2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I used up a skein making a baby bunting, so another +2 for me.

We overslept this morning, so no shopping for us. Unless we find Michael's before noon for their sales.

I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey!

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was able to finish up a granny ghan and get it mailed off. And my granddaughter's Christmas afghan is almost completed. Finally starting to feel like some things are being accomplished.

WTD +8

Used up a skein of Vanna's Baby on the trains yesterday. Went from the south side of Chicago all the way out to Crystal Lake. Went up the Sears tower as a side tour.

Fun day for my son and I.

I made 2 penguins, used 3/4 a skein of black and rolled the rest down (+1). I used up the last ball of green making wreath pins (+ 1). I'm finally out of the negatives :yay. 0 is positive, isn't it :think? Now to start making Christmas stockings.

WTD Score: 0

Ellie 13

I'm posting early. Doesn't really feel like a Saturday to us here.

So for the week, my score is:

+12!

Not too bad for a crazy week.

But next week, when the big brown truck drops off my box, I will be in the negatives for sure!

Finished up my ball of gold thread :yay so another +2.

WTD +9 :yay

Just finished off 2 little balls so updated my score.

Ok last time I update tonight :lol one more ball gone.

What an awesome week! Lots of big scores going on here. We all did well. We busted a lot of yarn this week. Now on to the scores:

+21 jeannie1205 GOLD MEDAL!!!

+18 econ-nerd SILVER MEDAL!!!

+17 dragonpuck BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+12 CLLinda

+12 DreamsOfYarn

+10 KellyA

+9 hseger

+8 rlanto

+8 Walker 1021

+7 Tia

+6 basjordan

+2 itzhunic

+1 Marzee

0 appy lover

0 Ellie 13

-14 darski SHOOT THE MOON!!!

I recently moved and realised exactly how much yarn I have that I haven't used.....my stash, while not as enormous as some stashes, is still rather impressive.

I think I'm going to have to start busting throguh some of it somehow.

I know its the beginning of December tomorrow, but I might as well be a late start than never, right?

What an awesome week! Lots of big scores going on here. We all did well. We busted a lot of yarn this week. Now on to the scores:

+21 jeannie1205 GOLD MEDAL!!!

+18 econ-nerd SILVER MEDAL!!!

+17 dragonpuck BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+12 CLLinda

+12 DreamsOfYarn

+10 KellyA

+9 hseger

+8 rlanto

+8 Walker 1021

+7 Tia

+6 basjordan

+2 itzhunic

+1 Marzee

0 appy lover

0 Ellie 13

-14 darski SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Congratulations to us all:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm going to start off the week going in the wrong direction. I bought two skeins of yarn. I think I may need them to finish the shawl I'm working on. WTD -4. Goal for the week: finish with a positive score!!! It doesn't take much to get shoot the moon with this group any more!!!

I think we should all be proud of ourselves. We have some very good stashbusters fer shure when we are getting such low scores for Shoot the Moon. (And I speak with some experience - it must have been tough when I was on crochet vacation - guess y'all just had to take your turns eh? :wlol )

Congrats to all. :yay

I put myself on a yarn buying freeze so I could use up some of my stash. And boy, have I used up some of my stash. +280 for the year is pretty good :yes

I have been doing so good and then today, I fell off the wagon :lol

I bought 4 cones of P&C for an afghan for a Christmas present. Those cones take a long time to bust through. And in case you all didn't know, the cones are now 14 ounces, not 16. And the price went up.

So, I am starting off the week in the negative :(

I put myself on a yarn buying freeze so I could use up some of my stash. And boy, have I used up some of my stash. +280 for the year is pretty good :yes

I have been doing so good and then today, I fell off the wagon :lol

I bought 4 cones of P&C for an afghan for a Christmas present. Those cones take a long time to bust through. And in case you all didn't know, the cones are now 14 ounces, not 16. And the price went up.

So, I am starting off the week in the negative :(

could I just mention something - speaking from the side of someone who travels behind the wagon at best :eek

Don't let this purchase - which makes perfect sense - set you on the wrong path. You have done so well, I would hate to see you lose your focus at this point.

You are doing great and you will need to add to your stash occasionally but try to avoid the mess that I am now in. I buy yarn just so I have something to do on the bus ride home and I never buy just one skein to make it home.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

could I just mention something - speaking from the side of someone who travels behind the wagon at best :eek

Don't let this purchase - which makes perfect sense - set you on the wrong path. You have done so well, I would hate to see you lose your focus at this point.

You are doing great and you will need to add to your stash occasionally but try to avoid the mess that I am now in. I buy yarn just so I have something to do on the bus ride home and I never buy just one skein to make it home.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I still have a big stash, but it was getting out of hand, so that is why I have not been buying yarn. I do OK as long as DD is with me, but when I am shopping alone, I have a hard time resisting. I do my best to stay away from craft stores unless I need beads and jewelry findings, since those items aren't close to the yarn. If I see yarn on clearance, I feel it is my duty to rescue it and give it a good home :lol

I have a feeling I will fall off the wagon big time after Christmas. I wasn't thinking and I asked my DS for a gift card to Hobby Lobby. Maybe I will wait till the first of the year and buy yarn then.

Archived