2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Here's an eye-opener...

I just put all my yarn into ravelry.

(After taking it out and petting it, organizing it, admiring it, dreaming about what it wanted to be when it grew up...)

When all is said and done, I have 478.5 skeins of yarn right now. :rofl

(And to think, I sold several hundred skeins of yarn earlier this year!)

:faint

:rofl

:faint again

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished off a skein & put 2 skeins into balls. I then went & bought 2 pounders for a projects I stated today (I wont tell no one over at the Sky Krystal will get a bat after me. :rofl) But I used up a skein yesterday after buying the other 2 so I am ahead this week! :yay

I was very good yesterday. I'm getting started on Christmas presents and found out I didn't have enough in my stash to do the afghan I just started. So, rather than just buy more yarn, I went to my local A C Moore and returned yarn I already had and used the money to buy what I needed. :angel

So, I'm still in the positive numbers. I was sorely tempted by the new Christmas homespun that was in, but, I resisted. :devil I'm going to post for the week now because I'm going to be away this weekend.

I used up another skein so I'm at..

WTD +2, YTD +9 as of today. We are going to a reunion so I will get time to crochet on the way and while I'm there so hopefully, I'll have more finished up when I get back.

Here's an eye-opener...

I just put all my yarn into ravelry.

(After taking it out and petting it, organizing it, admiring it, dreaming about what it wanted to be when it grew up...)

When all is said and done, I have 478.5 skeins of yarn right now. :rofl

(And to think, I sold several hundred skeins of yarn earlier this year!)

I can honestly say I don't think I have that much yarn in my stash. but then again I am afraid to count it too.

I confess the yarn sirens have been calling again...:lol

I just couldn't resist the Claudia Handpainted Yarn featured on The Dizzy Sheep website yesterday. I succumbed and ordered 2 skeins for socks. However, it hasn't arrived yet, so it doesn't count...:devil

No real amount of yarn used. Been using some nylon thread on sock cuffs for ruffles. Two socks done, with beads. This is for the county fair.

I do have my crochet group tomorrow, so hopefully, I will get some yarn used up!

:manyheart

Started a sweater and used up the rest of the skein that I had used on the knitted sweater. Now I'm crocheting one and it goes much faster.

I haven't been crocheting this week, rather doing a little here and there. Did quite a bit sewing and quilting though. Managed to finish two skeins on squares So that is

+4 WTD +6 YTD

Totally great timing... My MM order came today with 12 skeins of yarn -> 10 Aran and 2 Mellowspun. :sigh

The good news is that one project is the Pining Around Throw so I should be able to finish most of the 10 skeins of Aran by tomorrow. I am on Row 5 as I type :wlol

Will let you know how it goes by tomorrow night.:goodorbad

I finished up a skein and started another at my knitting/crochet group this morning. I'm making a pretty pink sweater for a little girl.

Krystal16, you are my yarn hero! :yes

Even though I feel like Darski's smiley :faint , at the actual thought of counting that many skeins. :D

I didn't really sit and count it. I inventoried it in Ravelry, with the help of my 4 slaves children. Ravelry allows you to export it to excel, where I added up the column for number of skeins.

Now I know exactly what I have. I love ravelry a bizillion gazillion (as my son would say)

I went to use another skein on my sweater, and it doesn't quite match. It's that No Dye lot stuff Nutura from Caron. So I've had to stop on my sweater until I can get to the store. Makes me so mad. It's just a little off, but I can tell. And since I'm making it for a neighbor, I want it right.

I'm putting in my totals now, as I'm going to be busy all weekend.

Although I strayed and ordered some sock yarn, it hasn't arrived yet, so I don't have to count it! :lol

I've been doing a lot of work on the DROPS Crochet Cardigan, so my totals for the week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +5 YTD +94

I did go to the store tonight and get the right color of pink. The lady was kind of crabby when I told her what I needed to do. But the yarn simply didn't match right and I didn't want to use it. Kind of gave me the third degree if I used any of it or not.

So I'm up to Lucky 13 for points this week.

WTD =+13 YTD=+20!

My guys are coming home from their camp week, so I don't know if I'll get to use any more yarn. I'll be cleaning until they get home, and then doing laundry all night! But I enjoyed my quiet house.

Finished the dinosaur hoodie! It's a pattern from the June 2009 issue of Crochet World. Unfortunately, in the process I ended up with two big balls of frogged yarn from the project before so that's a -2 for me. Here are some pictures of my son modeling it for me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2494/3753542871_4d564dcc8c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3753542877_810e68aa72_b.jpg

And I will be out of town this weekend so I'll post my scores now...

WTD: -1

YTD: +1

New up date on my score. I bought a total of 15 skeins of yarn (-30). of those 15 i used up 4 (-22). I rolled 3 balls of yarn. so my new score is -19 wtd/ytd. I'm working hard to use up what I have.

Well, I haven't bought any yarn so far this week, unfortunately I haven't used any either. I did, however, start cutting a T-shirt in to a long spiral strip to crochet with. I've had to wind the cut part into a ball to keep it under control using a nostepind I picked up over Memorial Day weekend at Balticon where it was being sold as a "magic wand."

So, how do I count the fabric strip I'm cutting? Or do I?

post-11383-135897429011_thumb.jpg

Archived