2 for 1 - Warm Up America and Crochetville!

Crochetville LLC

I'm bummed that I missed this! Will there be another Warm Up America crochetalong soon? I've love to participate. :)

Even if there's no contest this year, there's no reason we couldn't have a a crochetalong if someone want's to take the lead :hook

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already have some made that I never sent off, so definitely if someone wants to take the lead, I have some to send in.

Andrea,

You know what? If nobody objects, I'll take the lead. :yes I have such a wonderful time participating in the activities on this board, that maybe it's time I did more. If everyone will give me a few days to work out a plan, I would aprreciate it. Also, I could use your input!

Would you like to see a deadline?

Would you like to mail your finished pieces to me and have me mail them in to Warm Up America all at once?

Would you like to make a contest out of it?

Please let me know what you think! I'm going to PM the board moderator & make sure this is okay. Hopefully, we'll have a plan by Friday.

Andrea,

You know what? If nobody objects, I'll take the lead. :yes

--snip--

Would you like to make a contest out of it?

Please let me know what you think! I'm going to PM the board moderator & make sure this is okay. Hopefully, we'll have a plan by Friday.

This particular one was done in conjunction with Crochetville's participation in a special contest sponsored by Caron yarn. Since there's no contest, we're not going to organize an "official" CAL.

However, if you want to start a new CAL (separate thread) for squares for the Warm Up America project, that should be fine. Just check out their website to make sure the squares everyone makes fit their current guidelines.

And since the CAL is taking place here on Crochetville, there can't be any "contest" element to it, without prior approval from Donna and me. We have to make sure that any contest would comply with Alabama's very strict rules laws against ANYTHING that might give the appearance of gambling (since Crochetville is a registered business in the state of Alabama). Some things we can give an answer on, others we might have to run by our attorneys. (And since they charge a lot of money, we may not be able to ask the question right now.)

Holly - my 2 cents...it doesn't need to be a contest since it may cause the 'ville grief.

I say lets do the squares as a CAL and I would prefer sending mine to you. Makes me more accountable :lol

Jammerholly,

I agree with alwayscrafting, it doesn't have to be a contest. Also, depending on where you live, it might be quite costly for you to mail them in unless you are within driving distance although I also like the accountability factor of sending them to someone specifically. Deadlines are good for motivating but that is up to you and how long you want to keep up with the tally. That's my 2 cents!

Archived