after that I'm not sure where to go next

">th_picturesofmycrochetworks-1.jpg

OK, day 1 done....I have my suspicions of where this might be going but I'll keep mum. :hook

fc1123, that looks right, or at least looks like mine ;) the next rows you will be continuing around the edges of the oval.

edit - my center chain was about 12", after row 4 mine's about 17". I used a G hook.

thank you thank you I wasn't sure if I was doing it right so thanks for your help Granny Square especially since it's my first time working on the opposite side of the chain now on to row3

It looks like I'm joinging in! I heard about it over in the WIP CAL and kept peaking in to take a look. When I found out it was only 4 rows for the first day, I thought, "I can handle that!" So, I sat down and spent some time to myself this afternoon and completed today's rows. There must be something to this, because it actually calmed me down and helped me put some of my plans to complete my WIPs into perspective.

I will be going multi-coloured to use up scraps and stash, but rather than try to figure it out perfectly, I think I'll just let that be part of the mystery :lol.

Mine is about 17.5 inches with an H hook.

Hey! I'm still fairly new to crochet and I'm still having a little bit of trouble on increase/decrease/rounds stuff:think, but I decided to go ahead and try this anyway! I think i'm doing alright. This is my R1, is this looking right to you gals?

DSCI2602-1.jpg?t=1240947218

Archived