2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Hello,

I have a question for all you pros out there who did this last year: should we do something special at the end of the year to acknowledge our YTD scores? I think we should: mine isn't pretty, but it is a mile post of what I need to work on next year.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Beth

I don't really want to celebrate how badly I did this year. :(

However, without this CAL and the accountability it required, I would be in worse shape than I am.

So.. I do appreciate what the CAL has done for me but I am not ready to celebrate yet. :wlol

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the silver medal!!! :clapYeah!!! I am darn proud of that +11!!! of course I am already in the negatives this week. I have been crocheting small projects, but not getting any points. I have an afghan to finish before Christmas. Not sure how that is going to happen, but I will make sure that it does. It is for my brother. It is a round ripple and I am out to the last 6-9 rows-you know the ones that take forever to go around. Why did I choose my tall brother to get an afghan this year? Because I am a glutten for punishment. I did it with ww and a J hook though so it is going pretty fast.

I rolled a skein into a ball today +1 for WTD +6 :yay but now I need to put away the good scoreing chenille and buckle down on a baby afghan. :sigh It will be slow busting but may get 3 skeins busted out of it. :D

Made another penguin and snowman but didn't bust any skeins or balls :(. My friend wanted to make make a shawl in one color, so I gave her 4 skeins of green yesterday :yay (+ 8). Today she gave me gave me 2 shades of tan and 1 blue "in trade" :angry (- 6). Oh well, at least I didn't get more than 4 back :lol.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

I am so thankful that we get to start off 2009 with a score of zero. :clapSince I bought a bunch of yarn this year, I am hoping that this means next year I will stay in the positives. Why should I need to buy more yarn if my score shows I overbought this year?? :think Now, if only I can keep that thought in my head as 2009 rolls around. :rofl

I made a hat with the two balls of yarn left from my husband's surprise afghan. I used up both balls. I need to post something positive here. I'm going to be in the negatives very soon. My MIL is giving me yarn for Christmas this afternoon! WTD +8, YTD -130

I had to buy another skein of yarn to finish a gift for the holidays. So, that's -2. Then, I got a skein for Christmas (another -2) but while hanging out at my Grams' house, I was able to bust about 10 balls. So, that's +6 for the week so far.

I used up a ball of green making a dozen wreath pins for Christmas Eve (+1). I have 1 skein of green left. I'm going to start making shamrock pins now, so maybe I'll have enough by March. My sister sold all the Christmas stockings and pins I gave her and sent me a check for $51+change :yay. Who knows, maybe she can sell the shamrocks too.

WTD Score: + 3 (not so good this week :()

Ellie 13

Well I got something done to go out with at least a whimper if not a bang :rofl

--- finished two more balls (in addition to one earlier in the week) and did it by finishing two WIP's.:eek It is so good to finish something once in a while and to get points for it is a bonus!!!:yay

I was wondering if we are going to post a final tally number by midnight on the 31st... just to finish the year officially. No party but just accounting :devil

This week +6

this year -128

We had a lovely trip down to Tennessee to have Christmas with Mom. It's a little sad that it's the first Christmas without Dad. Long ride of 11 and 1/2 hours down.

Did some crocheting at Mom's and on the way home. My last weekly total is.

wtd=+9 ytd=+248.

It was a pretty good year for me.

:manyheart

My mil gave me a giftcard to Joann's and guess what? I did not buy ANY yarn! :cheer Instead, I got some Christmas ornaments on clearance and an extension kit for my Bond sweater knitting machine. :)

MMMMMM with red face :blush I forgot to include the 7 skeins I picked up earlier this week (found that bag when I was looking for some wool to make felted slippers with) so that makes this weeks total -34 :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn :devil:devil :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Archived