2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

+14 basjordan GOLD MEDAL!

TIE FOR SILVER MEDAL!

+12 Dreams Of Yarn

+12 CLLinda

+9 hseger BRONZE MEDAL!

+7 Ellie 13

+6 rlanto

+5 dragonpuck

+3 walker1021

+2 econ-nerd

0 darski

0 Tia

0 Marzee

-7 appy lover SHOOT THE MOON???

:yay:clap :cheerGreat job, everyone!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel right giving "Shoot the Moon" awards to people who are barely in the negatives. Does the lowest score always get it, or should we save it for when the lowest score is below a certain level (say double digits?)

Let me know what you think. I'm just the scorekeeper. This is OUR game.:hug

I agree with Basjordon. Shoot the moon for only being a few points negative doesn't seem right.

How about "Shoot the Moon" for anything in double digits and "Try Harder" for under that.

Just my opinion. What do you all think?

:manyheart

Just my own opinion (and I qualified with the double digits score of 10 last week) I would leave it as it is for now.

Firstly we are almost through the year so it could change for next year's game if you wanted.

Secondly, it is what it is --> who bought the most yarn this week. whether that be 2 skeins or 250 skeins, so be it.

However, I see this as all of us together working to reduce our stash levels and there is no real shame or concern here for buying yarn. This is just a way to keep us focused so that we don't shoot the moon buying yarn. The STM prize is just a fun little chiding to keep us honest. :wlol

Oh.. have to add that I did finish that one ball of yarn just after midnight last night and turned the last little strand into stitch markers :yay

Wow, silver 2 weeks in a row :eek

Thanks for finding and posting my score last night. My internet has been out and is still spotty, so I didn't get to post it in big numbers. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Used up a ball making another :ttalk (+1). Had about 6" of tan :yarn left :whew. Made some more wreath pins, should have about 40 when the ball of green is finished. I found a bag with a note by my door, "Leftovers from all the skeins you've given me." 5 balls in black, blues and white (-5) :sigh. I'm starting this week negative :(. It's going to be busy at the market this week (working 3 - 9 hour shifts!) so I might not be able to :crocheting or check in much.

WTD Score: - 4

Ellie 13

Wow Bronze for me? :woo Nothing busted this week though I did get a lot of pieces crocheted together and that skein is hanging on by a thread :lol

IMO I think the shoot the moon is fine for the lowest score if it's negatives. If everybody happened to be in the positives then there shouldn't be a shoot the moon. It is the lowest score of the week and just a fun little thing. :hook

Well, once again - time forgot to notify me and I missed the deadline.:ohdear I'm going to start off the week just right with a +5. I finished 2 balls and 1 skein working on my scrapghan.

As the winner of this weeks illustrious shoot the moon award, I'll take my "award" proudly--after all I earned it. I have used at leaste some off the first 5 skeins I bought last week. I will use a lot more of them this week.

I do have to admit that Saturday afternoon I actually ended up buying more yarn. During my craft show I took an order for something I hadn't realized I was out of yarn for. Then my sister wore some leg warmers I made to the ice rink and I got an order for those and a hat out of that. I had to buy the yarn to make the special orders, so I actually ended up with a score of -11 last week, but didn't make it back in time to post.

Buy the way ladies, nice going, if I was the shoot the moon winner with my measly score, then you are all doing a rockin job of not buying yarn!! :clap

I used up three balls of yarn making a hat. But I did place an order at Herrschners for some kits, so I don't know if the order will come this week or next. I may be the next Shoot the moon winner when the order comes.

They have free shipping if the order is over $35. Mine was $35.49!

I was so good today. I went to Wally World and didn't buy any yarn or other craft things. They sure tried to jump in the cart but I fought them off bravely.

I know I have yarn on the way, so I don't want any more negatives if possible.

I was sure I was in for another finished skein this week and was knitting a scarf but now I need the yarn for some blue jeans for Sunnie so it may not go away completely.

but I am determined to get something done in addition to the one (pounder) skein that I did finish.

My mom gave me a skein of boucle. So, -2, but I managed to use 5 balls over the last two days.

I really really want to buy yarn. I avoid going to the craft dept at work (I cashier at WalMart now) because it's too tempting. It's hard. It helps that I don't really have any money to buy yarn - so when I run out of this stash - I'm not sure what I'll do.

I will be away from my computer until Monday morning, so I am posting my week's total early.

Only one small ball busted. But Hey! Any + is good.

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +23

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +23

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

I used up two skeins making hats again.

Started a baby bunting this morning.

So I am up 5 points more this week.

I am doing what I can to earn that Shoot the moon this week. Went to walmart and evil yarn jumped into my cart wearing an invisibility cloak :eek ... yah buying this yet.

well you can't blame a gal for trying. Ok tack on 16 more points on the wrong end of the stick. :wlol

If I just crocheted like mad till Saturday, I could bring that down some. :crocheting

I've gotten quite a bit of stash busted over the last two weeks. Done lots with thread doing snowflakes, doilies, ornaments.

Used up 2 rolls Red Thread, 1 in metallic, 1 in White, 1/2 in Green = 9

4 Skeins LB Cotton Ease on socks and market bag = 8

2 Skeins Sugar & Creme in White for angels = 4

WTD = +21 YTD = +298

Finished off that ball of thread. I had just enough left over for a snowflake :D Now to work on the last of the ball of gold thread. hmmmm what to make with it.

Now at wtd +4

Archived