2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh goodness... I bought the very last skein of SS baby bright ombre at Michaels last night and I LOOOVE it! It didnt look too cute on the skein, but its making a cute rectangle. I wish that had more :(

I went and bought a couple skeins of caron simply soft tonight, a dark sage and an off white. I figured I could use them either separately or mixed together, and look good. I was just wondering though, has anyone figured out about how many rectangles come from one skein of yarn?? I'm just curious. :hook

I'm on the board so sporadically sometimes that I ALWAYS miss the charity items, it seems. Either I'm too late altogether or I read it after the post has 3 times more volunteers than it needs! Or it's something I know I can't commit to... but this is perfect! At first I figured I wouldn't be able to since it's posted during the holidays, but once I read we have until April... I am SOOO in! I'm so excited, too. I have TONS of SS already, so that's even better!

I'm in the same boat! Even though I look at the "new posts" section every day (hourly when I'm at work), I always miss this stuff!

Looks like I have a WIP for after the christmas rush!

Thanks for asking! No there's no need to block the sections. Everybody's sections will be slightly different, most likely not perfect 7"x9"s even though we try to get as close as possible. So blocking them wouldn't make them all uniform anyway. The folks that assemble these into afghans are very experienced in dealing with easing in or stretching sections as they assemble the afghans to make them all fit.

Thank you for that! Mine aren't prefect:blush, but pretty close and they look so nice. I picked a pretty Berry Blue that I love! I am going to have to make one of their open cardigans with this color. I'm doing them as close as possible, I measure and they are so close to 7x9, but I know not perfect. And I hoped there would be great people who can assemble them, I've saw them with knit and crochet squares on one afghan, so I hoped it would be fine.

Debbi

I have 3 skeins of CSS in "Lemonade" which is a very and I mean very bright yellow!! I will make as many as I can with it. This was a clearance yarn at Joann's some time ago, and I didn't know what I was going to do with it. Well now it has a purpose, and a good one too.:clap

Can "new neighbors" be a part of this too? I just joined and do have some simply soft yarn that I can't figure out what to do with.
Absolutely! Everybody can participate. :c9

I'm not sure how I didn't see this project until now, but I'm in!

I'm working on a blanket to use up my Baby Coordinates now, but as soon as I'm done with that, I have a tub full of partial skeins of Caron and now I know what to do with them!

Yay!

I'm definitely doing this! I already have the yarn in my stash and part of my New Year's resolution was to begin charity crochet work (now that I can crochet decently enough to actually make something worth donating! LOL!).

Archived