2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting there. used up 2 skeins working on doll clothes. The only problem is that I have an MM order coming with lots of yarn.

I have tried to contact Freedom Village as I hope to donate lots of knitting needles and some yarn to them :dreaming. It would be so nice to really make a dent in my stash. :sigh

I have been finally getting a few things done this week. I can't believe that I didn't even make on the board for lack of posting for the past couple of weeks. Well I will tally up my stuff saturday and post it then as it has been a crochet week for me. So many little projects that I have gotten done but yet to finish everything.

I'm still plugging away at the stash. :sweatI hope to have some positive numbers to post in the next few days. Right now I'm working on the Scrumptious Scraps ghan. :crocheting It's starting to look like something. Hopefully, by the time I'm done I'll have cleaned up a good few small balls of yarn.

not getting much done this week! I live in a senior apartments, and every 6 months they do an inspection. Sooo, I have to spend more time doing housework. Thats alright, because I only do it once every 6 months!!!

I like the idea of the 2 sets of risers. It'll be like having a "Bed of Kings." :lol

Wow Miss Scarlett that is an impressive Shoot the Moon! If you're going to do it, do it right!!!

I am officially moved into my new place, and my room is smaller and I cannot store yarn outside my room anymore, so I have to get rid of some of it. I've promised some out, and will mail/deliver it soon.

I am considering getting another set of risers for my bed for storage underneath. Gee do you think 2 sets is overkill? The bed would only be about waist level high, but then it might all fit. I think it's worth the jump.

OKay I was just now very bad.... Ordered the bare natural 100% merino wool along with the Jacquard dye from Knit Picks. I have been searching for yellow to red blended yarn for like a year now. I found it once in the LYS that was like $35.00 a skein. I swear I almost had kittens at the price of that yarn. So of course I didn't buy it. But I still needed the yarn, then there was an article in crochet world this month, ( FYI Our Kim Guzman is also featured in the issue ) anyway, this article is on dying yard. They explain three different methods and then give you patterns to use with the dyed yarn. How cool is that! So I got the idea in my brain to dye my own yarn to the color I have been searching for. I should get the yard next week... Yeah! So I really need to start crocheting so this new purchase doesn't put me in too deep of a negative.

Well, I have fallen off the wagon. :( Not too badly though. ;) I bought one skein of black so I can keep working on my Scrumptious Scraps. But that does make this week a -2.

Also, my power steering went out on my van. It already needs a new engine, now this. It never rains but it pours. Everyone keeps telling me I should trade it in, but, can't afford payments and the big increase in the insurance. :sigh I hate cars, it's always something.

Had a night at home alone last night, and have got a good start on unpacking the new apartment. So I figured there was no guilt in making a couple things. I made a scarf & an earflap hat, used up 1 ball & 1 skein. Yeah!! I am going camping this weekend, so I'll post now

for the week +3 yeah!!

Nothing acquired, nothing finished up this week. I have been lurking in the Dish Cloth Tuesdays CAL and got the hankering to make even more dish cloths for my sister. I have two in the works. I am using the free kitchen cotton that added -10 to my YTD at the beginning of May and hope to get some of that used up.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -5

The heat finally ended after a record string of ten 90˚F+ days.:sun:sweat

Really as unusual as the record snows last December. Anyone say "climate change"?

I got 3 blue ribbons and 1 white for my four jam entries at the Washinton County Fair this past weekend. My knitting friend got a white ribbon for her socks that I entered for her. Alas, she didn't win for her handspun yarn entry, but she's just a beginner at spinning, so that's okay.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

I got 3 blue ribbons and 1 white for my four jam entries at the Washinton County Fair this past weekend. My knitting friend got a white ribbon for her socks that I entered for her. Alas, she didn't win for her handspun yarn entry, but she's just a beginner at spinning, so that's okay.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

:clapCongratulations on the ribbons for both you and your friend. :cheerGreat Accomplishment :clap:clap

Putting in my totals now, as we'll be busy all weekend...

Sadly, I have strayed. The new yarn came in that I needed for the DROPS cardigan, so my totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6 YTD +90

I hope to get more done next week to reduce my stash. I plan to finish the cardigan and finish up the sweater I've been putting off weaving in the ends for.

The two projects I am working on right now are using the big 7 ounce skeins of yarn, and I do not anticipate finishing any more this week. So I will post my score for this week now.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD +2 YTD +349

:(

A couple days ago I shipped out some yarn that I sold, so that is a +16 so far:yay....probably all I'll get this week. My carpal tunnel is not allowing me to do much crocheting...hardly any, lately.:(

Archived