2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Finished the dinosaur hoodie! It's a pattern from the June 2009 issue of Crochet World. Unfortunately, in the process I ended up with two big balls of frogged yarn from the project before so that's a -2 for me. Here are some pictures of my son modeling it for me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2494/3753542871_4d564dcc8c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3753542877_810e68aa72_b.jpg

And I will be out of town this weekend so I'll post my scores now...

WTD: -1

YTD: +1

Jain! He's gorgeous!!! And the hoody is adorable, too. Congrats on a great project!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I haven't bought any yarn so far this week, unfortunately I haven't used any either. I did, however, start cutting a T-shirt in to a long spiral strip to crochet with. I've had to wind the cut part into a ball to keep it under control using a nostepind I picked up over Memorial Day weekend at Balticon where it was being sold as a "magic wand."

So, how do I count the fabric strip I'm cutting? Or do I?

Personally, I wouldn't count anything until you are done making your "yarn," then it might count as a ball. What a clever idea! I'd love to see what you make from it!

I haven't been here since July 16th :blush. Most of the week has been :2rain, only 2 days were :sun. I had to pull weeds again, but I got some :crocheting in too. Last Sat. I used 3 balls making charity squares (+3) :clap. My mom said I should make the afghan 6 X 9 squares (48" X 72"), so I bought 2 more 7 oz. skeins (-4). The Ecru is 3.5 oz. so they're going faster, the dark brown I'm bordering the squares with is just balls I had left over. I used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. The blue and light brown should be rolled down by next week. So I'm still + this week :lol.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 92

Ellie 13

I finished my Pining Throw and 6 full skeins and 2 partial skeins. I have now finished the 7th skein on a new project and expect to finish the 8th skein by this evening. it's a start anyway on those 24 points that would count against me.

Will post later ... in hopes of getting that 8th one done :dreaming

Six premie blankets and two more hats. Will weave in last of the end this afternoon. Still working on DH afghan it spurts. Trying to finish some WIP before anything new!

WTD: 5

Went shopping this weekend.... :blush

-24 WTD

-6 YTD

Well, at least I have some nice, new yarn to crochet with! I was totally going to skip the shopping (thinking about this thread, and the ytd-scores we're posting this week), but my sister said that I usually come up with cute projects when I already have the yarn... So I bought some. ;)

I didn't think my score was going to be too bad this week - I did have to buy two skeins of Peaches and Cream to make some ice cream cozies for a friend's birthday (naturally she requested colors I didn't have in my stash! :lol ). I could deal with a -4 for the week. But then the other day, when I was outside moving the sprinklers, my neighbor caught sight of me and said, "I have something for you!" She then presented me with 13 skeins and 5 balls of yarn, plus a hardcover afghan pattern book and a big stack of craft magazines. :yay My first thought was, "Yay! More yarn and patterns! I love my neighbor!" Then my second thought was, "Oh noes! My stashbusting score!" :laughroll

I did do some crocheting, but on small projects, and not enough to earn me any points. So my score is (gulp)

WTD -35/YTD -22

There goes my nice positive YTD score! :( I better get my hooks moving if I want to dig myself out of this hole! :crocheting

Well I finished off that 8th skein. I am now on row 13 of my next project to use up these Aran Skeins. Of course... I will likely have to order some more yarn to finish this project :eek but it is soooooooo pretty. (Crochet Lace ...pg 110: Butterfly filet cloth

This week - 8

This year -68

With a bit of will power I can finish the 4 skeins that were part of my MM order for next week. :dreaming

Finished all i will for this week

WTD +12--- YTD +138

hope to get a good start for next week, i am almost caught up with my "shoot the moon week":cheer but i will need some white to finish the next two projects:blush

I have been finishing off alot of things this week. My score for this week is

WTD +8 YTD +101

Going to the yarn factory on Monday to get my yarn for the winter. Guess I will be the shoot the moon winner next week.;)

Well I went to Joann's and bought the super size cotton yarn so -2 have to do my total all over again so here goes:

WTD:-5/YTD:-141

I rolled a skein into a ball, for another point.

I'm changing my score.

WTD=+14 YTD=+21

My YTD is the same as my age!:lol ( Times two + a few. biut we won't say that part of the math) :lol

:manyheart

This week was fair week, and I kinda lost some of my wrappers, so don't have an accurate count. I had 6 wrappers in my tote from this week so that's all I counted. I already edited my siggy. WTD +12

I have had the flu all week! So no crocheting! I felt well enough to crochet while my mother drove us around Williamsburg, VA, today. All the shops were having sales! I love Knitting Sisters (such an evil place for someone in Stashbusters).

They actually had a skein of the dye lot I needed to finish the baby dress, so -2 (I'll count the skeins when the project is finished).:c9

They had a grab bag sale - $20/bag, some of it worth $60-100! Woo! I only bought one bag of brown neat-stuff. Counting the balls of yarn in it (there was one tiny ball, don't know what I will do with it yet). - 4 skeins, 5 balls. -13:devil

Plus, right before I got sick (so it might have been last weekend), I bought a skein of Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread at Walmart! I love their price, but hate that they keep it on the bottom dusty shelf. Some of it is too dusty to buy. Such a waste! -2

-17 total

2009 Stashbusting Score WTD -17 YTD -69

I also found a vintage lace magazine for $1! Couldn't find a date initially, but definitely pre-1950's. And 3 knitting books at B&N for less than $10 each! Woo! I love sales!

:yarnZan

I managed to use or return 14 skeins of yarn this week...but I also had to buy 9 skeins for an afghan. :lol

WTD +12

YTD +160

I've been bitten by the bug again. It's been a slow year for crocheting, but I think it's changing now! Also, I just found out t hat I am being gifted a bunch of crochet books by my manager's grandmother. I mentioned I crocheted to her mother when I was coloring her hair and suddenly I get all her old crochet books. :cheer

+18 WTD / +26 YTD

Archived