2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YEAH +200 YTD:c9

i am starting to see space in my yarn storage area!:clap:clap:clap:clap

working on two afghans and finished a shawl

+13 wtd:hook

That is awesome Lynn! Way to Go!!:yay

Another square done and joined, a small ball used (+1). No more balls, but I might use enough to roll a skein down tonight. I have 3 almost 1/2 gone skeins, I hope it's enough to finish this afghan, I don't want have to get more. As soon as I get this done I'll be able to use up a bunch of green balls making Christmas pins.

WTD Score: - 8

Ellie 13

I used up a skein on the train yesterday. Took a train to see a friend who lives in Chicago. Had a wonderful day with her.

I love the train. Sure makes traveling easier.

+2 for my score.

:manyheart

Now that I'm done with the sweater using pounders with single crochet, I'm actually seeing some progress!!! I used two skeins on my 2-strand afghan. This brings my score to +2. Now let's see if I can get my YTD over -100 again.

Looks like I am helping out the economy once again

And I will not be able to bust though the skeins by tomorrow

So I will post that I have purchased 13 skeins (busted through one ;))

So this week I am at -24

Mortified by my recent moon shot, I thought I would try for something better this week. I started off by finishing the WIP/UFO, 1SUB, by busting a skein on the border (+2). The board was clear, and I set my sights on that bag of small yarn balls I have mentioned in past posts. 55 Circles of Hope were made from 19 of those balls (they were really small). So I end the week:

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +21/YTD: +19

-Marzee

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Congrats Marzee!!! :yay

Mortified by my recent moon shot, I thought I would try for something better this week. I started off by finishing the WIP/UFO, 1SUB, by busting a skein on the border (+2). The board was clear, and I set my sights on that bag of small yarn balls I have mentioned in past posts. 55 Circles of Hope were made from 19 of those balls (they were really small). So I end the week:

-Marzee

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

I have a question. What if you are using the cotton yarn to make dishclohes. Does those count as 1 or 2 points? Right now I am making my Dishclothes for Christmas gifts. They are not as big as a regular skein of yarn! I believe I am going to join this fun filled game. :cheer

I have a question. What if you are using the cotton yarn to make dishclohes. Does those count as 1 or 2 points? Right now I am making my Dishclothes for Christmas gifts. They are not as big as a regular skein of yarn! I believe I am going to join this fun filled game. :cheer

A full skein is worth 2 points no matter what size it is.

I woke up early and got up. The house was nice and quiet, so I just worked on a hat to match the scarf. Used up another skein.

:manyheart

I probably won't get anymore busted today. I just started a skein on a doll and still am working on a pounder (though it's real close to done) so I'll just go ahead and post my score for the week.

WTD +2

At least I'm chipping away at my score and not adding these last 2 weeks. :lol

The weather's been :rain most of the week, so I stayed in and :crocheting. I rolled down 3 skeins last night :yay (+3). 6 squares done and joined, 4 more plus a border and this afghan will be done :clap. I'm not out of the negatives yet, so I could still get the "Shoot The Moon" prize :lol. I'll try to be good next week.

WTD Score: - 5

Ellie 13

Archived