2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTD +4 --- It was +14 until I bought 5 skeins of yarn to day......:eek I hope I did my scoring correctly. I used 7 skeins this week and bought 4.

Yes, you are scoring it correctly.

:manyheart

Used up two more skeins today making a hat.

I'm posting early. Not feeling really well.

WTD=+19!

Pretty good week. Good luck, everyone.

+21 Marzee GOLD MEDAL!!!

+19 CLLinda SILVER MEDAL!

+18 DreamsOfYarn BRONZE MEDAL!

+6 econ-nerd

+6 Tia

+6 walker1021

+6 basjordan

+5 rlanto

+4 PostStitch

+3 dragonpuck

+2 hseger

-5 Ellie13

-22 KellyA Shoot the Moon!

Congratulations everyone. Another great week.:cheer:hug:yay:manyheart:crocheting:clap:yarn

Ok I am reading this and I wanted to know if I could join in next year? I am still trying to figure out the math but I do know that I do not have a stash. I tend to buy yarn for each project. I may build up a stash over the holidays as my family sometimes gives me yarn and thread.

Dreamweaver

Hi Dreamweaver,

We'd love to have you join in our game, but there would be a new one for next year. You are welcome to join us now, if you like. The math isn't that hard. You get positive points for using or getting rid of yarn. You get negative points when yarn comes into your possession, whether you buy it, receive it as a gift, or it rains yarn balls in your backyard, and you rake them up. (I wish!) Whole skeins, hanks, and cones are worth 2 points. If you use part of a skein and roll it into a ball, you earn a point. When you finish the rest of that ball, you earn another point, which is the 2 points you lost when you brought home the skein in the first place. You do not have to count the stash you have to start. You start with your score at zero.

If you have any questions, let us know. And welcome to the group!:hug

Silver, Again! I am so happy. Thank you for the honor.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

I have a question. Is it because the economy is bad, that we are all using up our stashes instead of buying more yarn?

Just wondering. I know it's that way for me. No money, no yarn.

Thank you so much for grabbing my score!! I've been swamped. Have a job cashiering at WalMart now and am too exhausted to do much.

I have finished off two plarn balls. Yeah!!

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers. :hug:hug:hug

Was able to bust 2 more balls of yarn. Was hoping to get more busted, but had to deal with the loss of a pet.

So my final score is:

WTD: +18

YTD: +250

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers. :hug:hug:hug

Thank you very much. Has been a rough couple of days.

Was able to get a little crochet time today and busted 2 balls of yarn making squares.

+2

I was so honored to have received the gold medal this week! :jumpyay I must admit, I was trying to medal to make up for that shoot the moon, but I never imagined GOLD! With only +21, to boot. Most gold medals are for totals way over that. And a HOORAY for the other stashbusters who made the list!:yay

Although I still have a small(er) number of small balls, I won't be doing this again for a long time. WIP and WIM are starting to pile up already. Particularly this afghan panel I got from the estate stash that I want to adapt to a Warm Up America strip. I was able to frog back to 7" but adding on for the final 10" or so (to make it 63"), is proving to be a stitch/frog/stitch nightmare:irk as I work on getting the correct guage. Spent most of yesterday afternoon doing that. At present I am doing sc-hdc-dc, but I would dearly love to branch out to some of those fancy baubles and relief stitches.

After that is sent off, it's on to return to cranking out 6" baby squares for the local group (no stashbusting there as they give me the yarn to use). And of course there are the squares & an afghan or two for the VJGC....

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +19

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Team VJGC

I was such a good girl! I gave away a skein of yarn while teaching a friend how to make a hat (+2) I used two skeins on my 2 strand blanket (+4) and I used a skein on a hat that I made. (+2) for a total of +8 already this week!

Then my daughter came home from ballet needing a rat costume, and telling me that I could crochet gray leg warmers and arm warmers, and a hat with ears and a muzzle, and a belt to hold on the tail, and..... we went shopping at Wal-Mart. I bought 5 skeins of gray yarn. (How much yarn does it take to make a rat costume for a 14-year-old?) (-10)

My final tally for today is -2.

Oh, she needs to costume by Saturday. :eek

Archived