2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Amy and Donna,:cheer

What a lovely idea. I would be most happy to do something like this. It gives such a warm feeling within you to know you are helping someone who deserves.

I would join in a heatbeat but,here,ofcourse, we do not get Caron yarn at all.

But such an idea deserves all the applaud.:clap

I am at present doing chemo caps from my stash. :crocheting I plan to make 50 ( I am on my 19th cap ) and then give it to the cancer hospital in Mumbai.

This inspiration of doing chemo caps and giving them away was from crochetville.

So thank you so much for not only hosting such a grand forum but also for all the inspiration it provides.

God bless you both and the crochetville.

Sandhya.

Thank you so much for you kind comments, Sandhya! :manyheart Kudos to you for making all those chemo caps, and I'm so glad Crochetville has been an inspiration for you! :c9

That's right. I've set April 18, 2008 as the tentative due date for squares to arrive at my house. But that's if I'm packaging and mailing them.

I don't know how I missed this, but I see there is still lots of time. I have about a 1/2 skein of SS in red, and I'll start tonite. I also have a bunch of 40% off coupons so will hit Michael's or Joann's tomorrow.

Joan

I just started one of these, does it need a single sc border when done, the starting row looks difficult to attach to other sections (to me, but I HATE joining squares)
Thanks for asking, Nancy! I agree they would be much easier to join that way, but they don't need a single crochet border. Warm Up America wants to receive them as close as possible to the 7x9 size. The people that assemble the afghans will edge them (if they choose) and join them.

If you want to edge your squares, you can, but they should be 7x9" when you are done. In other words, you could make them slightly smaller than 7x9, and then add an edge to make them 7x9. I have found that if a square is 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 a single crochet border will usually make it come out to 7x9. But that depends on your hook size and gauge, so you may need to experiment.

Donna, your dog looking at the squares is sooo cute!
Hee hee, thank you! She just happened to come over and perfectly plop down as I was about to take the photo. She is my old Gold, a 12-year old Golden Retriever. Had I shifted the camera over a few inches to the left, you'd have seen little boy feet, too, sitting in a pint-sized chair.

I am using The Harmony Guides 300 Crochet Stitches for inspiration as well and the Encyclopedia of 300 Crochet Patterns, Stitches and Designs...also the 63 Easy-to-crochet Pattern Stitches comvine to make an heirloom afghan. I will certainly not run out of ideas with these 3 resources.

Look out Donna.....the rectangles are on the way......LOL

I don't know whether to post in this thread or the CAL one so I guess just I'll just post here. I've done a baker's dozen (13) so far.

Does anyone know how many rectangles we can fit in the flat rate priority box from USPS?

Just curious. Want to send them in as big of batches as possible...

Sara

I want to find that out too.

Anyone else here smoke? or have animals?

I am trying to find out if the squares will still be welcomed.. Please PM if you want. or mesage her.. I am just curious. I know if the things are going to hospitals you cannot smoke or have animals.. but this is for warm up america. I know there are boxes at like MIcheals so I think they wouldnt have that stipulation.. but I would like to know before i go buy another skein.

Archived