2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Ok so things have been slow lately. I did finish 1/2 a skein a few weeks ago and never counted it, but I will add it now to my ytd score. The week I have finished up 1 full skein and almost another on a baby gift. (a raiders themed sweater, hat, and crochet edged fleece blankie) I only have 1 small ball left. So that makes me +3 for the week. It was the first time I had used Simply soft Eco and I liked it, except the weird white fuzzies.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my usual style... I am now going back into the hole.

had to mail some stuff today (at the mall) and of course I needed some yarn to get me home sane and alive. Colour that minus 10 points. :sigh

The good news is that I knitted a dishcloth on the bus ride home. :wlol but it was from a cotton pounder... and again :sigh

The co-worker I made the afghan for loved it :manyheart (so did everyone who saw it). I use a small ball finishing a 1/2 made penguin (+1). I'm sending out a skein and a ball tomorrow (+3) :clap. I'm :crocheting wreath pins and should be able to roll the skein down before Sat. I have to go to Micheals to get more red beads, I'll try to be good and not get :yarn, but with the sales and coupons, it'll be tough.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

A co-worker asked if I was crocheting anything for Thanksgiving. So I showed her the :ttalk I made last year. She bought it and now others want them. I need to make 3 in a week :eek. They are not to hard to make, I just hope I have enough yarn.

Ellie 13

Just finished off a big ball of yarn :yay I ran out of it with just a few stitches left. :eek luckily I have another skein that I could borrow that few inches from :lol

+1 more points total -7 for the WTD.

Wow DreamsofYarn..a rr out of microspun, that will take some time. I finished up a skein last night putting me at +5 for the week. I realized that I am only 1 week from my next craft show, so I will be working a lot this weekend. Wish me luck.

Well, I am rejoining the ranks of the "just-a-bits". :sigh

Before sending off last week's Circles of Hope to Angelfire, I finished off three more small balls and tossed those in, too.

That's pretty much it. Otherwise, I have been working on baby squares, the strip for Warm Up America, and starting squares for a Team VJGC afghan. May have to buy :eek yarn for that project, as I don't have the yellow and green I need.

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +22

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +22

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

Wow DreamsofYarn..a rr out of microspun, that will take some time.

Didn't take long at all. No longer than any other of my 29 RR ghan's I've made. I worked on it 6 days and it is done. It actually would have been done sooner than 6 days but I got lazy one day and only did a couple of rows on it.

Finished another skein on it.

+12

I found a ball and a skein of the variegated tans yarn I need to make turkeys :clap. I used the ball on 1 turkey (+1), so the skein should make 2 (3?) more. I don't have to get more (it's hard to find). This week I'm on the + side :yay.

WTD Score: +6

Ellie 13

One step forward, one step back. I received a gorgeous cone of chenille yarn I got from e-Bay, but I used up a skein on the rat costume, which is finished on time!!! So my WTD is 0, but I sure got a lot accomplished in that zero!

I used up two skeins yesterday on my "Sick day". Finished up my yellow baby afghan that has been sitting around here for months in a bag, waiting to be worked on.

Just sat on the couch, watched movies, and crocheted. Drank lots of tea too. My cold seems a lot better.

:manyheart

I have been busy crocheting this week when my computer was not accessible. I used 15 skeins making a large blanket for my DGS.

WTD +30

Wow! Angelfire, you have been busy.

Good for you.

Keep up the good work.

I'm posting early.

Delivering popcorn for the boyscouts.

So my score this week is.

WTD=+10

Good luck everyone!

Archived