2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I used up another skein at my crochet/knitting group today. so I'm at a -6.

Dinner at the high school for Madrigril singers, so no crocheting tonight. I will probably be in the negative numbers this week. I'll just try to be good for the rest of the year.:lol

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to double the strand of the Alpaca/Silk yarn (THREAD!) and am using a C hook. Have gotten all of 3 inches of (my first ever) rectangle granny. It will eventually form the center base of the scarf for something easy to build off of. Maybe look for a fancy stitch in my newly acquired 365 stitches perpetual calendar. But I really need good light and my reading glasses to work on it!

Even though I have continued to do my VJGC project during TV watching (don't need light or reading glasses for that), I have not been able to offset my purchase with any busted stash.

So, for this week:

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -2/YTD: +21

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -2/YTD: +21

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

I know the feeling about using pounders. Most of my yarn is in large skeins so that is why I crochet and crochet and never seem to finish a skein. Now to be honest, I always wait to take the 2 points when a skein is completed because I make so many little bits from a pounder that I could really rack up the points if I took one for each time I used a small ball from the big boys.

But I am in the plusses this week... which is nice for a change. (Change nothing!!! it is a radical shift :eek )

I used up the balls of black and white on a penguin and snowman (+2). Used up all my scraps of green (about a balls worth) on wreath pins (+1) :yay. I started Christmas stockings, but I only have red and green. They really need white in them too. Since 3 people want snowmen, I'll have to get more white anyway :sigh. If I get a pounder, it'll take forever to use, but it'll only be -2. I'm subtracting the pounder now because I'm getting it in an hour or so. Maybe I can roll down the red and green by next week, that should even things out :lol.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Was able to use up 2 skeins this week for a scarf. Then my mom confiscated 2 of my skeins so she could make a scarf using the same pattern. YEAH for mom!!! She hasn't picked up a hook in a couple years!:cheer:clap:cheer (just realized that my YTD score is wrong. Back in October I ADDED 72 points when I should have SUBTRACTED those nasty points. And here I thought I was out of the negative 200's. oh well..)

WTD +8

I used up a skein of cotton making a dishcloth and coaster :D

That puts me at -10.

Hopefully I can get a few more skeins of cotton busted today, but I really need to get my rear in gear and work on the ripple, so we shall see what else (if anything) gets busted today.

I haven't busted anymore yarn since earlier this week. :sigh but at least I'm ending in the positives :lol

WTD +4

I would love to do this again next year. I've been in this CAL since it started. I only bought half of the yarn I bought the first year :lol now if I can half that again this year I might even get to busting some by the 4th year :rofl

Working on getting the house clean so I can decorate it tomorrow. No time to crochet today. so I am posting early.

wtd=-8

Not a good week.

I worked my way through a huge Sensations rainbow boucle for +2 for the week. That's a lot of yarn for a few points (but balances out with the small skeins I busted through last week :D ) I won't get any more busted today so I'll post now:

WTD: +2 YTD: -52

+16 Kelly A - GOLD MEDAL!!!

+11 rlanto - SILVER MEDAL!!!

+10 dragonpuck - BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+8 walker1021

+6 darski

+4 hseger

+4 basjordan

+3 Ellie13

+2 econ-nerd

0 Amethyst Mist

-2 Marzee

-8 CLLinda

-10 DreamsOfYarn - SHOOT THE MOON!!!:yarn

Congratulations everyone! We did a great job busting stash, and showing restraint when buying yarn.:yay:hug:manyheart

OK, I opened the new thread for 2009's Stashbusting CAL. Let's keep the momentum going next year. You all are doing such a wonderful job busting stash! I know I'm getting yarn for Christmas. I actually have a place to put it now!!!:yes

No sooner did I post I wanted to join the fun again than I was not "playing" again. :eek I am so sorry Y'All. :blush LIFE just keeps getting in my way. :ohdear

The good news is I'm still crocheting :crocheting just unable to get online as much as I'd like. :thumbdown

I went to A C Moore yesterday and only got the :yarn I really needed (I already took the points off). I rolled down a skein this morning (+1) :clap. I'm going to start the teddy bear for Vanna's choice contest by Lion Brand and Michaels. That should be good for 1 or 2 skeins for that. Good luck to anyone else who's entering. It would be nice if a villager won :yes.

WTD Score: + 1

Ellie 13

:manyheartI took the boys sledding and sat in the warm car crocheting, listening to Christmas Carols on the radio. Busted through a skein as I sat there.

Nice way to watch sledding.

+2 already.

I've been working on a pounder and thread so it's been slow going :( so I decided to make some quick Christmas presents with the cotton I have so I busted 2 balls (and almost half a skein of cotton but won't count that yet :( )

+2 for the week. Let's see how much more I can bust through this week. :D

Yipee! Shoot the moon for me :lol

I think this is the first time for me :blush

I think I am using the 'never ending' cones of cotton. I keep crocheting with them and there is still a lot of yarn on them. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have busted at least 2 of them.

Well, I get the Shoot the Moon for the week. My stash came in the mail today. I received 75pts worth of yarn. In my escapades today, I used 2 balls worth. So, I get -73 for today!!

Archived