2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My poor fingers are sore, but I have managed to crank out 8 points in the last 2 days. I finished off 2 skeins of thread on some cotton hats a lady had ordered & 2 skeins of a lovely wool/alpaca/silk blend that I got for a Christmas gift.

It may just be the best hat I've ever made. All my own design in a beautifully soft yarn that will be incredibly warm.

My combined score the the last 2 weeks is -21, leaving me at ytd -126. It was to confusing to keep track of what I bought and finished when these last 2 weeks, so I combined them. Hope that is ok.

+50 angelfire GOLD MEDAL!

+24 jeannie1205 SILVER MEDAL!

+14 hseger BRONZE MEDAL!

+12 KellyA

+11 dragonpuck

+4 darski

+3 walker1021

+2 Ellie13

+1 Tia

0 Amethyst Mist

-10 econ-nerd

-12 CLLinda

-18 basjordan

-21 appy lover

-72 rlanto SHOOT THE MOON!!!:eek

Huge congratulations to Angelfire for her amazing score, and for reaching positives for the year. How does that feel?:hug

Used up a whole skein of pink and rolled up a ball from making a double strand scarf. It's a gift for my SIL, who appreciates my work.

So I am starting out the week with three points. Using a pounder to make some baby doll stuff, so may not get too many points this week.

:manyheart

Wow Rlanto, thanks for taking the pressure off me.. :D

Anglefire, that is an impressive score, maybe I need lessons.

For the week I am already at +4. I finished up a skein of black on a hat, a ball in a second hat and worked a skein down to a ball putting stripes on the hat (it was close anyway). Yeah me!

I'm almost done with the teddy bear (just legs to do) and used a whole skein (+2) :yay. I made more Christmas wreath pins and should be able to roll down or finish the skein by Sat. I have an order for another penguin and snowman by Fri. I can't wait for all this holiday stuff to be over, it's making me :loco.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

Missed reporting last week - all of 1 ball busted. This week I have finished off a skein. All for VJGC. Also, this is my final report for this week as I am heading east through Christmas week. Probably will work on my friend's skarf on the long plane rides.

The following week takes us to 2009! So here it is:

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD(2008): +24

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +24

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

The following week takes us to 2009! So here it is:

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD(2008): +24

-Marzee

Way to Go! You ended up on the winning side of 0/ That is my dream for next year so I really appreciate that you got it done. :flower

The night before last I used up one more ball and then last night I didn't crochet, but I did take 2 unused skeins back to Michaels for a refund. So I got +4 from that, putting me at +9 for the week. Yeah, best total in awhile. Now If I can just stay out of the yarn store for a few more days. I think I have all the yarn I need for the Christmas presents I have left. Yeah. :cheer

Hook on everyone!

If anyone wants to bump their score before the end of the year, I am looking for balls and scraps of bright colors in homespun, light and lofty, or similar bulky fuzzy yarns. Pink, red, blue, white, black, lime green would be the preferred colors. I want to make some more mohawk hats in the spring. Pm me and we can talk about costs and postage. I'm only posting this here because I wanted to offer it to stashbusters first. After the first of the year I will post in the other locations.

Horray for a snowstorm coming our way. I'll be grounded to our house and will get some time to crochet.

I'm only at 3 points so far, so I better get some Me time!

:manyheart

I had such hopes that I could finish those two skeins for scarves that I have been :knit but I can't get either of them done it seems

:blush but the real news is that I went to get the extra skeins I need for the pink shawl and a grey scarf and I have so competely jumped off the wagon.

They had a lovely soft pinky-mauve fluffy yarn on for $0.99 each.

all told, I have fallen to -12 with today's purchases

I still have hopes of finishing another skein to overcome some of the mess I have gotten myself into. I had such hopes of getting out of the year no further behind ... :sigh

Archived