Mystery CAL for Yourself

heart

ok so I've finished with today's instructions on my first one (grey, pink and white) and I'm loving the stripes

Can I ask, did you do stripes with the fpdc? I started to do that, but I didn't think it would stripe very well...:think. Thanks! And thanks Heart for the :crocheting fun!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the information on posting pics Heart. My daughter set up a flikr acct for me when she showed me how to swallow the "lump" and go online. (thanks all you news shows for making me scared in the 1st place!) I'll grab my camera when I finish and try to get a pic on here. I really like the (colorway) effect so far.

:lol:lol:lol Oh goodness! I'm sorry. :D at least it isn't fptr! (not like it's a big difference, buy hey, everylittle bit helps. ) :manyheart It will still work out with the hdc if you'd rather do that. :D I love the aspen. Beautiful color!

Oh No! I love doing fpdc's. I even designed a kitchen set with front & back post stitches inset in a tunisian stitch. Yes, I am a glutten for punishment. :lol:lol

Can I ask, did you do stripes with the fpdc? I started to do that, but I didn't think it would stripe very well...:think. Thanks! And thanks Heart for the :crocheting fun!

yes, my base is grey, R 5&6 in pink, 7&8 in white, 9 is grey

it actually makes a really straight smooth stripe on the nonruffled side, and th ruffled side looks super cool too

yes, my base is grey, R 5&6 in pink, 7&8 in white, 9 is grey

it actually makes a really straight smooth stripe on the nonruffled side, and th ruffled side looks super cool too

Great, thanks so much for the help! It's funny, because I am planning on using similar colours - base is black, then I'm either doing grey and pink or two different shades of pink with the black! Haven't quite decided.

Front Post st tut click here

If you don't want to do the fpdc, you can do a hdc, follow the instructions, same for both sts. Do not do both fpdc and hdc, do 1 or the other. :D Make sure your hdc is about 1/2" tall, about a centimeter.

Day 2

R5 Ch2, (does not count as a st now and through out, just brings you up to stitch level) Fpdc around same st as joining, fpdc around each st around. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc)

**If you don't want to do the fpdc, you can do a hdc, however, the fpdc gives the finished piece the sturdiness and stability it needs as well as it looks really, really, really good** (132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

R6-R9 Ch2, Fpdc around same st as joining, (NOT the ch2) fpdc around each fpdc. Join with a slst to the first fpdc. Skipping the beg. ch2. (132 fpdc or 132 hdc if you aren't doing the fpdc)

Hey!! I have a quick question about a little part in the instructions. When it says "Skipping beg. ch.2". Does that mean you skip chaining 2 or does it mean you skip the beginning chain AND THEN chain 2?

Sorry, i'm a newbie!:blush

Thanks, Heart!!!:yay

not heart but I read it as join in the first fpdc NOT the ch 2 (so you skip the ch 2 to join), then you ch2 to start the new round and cont

Hey!! I have a quick question about a little part in the instructions. When it says "Skipping beg. ch.2". Does that mean you skip chaining 2 or does it mean you skip the beginning chain AND THEN chain 2?

Sorry, i'm a newbie!:blush

Thanks, Heart!!!:yay

not heart but I read it as join in the first fpdc NOT the ch 2 (so you skip the ch 2 to join), then you ch2 to start the new round and cont

I understood the directions as ~Kel~ described them. Have you had a chance to take your hook to the project and give it a try? Just skip joining the ch. 2 to anything; join in the fpdc, ch. 2 and then start your next round.

Good luck :cheer

:yay got mine done for today. Had to take mini breaks as my thumb doesn't like to do fpdc without resting between rounds for a wee bit. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!!!

Thanks for opening my eyes to the fpdc stich! I love the look of it, and can't wait to make something else with it later on. :D

I just finished today's instructions.. finally! I really enjoyed it today though.. I just kept having so many interruptions! I just hope it's coming out right. :P

I am really enjoying this CAL. Its fun making something when you have no clue what it is. I am still at a total loss, cant even venture a guess!

I am really enjoying this CAL. Its fun making something when you have no clue what it is. I am still at a total loss, cant even venture a guess!

Yeah!! :yesThis is really fun and I have NO clue what it is either lol. I'm so anxious for friday! :crocheting

:thinkLong day at work today- just read the instructions- fpdc- new stitch for me- but I'll give it a whirl

At first I was pretty wary of the fpdc, and almost started the hdc, but then I decided to give it a shot, and it's so simple and looks really nice! :sun

3487377150_10e5580cf0.jpg?v=0

3487357476_e1fbc7acb9.jpg?v=0

:clap:clap:clap

I did it! Pics are here! First CAL, first pic upload, my-my...

OK. I guessed that this is not a giant clown slipper. (dead giveaway people- Heart would have made us make two) Also it's not a french bread basket ( Heart said it was a fun item; I mean really, :cheer:cheer Bread? As to what it is? can't wait to find out! PS: That's my cat Cloe in the picture. She never comes around until I spread something out. Then she sits on it. Go figure.

Martha, I love that color and yes thats what its suppose to look like, except you probably know you turn it so the ridges are in the inside. I still have to take a pic and will post here in a little while

I just got all the instructions today so I'll start tonight. I also have some Turqua somewhere. When I bought it I thought it would go nicely with some browns I have. This looks really interesting. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Ellie 13

Martha, I love that color and yes thats what its suppose to look like, except you probably know you turn it so the ridges are in the inside. I still have to take a pic and will post here in a little while

I was assuming that the ridges go on the inside too. If not, then I must have done something wrong, because there is a vertical ridge where the beginning chain 2's are in mine.

I am caught up and eagerly waiting for tomorrow's installment.

Martha, the color of your yarn is really pretty.

i just found this and have been looking for something to make for me out of the RHSS Plum Pudding yarn I got in the Hooked on Crochet SWAp and I think this would be great even thoug I have no idea what it is...lol! I just needed to know it was for me ;) ! Can I join in too? I will have to do it tonight after dh and Blaze go to sleep. I have never done the fpdc either so I will need to figure that out but I love trying new stitches and stuff.

Oh thank goodness! :rolleyes I kept thinking that the inside looked a heck of a lot better, and was hoping that would be indicated further in the pattern. Thank you, my next pictures will probably look much better now!:nworthy

Archived