2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

I have updated the first post in this thread with the following info:

• How you can get some Caron Simply Soft if it's difficult for you to get locally or if you're on a tight budget All of this lot of yarn has been sent out, and is no longer available.
  • Patterns you can use for 7"x9" squares (and new patterns will continue to be added as they become available!)
  • A link to the Warm up America/Crochetville Contest CAL

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get the pdf link on the first post to work. All it does is take me to a "you don't have permission" page. Help anyone?

Never mind.. figured it out. I think I either need more :coffee or more :sleep

I have a question. I know that normally you need to put your info on a 3x5 card on each section. Do we need to do thios with these too. I thought I would ask since I wouldn't want Donna to have to do all that if necessary when they get to her house for us to qualify.

The rules don't say squares submitted by a group need to be individually tagged. But I will check with the people at Caron to make sure. Thanks for asking!

I heard back from Caron and they said not to put tags on the group squares. She actually said to, "Send all the group squares together in one box with no tags." Ahem... one box! :rofl

(However, please do put your Crochetville user name somewhere in or on the package so I will know who they are from, so I can keep track of whose squares have arrived.) :yes

I heard back from Caron and they said not to put tags on the group squares. She actually said to, "Send all the group squares together in one box with no tags." Ahem... one box! :rofl

Maybe a really big refrigerator box :rofl:rofl:rofl

I am not able to view the PDF ad for the sweepstakes, it says this:

MrsLewis907, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why is this??

MrsLewis907, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why is this??

Ashli, I'm not sure why you got that message. Just to verify, you clicked on the link for the actual pdf file at the very bottom of the first post in this thread, where it says Attached Images, right?

I checked, and even people who are not logged in to the forum should be able to open that pdf file.

I wonder if you might have a corrupted cookie on your system. Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reboot, then try again. If you still have problems, please let me know via PM. I'll try to help you if needed.

Donna,

I live right in Washington - about 5 miles away. In fact, I used to work at that company when it was called National Spinning. If you need help, dragging the stuff to the mill, I can help after work. Let me know. You will probably have to contact Ed to find out where to take the squares. They have a guard shack out front but it is not very big.

Yes, I did click on that link you specify. I will do what you suggest and try again. I had gotten that message a few times before on links (I know at least once was for a pattern someone was linking to) and I just figured it was a section I wasn't allowed in (such as for the mods, or something). SO I'll see what happens when I do those things. thanks!

IT WORKED. Thanks!! :clap

Why is this??

Ashli, I figured this out! :clap You should have had permission to download this file, but there were specific settings for the Crochet for Charity forum that were not correct. You should now be able to download it.

Donna,

I live right in Washington - about 5 miles away. In fact, I used to work at that company when it was called National Spinning. If you need help, dragging the stuff to the mill, I can help after work. Let me know. You will probably have to contact Ed to find out where to take the squares. They have a guard shack out front but it is not very big.

Thank you! :hug I'll let you know as the deadline comes closer.

Donna, do you want us to send rectangles (?) as we get them done or all at once?
Which ever works best for you. But if you want to send them as we go along, that would be great. Because if everybody waits until close to the end, I'll be deluged! :help

This may be a silly question. Do these squares need to be blocked before we send them?
Thanks for asking! No there's no need to block the sections. Everybody's sections will be slightly different, most likely not perfect 7"x9"s even though we try to get as close as possible. So blocking them wouldn't make them all uniform anyway. The folks that assemble these into afghans are very experienced in dealing with easing in or stretching sections as they assemble the afghans to make them all fit.

Which ever works best for you. But if you want to send them as we go along, that would be great. Because if everybody waits until close to the end, I'll be deluged! :help

:hen

Chicken! What are you afraid of? No one has ever been buried alive in squares before...at least not yet :devil

Archived