2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

-296 :droolMiss Scarlet, I am in awe, I think I will worship you. :nworthy:nworthy:nworthy I am also really jealous. :devil How about a photo of the awesome stash? My DH would never let me get away with that. :wink Although I will say before I joined the CAL I did give away 5 huge garbage bags of yarn to a local charity.

Also, I think it's pretty cool to be a silver medal winner. When I get going on my scrap ghan I ought to be able to do better than that. Hopefully anyway. I really do want to destash considerably. Then I won't feel the least bit guilty about buying new yarn.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well went and bought a skein of yarn yesterday so -2 but did finish a skein on Saturday so +2 there for me so breaking even so far

Second week in a row I didn't post. I have just been way to busy to get things done. I did finish a 1 pounder last week, and I finished a skein of country blue over the weekend. I will hopefully get some stuff done this week.

This week is looking up already. :) I busted a skein and two balls on a felted bag this weekend, so am starting with positive numbers. :cheer

Of course, I will be buying yarn to finish the bag and the lapghan, so that might bring me back down, but hopefully not for long. :D

:yay a Gold Medal! Wowzers! :faint

Congrats to all this week! It looks like lots of good numbers for the sumemrtime!:cheer Only 7 of us in the negative :dance:dance... awesome!

So far this week, I am +2

Been away from the computer for a couple weeks and guess what happened??? I went from a YTD score of +26 to -4!!! :eek Last week I was house sitting for a friend of mine for a few days. She lives like 10 minutes from Michaels (from my house it is 45 mins away). I took full advantage of staying at her place. My car took my there ever day! It was fun, but now my score is suffering. Must...get...crocheting!!:lol

Miss Scarlet, can I come and pet your yarn??:devil What a gorgeous stash. I wouldn't feel guilty at all with such beautiful yarn. I wouldn't get any crocheting done at all. I'd just gloat over it. :D

Wow Miss Scarlett that is an impressive Shoot the Moon! If you're going to do it, do it right!!!

I am officially moved into my new place, and my room is smaller and I cannot store yarn outside my room anymore, so I have to get rid of some of it. I've promised some out, and will mail/deliver it soon.

I am considering getting another set of risers for my bed for storage underneath. Gee do you think 2 sets is overkill? The bed would only be about waist level high, but then it might all fit. I think it's worth the jump.

I just received the yarn for a commission for TWO baby blankets (new grandmother). :yarn 7 skeins of pink for one blanket and :yarn 8 skeins of pink and white for the second. Yummy. :c9 I am actually getting paid for these commissions -as opposed to just getting the yarn when a family member or friend commissions me.

WTD -30! YTD -99! Almost 100! :)

Of course, there goes any chance of making a positive number this week! I was working on a baby dress this week from a stashed ball, but it looks like I won't finish the ball when it is done. :( Maybe there's enough for matching socks or booties.

I need to go finish the other baby dress - that one will be worth at least a +5 when I am done :)

Zan :yarn

I just received a notice from my cable company that they are going to be upgrading in my area over the next three days. It may mean loss of service.

I'm just posting here so you will know where I am if I can't log in over the next couple of days. Just more time to play Civ3 I guess :rofl

another skein used for me, making 12" granny squares. +2. I have dug through my stash, and found parts of skeins, that have not been counted before, because they were from along time ago. So I am using them up making Granny squares, or daughter, or saltines. Whatever fits. Maybe I can get my stash down.

Well. I have not used up any yarn yet this week.:( I stopped by hobby lobby on the way home from Bible study yesterday and bought 5 skeins of yern:eek I have not changed my siggie yet because I have not brought them in the house!!!!!!!LOL :cheer I had better count it though cause if I don't do it now I will forget!:blush

I used 2 more balls and gave away 3 skeins (+8) :clap:cheer. I only have 4 more squares to assemble and then I can do the border on my afghan. That will use a skein or 2. I'm down to 2 large bins of :yarn. I have no idea of what to do next :think. I'll check the charity lists and see what I can find.

WTD: + 8 YTD: + 103

Ellie 13

Archived