2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back sliding again. I stopped this week and picked up 5 skeins to make stuff for a craft show this weekend and later craft shows. I was running out of little girl colors and needed to make some bassinet purses. I've made one already and started another, so maybe I can reclaim some lost ground this week.

My shoulders have been bothering me so I've been having to take a lot of breaks, so not as much as I would like.

So currently at -8. Darn that puts me back over-100 for YTD.

I used up a ball making another :tdance (+1) and made some more wreath pins. I'm getting requests for Christmas stockings now too. With things being busy at the market, I might not be able to get here for a few days, I'll be too busy :crocheting with every spare minute :lol.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Hi Mel :hug Thanks for your quick reply :manyheart I'm excited to be back! :clap

How have I been doing? :lol You know...one step painfully forward then two steps even more painfully back!! :P What can you do? :think

:lolYou know...one step painfully forward then two steps even more painfully back!! :P
Yep, sounds just like stashbusting!:heehee Welcome home!

What can you do? :think
Maybe you should mosey over to the Wishing Well and join the Holiday RAOK 2008. May cheer you up.:yes

I'm going to be off tomorrow (when I usually check in) attending OryCon (the Oregon Science Fiction Convention), so I'm reporting my week's total now.

Lots of stash stuff going on, mostly VJGC related. Broke down and purchased RHSS of all four colors (-8), BUT I also used up a ball of multi (Mexicana?) on the second row of twelve growing 12" squares (+1) and rolled a ball of Aran from that same project (+1). Then I sent out an RAOK package of three 100% virgin wool skeins (from the estate stash) for felting (+6). For a grand total of...wait for it...ZERO.

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +22

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +22

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Team VJGC

November Charity Square Along

I cleaned out part of my guest room and am sending 4 spools of some old wool to Goodwill. +8 to make my week up to +9. :yay I do have to go to HL tomorrow and get a thing of the thread to finish up my angel tree topper but I'm sure I will bust it fast. They aren't very big since it's #5 size thread not #10 :lol

I busted a skein today but I bought a thing of #5 thread so I'm even for today :D but I hope to finish another skein and that thread by the end of tomorrow. I was good in HL and only got that one ball of thread even though the ILTY was calling my name :lol I didn't let any jump in my buggy.

Thought I was doing good at not buying anymore yarn, but had to buy 2 skeins this week to help finish off a scrap grannyghan. Yup, you read right. In using up my stash, I did not have enough earthtone colors to complete the ghan. In a way it is a good thing. Means the stash is really being busted. But the bad thing is now I have 2 more skeins to bust thru. Oh well... I am really trying to win this game.

WTD = +3

I gave a skein to a friend and used 3 small balls on a Christmas stocking (+5) :clap. Made 7 more wreath pins, about a dozen more and the ball of green should be gone. I got a request for another :tdance, I think I can use up the last ball of tan. I've used up all but 2 of my small balls, only have whole skeins and some "slightly used" ones (3/4 or larger) left :sigh. I should be o.k. though, since they're mostly green, red, and white :D.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

Archived