2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many pieces do you have now?

Donna posts updates regularly in the first post of this thread. So any time you're wondering about current count, the easiest thing to do is re-read the first post. You'd probably have to waste a lot of time reading backwards through the thread for the most current information. :lol

But for ease of reference at this point, here's the info from the first post:

• As of January 24, 2008, Donna has received 207 rectangles.

You know, I've read that some people are hording their rectangles so they don't have to pay lots of shipping costs. But if everyone waits until the last couple weeks of the contest to send their squares, Donna is going to be inundated with hundreds and hundreds of squares to count, sort, and box, and have to do it all in a very, very short period of time.

I'd hate for her to not have enough time to get all that work done, and that we aren't able to get the package shipped off or delivered to Caron in time to meet their deadline.

It would be great if some of you could send some partial batches between now and the end of the contest! :) I think it's still fairly affordable to send your items parcel post. And if you're sending this long in advance of the deadline, I'm pretty sure your packages will be received in plenty of time.

So if you find that Parcel Post is inexpensive enough to let you go ahead and ship some rectangles a little sooner than the end of the contest, we'd really appreciate it!

Not to mention, we'll have the additional excitement of seeing the total number received go up, up, and up much faster! :devil

I'm not hoarding...just broke.I have a batch to send, but also need to send some baby items for the Baby Pack Project, and we're really low on funds right now..so I wait. Just the facts, ma'am:lol

And that's perfectly understandable, reasonable, and the right thing to do! Not everybody is going to be able to send multiple times, and we understand. We all have to do what's best for our family, first and foremost. :hug

But for those who are able to ship in two or more packages, at lower shipping options than Priority Mail, we'd really appreciate it! Although Donna's husband might not appreciate having his house cluttered up with hundreds or thousands of rectangles from now until May! :lol

Although Donna's husband might not appreciate having his house cluttered up with hundreds or thousands of rectangles from now until May! :lol
I've managed to squirrel them away out of sight so far. ;)

Regarding saving up rectangles to ship closer to the end, I am shaking in my boots a little. :scared But each of you should do what works best for you, and I'll manage. I'll have to clear that week on my calendar. :lol

Thank you to HappyOldCro for 8 rectangles and Champygirl for 20 rectangles. :manyheart They arrived Saturday.

The running total is now 235 rectangles.

sections015.jpg

Champygirl gave a list of the colors she used: Caron Simply Soft Dark Country Blue, Chocolate (Brown), and Autumn Red.

I must admit, when I started working on this, it was wierd I suppose just because I never worked on an "odd" sized shape before, but now I am having fun with it, I am going to be working up some different stitches, I am hoping to have a dozen when all done, I am using up the SS's I have on hand, mostly used skiens and just a couple at that. But, it is fun now! Thanks for letting me join in!

Hi TracyLeigh, Just shipped out a box to you containing 21 more squares via FedEx ground. I've finished my SS stash. If I can get the time to pick some more up I will do so.

I'm really hoping you sent these to Donna and not me.....:think:eek

I'm really hoping you sent these to Donna and not me.....:think:eek

OOPS....that message was meant for Donna. Getting my threads mixed up. Yes I did send them to Donna. Sorry too many things on my mind right now.

I've read and reread the first post and I don't see anything about how to get the yarn cheap. Am I just blind? Could someone point it out to me?

same here, what are we missing?

I've read and reread the first post and I don't see anything about how to get the yarn cheap. Am I just blind? Could someone point it out to me?
We had a Crochetville member who had several bags of Caron Simply Soft mill ends, but she has given it all away now, so it's no longer available. So I took the info out of the first post but forgot about that other post about it. I'll go update that now. So right now we don't have a source of extra Caron Simply Soft.

will they care if the rectangles are slightly off? i have some that are slightly larger than 9" long, and some that are slightly shorter...

4 made so far... :)

will they care if the rectangles are slightly off? i have some that are slightly larger than 9" long, and some that are slightly shorter...

4 made so far... :)

Warm Up America does not have specific guidelines on this, but I would say ideally the rectangles should be within 1/4 inch of the correct size. To measure your rectangle, lay it down and just flatten it, without any stretching. An sc border, even if it's only down one side, should take care of most rectangles that are slightly too small.

Archived