2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+19 dragonpuck GOLD MEDAL

+9 CLLinda SILVER MEDAL

+6 rlanto BRONZE MEDAL

+6 darski BRONZE MEDAL

+6 hseger BRONZE MEDAL

+4 walker1021

+3 Ellie 13

+1 Tia

-11 basjordan

-13 econ-nerd

-34 KellyA - SHOOT THE MOON

Good job everyone! And KellyA, can I come play at your house? I think you have my kind of toys!!!

Hi,

As your intrepid scorekeeper, I would like to handle the end of the year this way:

Count your yarn usage until the ball drops in Times Square in New York. On Jan. 1 (before midnight Eastern Standard Time) post your last WTD total for 2008. If you are so inclined, post your YTD total, also. On Jan. 2, I will post the scores for the end of the year. If you choose to post your YTD total, I will list it in order, also.

Does that sound OK?

Thanks,

Beth

+9 CLLinda SILVER MEDAL

+6 rlanto BRONZE MEDAL

+6 darski BRONZE MEDAL

+6 hseger BRONZE MEDAL

+4 walker1021

+3 Ellie 13

+1 Tia

-11 basjordan

-13 econ-nerd

Good job everyone! And KellyA, can I come play at your house? I think you have my kind of toys!!!

Whew! Thanks KellyA for saving me from the shoot the moon award :lol

Sounds good, Basjordan, about the end of year posting.

Thanks for posting the scores every week, too.

Next year, I am shooting for a gold. Never made it but I keep trying.

Hi,

As your intrepid scorekeeper, I would like to handle the end of the year this way:

Count your yarn usage until the ball drops in Times Square in New York. On Jan. 1 (before midnight Eastern Standard Time) post your last WTD total for 2008. If you are so inclined, post your YTD total, also. On Jan. 2, I will post the scores for the end of the year. If you choose to post your YTD total, I will list it in order, also.

Does that sound OK?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth, I think your idea of how to post our year end scores is perfect. And thanks for being our scorekeeper.

+9 CLLinda SILVER MEDAL

+6 rlanto BRONZE MEDAL

+6 darski BRONZE MEDAL

+6 hseger BRONZE MEDAL

+4 walker1021

+3 Ellie 13

+1 Tia

-11 basjordan

-13 econ-nerd

GOLD way cool:yay:yay:yay

so maybe i should celebrate by getting some yarn!!!:yes:yes

I would love to have those who have hooks to join me at my house for year end stashbusting rally. Just want to let everyone know that Joann's is having all of their yarn on sale :eek

Might go for two in a row (shoot the moon award).....looking for some wool to make felted slippers for the family. :hook

I went to HL and resisted! Just looked and felt the yarn but didn't purchase any. I'm waiting for the ILTY to go on sale so I can stock up for a red, white and black afghan for my daughter, for college next year. She's almost decided for sure for Illinois State.

I did use up three balls so far this week, for +3.

:manyheart

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that I bought a bunch of yarn because it seems my Walmart is closing the yarn dept. :(

The good news is that I will have a good shot at a good score next year if Walmart closes the yarn dept. :yay:cry

will count up the bad news by this evening.. :sigh

I made 2 squares for the charity thread :hug. I started with 2 partial skeins, used 1 and rolled the other into a ball (+2) :clap. I'll post my YTD Score too, because I might not be able to post again until Fri.

WTD Score: + 2

Score for 2008: + 327

Ellie 13

Sounds good to me Beth!

I probably will only get 1 point for rolling this skein into a ball. :( doesn't look like I'll need much more of it. I might have to get a few skeins to start me out on my next big projects so I probably should do that this week so I don't start the new year in the negatives already :lol

I used up another ball last night, for another point.

DS won't be home tonight, so I will have some nice, quiet time to crochet.

I'm going to work hard in the next two days to get some more points.

Staying out of JoAnn's and Michael's because of scoring.

I did the body count of my yarn from yesterday and it was 10 balls so that is a - 20 however, they are large balls of at least a pound and even some kg so I have tons of yarn there. It is true that I got all that yarn at only -2 points each but it takes a year to use up those kgs :rofl

Well it will go on tomorrow night's post. :sigh

I got that skein rolled into a ball today finishing off my placemat so +1. I'm going to try to make a few dishcloths out of the left over little balls that just don't seem to want to go away :lol maybe I'll get a few more points before tomorrow night.

I sold 247 skeins of yarn this week, and I've used up two skeins of thread. So, that would give me a total of +594. There was also two entire boxes of balls of yarn, which I am going to estimate at about 300 balls of yarn between the two of them (they were each 2'x2'x2'), which would give me +894 WTD.

I realize I'm being a spoiler because I'm only jumping in for a possible chance of FINALLY getting a gold medal, so I completely understand if you want to give the Gold to someone who's struggled through here week to week. (I gave up months ago!)

I hope to stay here in 2009 to make sure my yarn tally keeps going down. I still have a couple hundred skeins, I'm sure. :yes

I realize I'm being a spoiler because I'm only jumping in for a possible chance of FINALLY getting a gold medal, so I completely understand if you want to give the Gold to someone who's struggled through here week to week. (I gave up months ago!)

I agree that it should go to someone who stayed the course.

I gave out in the middle as well but I am not even close on anything so it doesn't affect the winner.

I used up a ball on shamrock pins (+1). I should be making hearts but I don't have sport weight right red :yarn:(. I won't be able to get back to the library until Fri (closing early Wed. - closed Thurs.).

WTD Score: + 3 2008 Score: +328 :yay

Ellie 13

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :party:yay:dance

I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere in this huge thread (:) ), but does it count if I make "yarn" (plarn?) out of plastic grocery bags?

I see your question hasn't been answered yet, so I'll take a stab at it.

The rules in the first post state: For every SKEIN you buy, get given or inherit, you LOSE 2 points!!!

I interpret this to mean that any skein that is acquired by any means counts as -2. So if I were to spin a skein of yarn from some wool roving, I'd count that as a -2.

Let me know if I'm wrong about that. And hope I didn't step on any toes by answering.

I used up another ball last night, so I'm at a +5 so far.

I'm hoping to get time to work on the Christening gown I want to start. I'm using Lustersheen in white, so it will be really nice when finished.

Archived