2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I had to fall off the wagon as well. My best friend (newly engaged) asked for a scrapghan for the Holidays. She knows that I don't have much of a stash to speak of because of the moving crisis, so she said if it doesn't happen until sometime next year, she's fine.

Haven't gotten it yet, but it's large. I went to eBay and bought a lot. **shrinks** That week, I'll be the Shoot for sure!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And she does it!!!!

Ok, it was only one skein but it still feels mighty good for this wayward crocheter.

+2 for me :yay

:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

:cheer:cheerGo, Go, Go :cheer:cheer

I busted another skein today for another +2 making me +4 already for the week.

I figure I did pretty good this year. I only acquired half of what I acquired last year stashbusting :rofl

My order came today from Herrschners. 5 skeins in two kits. I had used up a skein yesterday, so my score is now:

-10+2=-8.

I have to really work hard just to break even this week.

But the yarn is so pretty and it's worth it for making gifts for the hospital. I love to make gifts for the new babies.

:manyheart

I know it is still a bit early to be looking to 2009 and especially since I cannot offer to organize a new game, but are we going to try this again?

I have to admit that having to come here and report my count keeps a whole lotta yarn out of my cart. :sigh

Is there a possibility for next year.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we do appreciate all the effort you put into keeping this running. :hug

:ghug

I finished my dragon shawl, well, actually my daughter's dragon shawl. Unfortunately, she knows it's for her, so if I kept it and started wearing it, she'd probably get upset with me... I used one more skein, so my WTD is -2.

I know it is still a bit early to be looking to 2009 and especially since I cannot offer to organize a new game, but are we going to try this again?

I have to admit that having to come here and report my count keeps a whole lotta yarn out of my cart. :sigh

Is there a possibility for next year.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we do appreciate all the effort you put into keeping this running. :hug

:ghug

I'd be willing to keep up the score keeping. It's not that hard, since someone else did the difficult part and made and explained the rules.

I bought 4 skeins to make a prayer shawl and have used up three already and will finish the last one this evening. Then I need to get going on my stash and do some more busting.

If I remember correctly (and maybe I don't :P ) I thought everyone reset their scores to zero at the beginning of 2008. I actually hope I am wrong because that means I added a bunch of yarn this year and didn't use up much... But it was fun :D

Alrighty - I checked back to the first page of this thread and we did reset to zero from our 2007 scores and started all over again. Maybe we should do the same for 2009 (and start a brand new thread) I know it's a month away but it's good to plan ahead.

I'd be willing to keep up the score keeping. It's not that hard, since someone else did the difficult part and made and explained the rules.

Thank you so much.

:hug:hug

And I agree that we start fresh in 2009 as we did this year.

Thank you so much.

:hug:hug

And I agree that we start fresh in 2009 as we did this year.

I think this is terrific. I like being accountable for my yarn.

Went to the home town of my best friend for Thanksgiving. Saturday we were at a local hardware store there, when I glanced across the street and saw "The Knit Shop." Well,...Just had to take a peek.:D Was having a nice time just dreaming, when my friend arrives and says she would like a scarf from me for Christmas. "Oh sure," I say, "Great idea." She continues, "Made out of THIS...." She holds up Alpaca with a Twist, Fino, 70% Baby Alpaca/30% Silk, 875 yards :yarn:eek Bought it, anyway, and thought, "Oh Gosh! It's 1ply...it's thread!" I can see I'll be :crocheting forever on it. I haven't done thread since my snowflake days...oh...20+ years ago, or so (when my eyes were much younger). Should have bought that B hook they suggested. Oh well, I'll just have to dig in. Still working on finding a good closed stitch, keeping in mind that it's a scarf she wants, not a shawl. But still, it puts all my other WIPs on hold.

Okay, so how do you guys count hanks wound at the shop into a ball? :think In my mind it is still -2 until some of it is used.

After that I see zeros stretching out past the horizon.

Always the optimist, I'll wait until Friday for the final check in.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -2/YTD: +21

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

I made 2 penguins and a snowman and rolled down 2 skeins of :yarn this weekend (+2). I have to make a teddy bear for a contest, a snowmen, a penguin and 20 (or more) wreath pins before Dec. 20th. I hope I have enough yarn. If we start at 0 in '09 I should buy lots of :yarn on Dec. 31st (go out with a Shoot The Moon) so I'll have stash to start with :devil. Got to get :crocheting.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

I won't be crocheting much if any the next couple weeks. I've got to get the house ready for Christmas Eve....everyone is coming to my house this year! Yikes! :faint

So, sorry if you don't hear from me for a while.

I stopped at the Newly remodeled Hobby Lobby on the way home and bought some things for Christmas. Only one skein of yarn jumped in my cart because I had one coupon.

So I'm back at -10 for the week!

Yikes.

I used up 3 balls of yarn yesterday working on a scrapghan. I haven't received any word yet about my lot shipment, so I don't think it'll go on this week. Which means next week is going to be very negative for me!

I don't post but once a week to give my weekly total. (yes, I am a quiet one). But I agree with wanting to start a new thread for 2009 and zeroing out the scores. This little thread helps me stay in touch with what I REALLy need and not what I REALLY want in my stash. If I wouldn't have bought all that Aunt Lydia's yarn earlier in the year, then my score would have been in the positives. But they don't make that rug yarn anymore and I need it to make my hangars with. I just know next year will be better for me in the yarn score department. lol

Thanks to everyone who has helped keep tally of all the scores this year!

I made two 3-strand oven mitts, which used up the majority of 3 skeins of cotton yarn. I finished one by making a wash cloth, so I get to increase my WTD to a grand total of zero.:cheer I should have the rest of the yarn used up quickly.

I used up a skein making a baby bunting. So I am down to -8 so far this week.

And Saturday is approaching pretty quickly.

I am really, really close to finishing another one. I am actually hoping that I have enough of the colour to finish the hat. well I have more of the colour and will likely trim in the CC anyways... but you know what I mean :wlol

Well, I did it again. I didn't fall off the wagon, just slid off :lol

Bought another cone of cotton and a skein of cotton.

Looks like I will end the week in the negative, since it takes forever to use a cone of yarn, and that is what I am using right now.

This is the first time in a long time that I have ended in the negative.

That gives me a -4 for the day, with a weekly total of -12 :blush

Archived