2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Michaels this morning, :crocheting on the bus/train ride got the 2nd turkey body done. I was very good :yes, only got the red beads I needed, didn't even go near the :yarn. I need 4 turkeys by Nov. 21st. I've got about 3/4 of a skein left, so it should be enough. Used up 2 small balls of red and yellow on tail feathers (+2). It's supposed to :2rain tomorrow, so I'll stay in and :crocheting all day.

WTD Score: + 8

Ellie 13

So, I had the craft show today. It was a total bust! Although, I did some good networking and taught 2 impromptu crocheting classes!!

In the last week, I've killed my hands with the finishing of the items for the show. I took care of 7 plastic yarn balls, 5 balls of scrap yarn doing finishing trims, and 2 skeins of variegated. So, that's +16 on top of what I have already put up. **rests hands**

+18 for the week!!

Well I rolled a skein into a ball and used up the second thing of thread I bought this week :yay so +3 more. I almost got out of the hole I put myself in this week.

WTD -2

+30 angelfire GOLD MEDAL!!!

We have a tie for silver this week!

+18 DreamsOfYarn Silver Medal!!!

+18 rlanto Silver Medal!!!

+17 Dragonpuck Bronze Medal!!!

+10 CLLinda

+8 Ellie 13

+6 econ-nerd

+5 appy lover

+4 Tia

+4 clocke

+4 Kelly A

+3 walker1021

+3 Marzee

0 basjordan

-2 hseger

-10 darski SHOOT THE MOON!

Once again, I hesitate to award shoot the moon for such a small negative score. Great job everyone!

Great job everyone :clap

Another fantastic week. Even the shoot the moon was a very low number.

I was going through one of my large totes yesterday and found a bag of leftover balls of yarn. I had a sleepless night last night, so I made saltines and grannies daughters. I was able to bust 7 balls of yarn.

Starting out the week great with +7

Well it seems I got back just in time to claim my old glory :eek

Love that shoot the moon prize. Reminds me of bowling in a way. I won't bowl unless there is a booby prize. I have to get something for my time :rofl

I worked on my scrapghan last night. I was able to get rid of 6 balls of yarn. It was a good start to the week - but my hands are killing me. I probably won't be able to get a lot done tonight.

You are FLYING!! Great job with all the stashbusting! :yay

It won't last :lol

I have used up a lot of my scrap yarn, so it will be back to full skeins now. Unless I find more scrap yarn hiding in my stash (which is a good possibility). I still have 2 totes to go through.

Ok so I finished up with +5 last week, but I am already to +2 for this week, and moving forward. I made 4 earflap hats, 1 set of wrist warmers, and started a cable stich hat over the weekend. It would have been more, but I am having trouble with my shoulders.

I got all 4 :ttalk done and rolled a skein into a small ball (+1). I found 2 more balls of the variegated tan yarn, so I can make 2 more :ttalk. I rolled a skein into a ball making wreath pins (+1) :yay. I got 20 pins, I hope to get another 20 (+/-) out of the ball.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

Found a great pattern to make hats for kids. Uses up lots of yarn because it's double stranded. Used up two Vanna's yarn skeins making two hats.

:manyheart

Found a great pattern to make hats for kids. Uses up lots of yarn because it's double stranded. Used up two Vanna's yarn skeins making two hats.

:manyheart

What pattern are you using? I am always on the lookout for hat patterns.

Archived