2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I finished the penguin and snowman and made some more pins. Used up 3 balls and rolled a skein down :yay (+ 4). I'm going to do the legs on the teddy bear tonight. I'm entering the bear in Vanna's contest. Wish me luck :xfin.

WTD Score: + 6

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Darski, you can start over again in just under 2 weeks.

I finished another skein last night !! Yeah!! That puts me at +11 for the week!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....get these Christmas gifts done without buying more yarn.

One more skein bites the dust :yay +2 more for a WTD of +10. I'm staying away from HL till close to the end of the year. I want to buy some yarn to make a quilt but must resist. Besides I have a lot of things going that I need to get done before I start it :lol

Because of the snow day, I lost track of what day it was. I almost posted my score today.

I'm hoping to get the dress I started finished by Sunday, so maybe when the boys go out tonight, I'll get that done.

But I'm working from a pounder, and that takes forever to use it up.

We'll see what happens between now and tomorrow night.

:manyheart

I was doing good. Then my partner in crime at work had her baby today. OOPS!!! I forgot that I was going to make her a baby afghan. She got an IOU instead. Off to the dreaded Walmart I went and picked up 3 skeins of yarn. So much for gaining ground in this game. lol

WTD -1

Missed posting last week cause of internet problems (was at 0 anyway), and thought I was going to miss this week too, but internet is working for now so I better get the ugly score posted :lol

Used 2 cones and 1 skein so that is +6

Was RAOK'd 6 skeins so that is -12.

That puts me at:

WTD: -6

YTD: +264

I've got so much to do yet today. Cleaning, cards, and wrapping, so I doubt if I'll get any crochet time at all.

I'll post early with a

+5 wtd.

Happy Holidays to all.

:manyheart

I finished the teddy bear, but didn't like the way the dress fit. I frogged it and made a new one, which used more yarn, so I got to roll the rest of the skein into a little ball (+1) :yay. The snow started around 2 pm yesterday and is only now slowing down to a light flurry. I'm going to do some last minute shopping ( I'll be good, no :yarn. :yes).because they say tomorrow is going to be bad. I guess I can stay in and :crocheting the day away :lol.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

I got one more skein of the chenille used up today. Don't know if I can get anymore used up by the deadline. The child wants to make some cookies. :)

WTD +20

Edited to add another skein busted. :yay that will probably be it for today. I still have 2 more skeins but I think my ghan is long enough and the last skein ended exactly on the end of a row. I think that's a sign that I need to stop. :lol

+20 hseger GOLD MEDAL!

+11 appy lover SILVER MEDAL!

+8 basjordan BRONZE MEDAL!

+7 Ellie 13

+5 dragonpuck

+5 CLLinda

+3 Marzee

+1 Tia

0 Amethyst Mist

-1 Walker 1021

-2 econ-nerd

-6 DreamsOfYarn

-10 darski SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Hello,

I have a question for all you pros out there who did this last year: should we do something special at the end of the year to acknowledge our YTD scores? I think we should: mine isn't pretty, but it is a mile post of what I need to work on next year.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Beth

I just finished off another skein making a hat for DD. +2 more WTD +5 :yay

I was thinking about that the other day wondering if we would do a placing with our YTD scores :D I don't mind it if everybody wants to do that.

I'm keeping track of my end of year scores in my siggy anyway so I know where I stand with how I did the year before.

Archived